Creature — Gargoyle
Defender (This creature can't attack.)
(1)(White): Creatures you control with defender can attack this turn as though they didn't have defender.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Wakestone Gargoyle occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Wakestone Gargoyle Discussion
6 months ago
The landbase seems a little too simple for a 3-colour-deck. May I suggest du add at least Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse ? They aren't expensive and help a lot. Primal Druid and Wild-Field Scarecrow are fitting ramp/fixing options, and Scaretiller might be worth a look, as well.
Two more interesting options are Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive and Mistford River Turtle to make your walls unblockable. Oh, and a way to give your creatures vigilance seems importan as well ( Always Watching is fine for that). Three more nifty cards for toughness-decks are Bident of Thassa , Angler Turtle and Profaner of the Dead .
Keep up the work, you definitely are on a good way.
7 months ago
Notes: This deck has an absurdly low curve, and wants it's ramp in it's 1 slot, if it has much at all. Most good options are going to be a bit expensive if they're any good. Card draw shouldn't be a problem...pay attention to what problems you run into while playing. Are you stalling for a way to push through? Do you need creature removal that isn't board clear? ETC.
8 months ago
We would like to recommend:
- Assault Formation / Wakestone Gargoyle : bit of redundancy in case Arcades is unavailable.
- Spidersilk Armor : provide all your defenders with reach (and a small toughness bonus).
- Tower Defense : instant, large toughness boost for all your creatures; can close out games in the right circumstances.
- Abzan Beastmaster : as your stuff is probably the toughest ...
- Indomitable Ancients : not defenders, but very tough and thus strong attackers if Arcades is present.
- Silklash Spider : tough creature AND a walking, repeatable Windstorm .
- Skinshifter : great value for a very versatile creature.
Some additional walls we would consider:
- Amaranthine Wall : because you can make it indestructible.
- Wall of Glare : fun if you can make this indestructible.
- Wall of Frost : because everyone hates facing it.
- Living Wall : because it regenerates and because it looks awesome (and disgusting).
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
11 months ago
@ SaltyWizard: Wakestone Gargoyle without switching combat damage from strength to tougthness is for most creatures not worth the effort. And if Arcades, the Strategist or High Alert are on the battlefield I do not need the Gargoyle.
Indomitable Ancients I will consider, but mostly I prefer a creatures with defender for the card-draw with Arcades.
11 months ago
1 year ago
I feel as though Assault Formation , Wakestone Gargoyle or Rolling Stones is too good not to include here- a heavy green element can be easily supported as the entire colour loves searching for basics, and also gives access to pure value in Tower Defense and Wall of Mulch .
1 year ago
Indomitable Ancients - Vanilla, sure, but 10 damage if you swing with it
Wakestone Gargoyle - Redundancy in case something happens to arcades
Meekstone - Don't let anyone with big things untap!
Retribution of the Meek - It's basically a cyclonic rift that destroys creatures