|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Uncommon|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Windstorm deals X damage to each creature with flying.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||thekingpinBR , ironax , Mousemke , nakni , TThors , Gyraxis , XxCataclysmiCxX , mandoso , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Swamy , , webdokkeren , frederiklw , ToolmasterOfBrainerd|
|Want (5)||Pulseman , Markwiz , Mochafrost56 , Sternguard , Exiled_soul|
4 months ago
Nice deck! Here are some additional ideas:
- Mardu Woe-Reaper; cheap to cast and gives you some graveyard-hate options. The lifegain helps too.
- Bramblewood Paragon; nice boost for every warrior you summon from here on out.
- Stonehoof Chieftain; bit expensive to cast but still a warrior; provides some hefty bonuses for your creatures.
- Boldwyr Intimidator; this card adds so much flavor to a warrior deck; and it's fun to use as well.
- Mardu Strike Leader; fantastic way to swamp the battlefield with warriors.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic; great way to utilize creatures that were already doomed anyway.
- Ankle Shanker; turns all your attacking creatures into instant death for anything that dares to block.
- Windstorm; since you do not use any fliers, this can be a great one-sided boardwipe against any players that do.
- Shared Animosity; since all of your creatures are warriors, this gets out of hand really fast.
- Raiders' Spoils; fantastic opportunity for some additional card draw.
- Oketra's Monument; more warrior tokens for you.
Hope any of this makes sense. Happy gaming! And should you have the time and inclination, I would appreciate feedback on one of my EDH decks. Thanks.
8 months ago
Windstorm is good against lingering souls..:) or them trample as well.. :)
10 months ago
Hello there! I don't see anything huge you're missing (other than lands), but I definitely think you should at least consider Sol Ring, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Eternal Witness, Mystical Tutor, Plasm Capture, Counterspell, and probably Blue Sun's Zenith and Stroke of Genius as well. If you're looking for cards to cut to make room for lands, I would start with the following. A lot of those cards are for what appears to be an Edric subtheme; I'd stick to just one plan, making a lot of mana and killing your opponents with it.
- Comparative Analysis
- Dive Down
- Gift of Tusks
- Hail Storm
- Hindering Touch
- Mizzium Skin
- Scatter Arc
- Storm Seeker
- Hands of Binding
- Hidden Strings
- Last Thoughts
- Needle Storm
- Open Into Wonder
- Pirate's Prize
- Storm Front
- Anvil of Bogardan
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest
- Graceful Adept
- Gudul Lurker
- Siren Stormtamer
- Slither Blade
- Triton Shorestalker
In any case, good luck! Feel free to let me know if you want some more suggestions!
10 months ago
Thanks for your upvote on my Rhonas deck!
Some suggestions for your deck:
- Hurricane seems like a better version of Windstorm, cuz it can kill Your opponents, considering aggressive strategy and big creatures.
- See the Unwritten - it will cheat in Your big creatures, with Rhonas can be realy scary
- considering very high Avg. CMC I would add more fast and reliable ramp spells Wild Growth, Vernal Bloom, Arbor Elf, Overgrowth or at least Sol Ring.
- maybe Regrowth instead of Revive?
- I would suggest to swap Harmonize for Life's Legacy, You have a lot targets for that spell to be insane. Even with Rhonas Life's Legacy = pay , sac Rhonas, draw 5 cards, it is realy powerful draw spell with him.
1 year ago
1 year ago
For a beginners deck this looks promising. I too like mono-green/gruul decks the most. I'll list a few cards I've found to be pretty effective against any meta, as they are all tackling some of the more common adversaries.
- Mistcutter Hydra
- Nature's Claim / Naturalize
- Vexing Shusher
- Relic of Progenitus
- Vines of Vastwood
All depends on what your LGS is playing, but those should get you started.
1 year ago
Against flying you have some good answers in green, Gravity Well is good, you could also consider some anti flying board wipes like Windstorm, Corrosive Gale or Whirlwind. Combine these with something like Evolution Charm and you can even use it to get rid of any non flying creature.
1 year ago
Okay, that makes sense.
Dictate has served me well in my play tests. Cast it end of turn and then through everything you've got into your next turn.
Thoughts on the Eiganjo Castle, Shizo, Death's Storehouse, and Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep? I run Shinka because deathtouch + first strike is nice to have. The others might be worth considering, and Shizo can be another Key to the City.
I'm not running Necropotence, mostly because I don't really enjoy the card. Instead I run Sin Prodder. My deck is a bit more aggressive than yours, and I appreciate being able to sneak the extra damage in when I can.
Another card that I can't decide about is Eight-and-a-Half-Tails. It provides solid pillowforting and permanent protection abilities as well as evasion, but it's rather mana intensive. Still, it has a lot of versatility.
I've also been using Gonti's Machinations. I know it's not great, but it provides a little bit of discouragement and affords me a lot of life gain. And sometimes that 3 damage is exactly what I need to close out the game. Yesterday it won me 1 game, and would have won me another if it hadn't been O-Ringed.
Also, Parallectric Feedback?