|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Wall
: Amaranthine Wall gains indestructible until end of turn. (Damage and effects that say "destroy" don't destroy it.)
Amaranthine Wall Discussion
2 weeks ago
We would like to recommend:
- Assault Formation / Wakestone Gargoyle : bit of redundancy in case Arcades is unavailable.
- Spidersilk Armor : provide all your defenders with reach (and a small toughness bonus).
- Tower Defense : instant, large toughness boost for all your creatures; can close out games in the right circumstances.
- Abzan Beastmaster : as your stuff is probably the toughest ...
- Indomitable Ancients : not defenders, but very tough and thus strong attackers if Arcades is present.
- Silklash Spider : tough creature AND a walking, repeatable Windstorm .
- Skinshifter : great value for a very versatile creature.
Some additional walls we would consider:
- Amaranthine Wall : because you can make it indestructible.
- Wall of Glare : fun if you can make this indestructible.
- Wall of Frost : because everyone hates facing it.
- Living Wall : because it regenerates and because it looks awesome (and disgusting).
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
2 months ago
Made a few changes.
5 months ago
If you're running Phenax as the commander, then I recommend stocking the deck full of walls, because they always have higher toughness. Moreover, they are generally cheap to cast, so by the time Phenax hits the board on turn five, you are ready to start up the mill engine. I recommend Glacial Wall , Amaranthine Wall , Wall of Lost Thoughts , Hover Barrier , Suspicious Bookcase , and Wall of Frost .
7 months ago
What do you think?
7 months ago
I'm not seeing splashing in for Erratic Cyclops is the most beneficial, especially considering it's ability/gimmick doesn't play into this deck's goal. Honestly, I would add another Teyo, the Shieldmage or Amaranthine Wall . Just a thought.
9 months ago
54 out of 100 foils, over half way there! People really shouldn't do this... lol.
I have some additional changes I'm thinking about too.
Amaranthine Wall has literally never come up in any game. I easily have over a hundred games with this deck... Indestructible just gets powered out by flicker unless I can make everything I have indestructible. Not sure what to replace it with...
Hoard-Smelter Dragon is one I am much more on the fence about but I'm thinking Viashino Heretic would be better for this deck. Kind of a toss up between the two... one takes more mana but the other requires tapping.
9 months ago
Fernah14, thank you for the comment! I have added quite a bit of removal in the deck to take care of pesky creatures and other problematic spells. One way I have taken care of the removal is with Minion of Leshrac or Avatar of Woe . Both of which allow me to take care of creatures specifically, however if I had some untap shenanigans or Quicksilver Elemental effects to let me activate abilities more than once a turn each turn I have the potential to kill everything or even exile everything with Shauku, Endbringer . If I pair the creature destruction abilities with Eater of the Dead I get to exile every creature from every graveyard while also untapping Mairsil. As far as mass removal is concered I have the Nevinyrral's Disk and Amaranthine Wall combo to make him indestructable in response to me activating the disk. I also have added Evacuation paired with Mirage Mirror to turn Mairsil into a land in repsonse to casting Evacuation basically resulting in Cyclonic Rift . If you have any recommendations for removal please feel free to leave them in a comment. Thank you again!
Amaranthine Wall occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%