Windstorm deals X damage to each creature with flying.
|Want (2)||EmanRuoy88 , Vee.o|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks Anthology (DD3)||Uncommon|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Uncommon|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
1 week ago
Somthing that is often overlooked is flying hate with things like Windstorm... could be good tech against spirits.
2 months ago
I like it! If you're looking for suggestions I would possibly recommend:
Another option if you want recurring landfall would be comboing Ramunap Excavator and any land that requires you to sac the land like Warped Landscape , Myriad Landscape , Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , etc.
Bonds of Mortality to bypass indestructible + hexproof.
Rampaging Baloths used in tandem with your ramp to abuse landfall triggers.
Sight of the Scalelords to make your big creatures bigger and scarier.
Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar to make use of all those forests you have lying around.
Prowling Serpopard adds some utility that prevents your creature spells from being countered.
Deck is looking real good though! +1 for Helix Pinnacle, that card looks W I L D.
3 months ago
We would like to recommend:
- Assault Formation / Wakestone Gargoyle : bit of redundancy in case Arcades is unavailable.
- Spidersilk Armor : provide all your defenders with reach (and a small toughness bonus).
- Tower Defense : instant, large toughness boost for all your creatures; can close out games in the right circumstances.
- Abzan Beastmaster : as your stuff is probably the toughest ...
- Indomitable Ancients : not defenders, but very tough and thus strong attackers if Arcades is present.
- Silklash Spider : tough creature AND a walking, repeatable Windstorm .
- Skinshifter : great value for a very versatile creature.
Some additional walls we would consider:
- Amaranthine Wall : because you can make it indestructible.
- Wall of Glare : fun if you can make this indestructible.
- Wall of Frost : because everyone hates facing it.
- Living Wall : because it regenerates and because it looks awesome (and disgusting).
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
8 months ago
1 year ago
Nice deck! Here are some additional ideas:
- Mardu Woe-Reaper; cheap to cast and gives you some graveyard-hate options. The lifegain helps too.
- Bramblewood Paragon; nice boost for every warrior you summon from here on out.
- Stonehoof Chieftain; bit expensive to cast but still a warrior; provides some hefty bonuses for your creatures.
- Boldwyr Intimidator; this card adds so much flavor to a warrior deck; and it's fun to use as well.
- Mardu Strike Leader; fantastic way to swamp the battlefield with warriors.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic; great way to utilize creatures that were already doomed anyway.
- Ankle Shanker; turns all your attacking creatures into instant death for anything that dares to block.
- Windstorm; since you do not use any fliers, this can be a great one-sided boardwipe against any players that do.
- Shared Animosity; since all of your creatures are warriors, this gets out of hand really fast.
- Raiders' Spoils; fantastic opportunity for some additional card draw.
- Oketra's Monument; more warrior tokens for you.
Hope any of this makes sense. Happy gaming! And should you have the time and inclination, I would appreciate feedback on one of my EDH decks. Thanks.
2 years ago
Windstorm is good against lingering souls..:) or them trample as well.. :)
2 years ago
Hello there! I don't see anything huge you're missing (other than lands), but I definitely think you should at least consider Sol Ring, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Eternal Witness, Mystical Tutor, Plasm Capture, Counterspell, and probably Blue Sun's Zenith and Stroke of Genius as well. If you're looking for cards to cut to make room for lands, I would start with the following. A lot of those cards are for what appears to be an Edric subtheme; I'd stick to just one plan, making a lot of mana and killing your opponents with it.
- Comparative Analysis
- Dive Down
- Gift of Tusks
- Hail Storm
- Hindering Touch
- Mizzium Skin
- Scatter Arc
- Storm Seeker
- Hands of Binding
- Hidden Strings
- Last Thoughts
- Needle Storm
- Open Into Wonder
- Pirate's Prize
- Storm Front
- Anvil of Bogardan
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest
- Graceful Adept
- Gudul Lurker
- Siren Stormtamer
- Slither Blade
- Triton Shorestalker
In any case, good luck! Feel free to let me know if you want some more suggestions!
2 years ago
Thanks for your upvote on my Rhonas deck!
Some suggestions for your deck:
- Hurricane seems like a better version of Windstorm, cuz it can kill Your opponents, considering aggressive strategy and big creatures.
- See the Unwritten - it will cheat in Your big creatures, with Rhonas can be realy scary
- considering very high Avg. CMC I would add more fast and reliable ramp spells Wild Growth, Vernal Bloom, Arbor Elf, Overgrowth or at least Sol Ring.
- maybe Regrowth instead of Revive?
- I would suggest to swap Harmonize for Life's Legacy, You have a lot targets for that spell to be insane. Even with Rhonas Life's Legacy = pay , sac Rhonas, draw 5 cards, it is realy powerful draw spell with him.