|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Uncommon|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Uncommon|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Uncommon|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Uncommon|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Wall
Defender (This creature can't attack.)
: Regenerate Living Wall.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Living Wall Discussion
3 weeks ago
- Mindcrank - keep in mind that things like Underground River or Phyrexian Arena also trigger Mindcrank. Mwahaha
- Spelltwine - instead of or in addition to Memory Plunder. Not instant speed, but two spells rather than just one.
- Mastermind's Acquisition - the official commander rules are a little fuzzy on bringing cards in from outside the game. I believe they say to handle it on a playgroup by playgroup basis, so just check with your opponents before you start
- Silumgar's Command, Ruinous Path, or Hero's Downfall can help with removal
You also have no sort of board wipe or wrath. Something like a cycled Decree of Pain would miss most of your high-toughness dudes or it could be cast normally if needed. Tragic Slip is an EDH staple and gets around indestructible.
Things you could possibly remove:
- Living Wall - I feel like you can do better than 4 mana for a 0/6 (Like Guardians of Meletis for example, which you already have), though the regenerate is nice.
- Forgotten Creation - what benefit do you get from discarding your hand? Is there a card that deals damage to your opponents when you do? If there's nothing like that, Forgotten Creation isn't contributing much. I'd feel like you'll be able to achieve delirium fairly easily
- Kefnet's Monument and Bontu's Monument - keep an eye on your black to blue creature ratio and your creature to non-creature ratio to see if you should remove one or both of these
- Meekstone - currently about 1/3 of your creatures have power 3 or greater so keep an eye on this
- Swarm Intelligence - lots of mana when you have other ways of copying spells. Though this is an enchantment. Hmm.
- Candles of Leng - Why not just Staff of Nin or something instead?
- Soul Net - doesn't trigger off of things being put from a library into the graveyard
2 months ago
may want to consider Sunweb, Mirror Wall, Cathedral Membrane, Living Wall, and Thunder Wall for walls. Warmonger's Chariot is a linear upgrade from Animate Wall, may want to replace it. Tidal Wave gives you a surprise blocker that is, oddly enough, a wall. Fortified Area gives a solid buff to your troops, Brave the Sands ups each walls stopping power while allowing those that are able to swing and still block, and Cradle of Vitality lets your general start giving those walls some oomph.
love the concept, made a wall deck for tribal wars at my local store ages ago, nice to see I wasn't the only one. keep up the good work!
8 months ago
9 months ago
I KNOW THE REAL CARD YOU'RE MISSING, Living Wall! Awesome deck love the theme!
1 year ago
Interested in people's experience/wisdom. I'm trying to work on the creature mix in my Adamaro deck. The aim of the deck is to durdle and play group hug draw and balance that with cards that slow our opponents' ability to take advantage such as War's Toll. We try not to make ourselves conspicuous and then launch a big threat late on (Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, Blightsteel Colossus, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth) or bleed our opponents out using Repercussion\Vicious Shadows and small ping damage.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 69 | 63 COMMENTS | 5946 VIEWS | IN 25 FOLDERS
Cards like Meekstone feel like they draw a lot of immediate hate and attention. Ditto Winter Orb and Torpor Orb and other cards that shut things down. Silent Arbiter and Smoke also feel like they may draw some hate.
Teferi's Puzzle Box has worked well because it disrupts strategies but doesn't cut access to cards.
At the minute I'm using Adamaro, First to Desire itself as a cheap cmc chump blocker that tends to fluctuate between being a 4/4 and a 7/7. Early game we use cards like Soldevi Sentry because it boosts Adamaro and is a regenerating shield to subtly discourage people, which seems to work.
I've just recently swapped in Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs as a ghostly prison effect. I'm also trying Masticore, again for the regeneration, it's inbuilt Pyrohemia and the fact we don't care too much about discard.
Mogg Maniac offers something a bit different.
1 year ago
it needs more walls to keep Mexicans, I mean eldrazi, out.
It's gonna be a great wall. Ask anyone, I build the best walls.
1 year ago
with every 5 color deck i make i always try to fit in at least one Bringer...Bringer of the Black Dawn,Bringer of the Blue Dawn,Bringer of the Green Dawn,Bringer of the Red Dawn,Bringer of the White Dawn
blue and black would help the most here i think
Spidersilk Armor could help your walls get...taller