|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Time Spiral "Timeshifted" (TSB)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human
When Sengir Autocrat enters the battlefield, put three 0/1 black Serf creature tokens into play.
When Sengir Autocrat leaves the battlefield, remove all Serf tokens from the game.
|Have (13)||jstn.mrrtt , Epidilius , Cunningcrow , Fineontheoutside , mziter501 , SirFowler , mazrimtaim , Horizon97 , bakeraj4 , Pumpkinking913 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Ashy , RPG_FOX|
|Want (6)||Ob1012 , toxyxav , lestudent2112 , UniTheDino , IBWolfKnight , netdragonarchfiend32|
Sengir Autocrat Discussion
6 days ago
Nice write-up! Probably took some good time to type it all down.
I did have to sort your deck on type instead of your custom types to make some sence of it though ;)
I’ve been working on a meren deck with a similar sacrifice idea for a couple of years now, though the plan is a bit different they here I do have some suggestions and tips based on my experience with the archetype.
There are probably some cards here that have been mentioned before or have been tested, so sorry for that.
sac outlets are the bread and butter of these types of deck. You always need one in play or the deck falls short (this is also one of the weak point that you can attack these decks on). Some sac outlets that I haven’t seen mentioned yet:
1) Evolutionary Leap . Except that it’s not a free sac outlet I think one of the best out there!
2) Spawning Pit . One of my favorites, create more tokens from sacing creatures and it’s free to activate. Also it can quite easily go infinite with Doubling Season
3) Attrition . It’s probably mentioned somewhere her and I probably looked over it because everyone knows this.
4) Altar of Dementia . Better in meren then it’s here but still has its uses if you want to go with an infinite combo.
5) Culling Dais . Value
6) Dark Privilege . Protection of commander and outlet in one.
7) Fallen Ideal . Recurring outlet is always nice.
8) Yahenni, Undying Partisan . Indestructible outlet.
9) Helm of Possession . If people are going big.
10) Plagued Rusalka . If people are going wide.
11) Claws of Gix . Can sac any permanent and is the cheapest outlet ever made.
Some utility creatures:
12) Wirewood Herald . This is one of my favorite fun cards in my deck. Your already playing a few good other elves (rec sage, izoni, wood elves, elvish visionary) so I definitely suggest adding this one!
13) Viridian Emissary and Primal Druid are all stars in my deck. Might be useful here over some of the 3 mana ramp creatures?? (Emissary is a bit better because of clamp, and it’s an elf).
14) Golgari Findbroker . Witness #2, also it’s an elf.
15) Sengir Autocrat and Mitotic Slime . These cards give 4 and 7 sacrifices respectively. They are some of the payoff cards that I use. Especially fond of autocrat since it works with savra and skullclamp very well.
16) Reassembling Skeleton . Another one of my payoff cards, and can get nuts of I have a good board. Also there are few ways to go infinite with this one (there is a 4 card combo with this in your deck right now).
17) Savra, Queen of the Golgari . It’s an elf and since it’s a creature its easier to tutor then an enchantment. The life gain is also nice!
And one more random card that doesn’t belong in above categories:
18) Foster . At 4 mana a bit expensive but boy what value this card can give!
Some of the cars you tested and took out I’d like to comment on. I find them very very useful and would probably never cut them in my deck:
19) Fecundity . This card is the best card in my deck, the only time it’s not great is when I’m playing against weenies or people are trading creatures with each other without me having a board presents. I don’t really care if people draw a card if I kill there 6 mana creatures because it still slows them down. What’s so good about this card that It provides us with a great amount of value. This card draws of tokens which is awesome and most of the creatures your running give to sac triggers anyway. In 90% the cases this card will generate more value for us then for other players.
20) Deathreap Ritual . The only reason I’d ever cut this card is the mana cost, which at 4 is a bit expensive. You however stated the reason for excluding this card is the lack of value. I’d like to point out that Morbid doesn’t only trigger at the end of your turn but at the end of EVERY turn. It also triggers when any creature dies, so it doesn’t have to be yours and, like fecundity, it triggers of tokens dying to!! In a four player game this card can give an easy 4 cards a round.
21) Golgari Germination . I like this mostly because I play above mentioned cards which benefit hugely from tokens dying, but even without this it’s a great card rewarding you for any sacrifice and being an enchantment it’s a bit more durable as well.
22) Sakura-Tribe Elder . At two mana and a build in sac outlet this card is a cheap ramp spell that functions at all time and can provide value even if you don’t have a sac outlet in play. But if you have experienced trough testing that you get more value out of a 3 drop ramp creature then it might be different for your deck compared to meren.
Hereby I end my epistle with a last note that if your looking to take out some card I’d look at everything above 4 mana and everything with X in the mana cost. I find I always take out these in the end since I can’t cast them reliably. (5 drops stay when they are very good for the deck though).
2 weeks ago
Finally got a chance to check this out.. sorry for the delay bud.
Looks proper. I'd only make one single suggestion.
The Serf tokens get exiled and don't ever hit the graveyard or do you much good that I notice at first glance. He's overpriced for a 0/1 with 3 chump blockers that won't help much. I'd rather get all that draw from the Library.
Otherwise, nice work sir.
2 weeks ago
Ministrant of Obligation , Sengir Autocrat , and Weaponcraft Enthusiast seem strong for sheer amount of bodies. You also have enough triggers for Panharmonicon and Strionic Resonator to be worth it. +1 from me!
3 months ago
Oh? Then if you want to make it a life deck, I'd encourage you to take a look at Karlov of the Pings. It's a life gain deck of mine, has a lot of great stuff. However it should be noted that to truly break Krav's ability there should be some token producers too.
Benevolent Offering can win you some friends on the table. Brimaz, King of Oreskos is a powerhouse. Captain's Claws can be equipped to Regna. Cenn's Enlistment can get rid of garbage lands. Doomed Traveler is a generally great card. Entreat the Angels is awesome. Ghoulcaller Gisa is oddly both a sac outlet AND token producer. Hero of Bladehold is a legend. Hidden Stockpile is honestly pretty good. Hoofprints of the Stag and Krav work great together. Hunted Witness is a slightly worse Doomed Traveler, Icatian Crier is a great way to pitch lands. Legion's Landing Flip is a nice one-drop and a permanent source in the late game. Leonin Warleader is nice. Lingering Souls is a classic. Militia's Pride, along with all these other cards, makes me wonder if attack-based tokens is a viable modern strategy. Mobilization is great if the game gets stagnant. Monastery Mentor is soooo good. Necromancer's Covenant is insane against aristocrats. Ogre Slumlord is a great rattlesnake and honestly the freaking best. Ophiomancer isn't quite as good, but still nice. Patrol Signaler- again with the attackers! Pawn of Ulamog could also be a great mana source, in the same vein as Sifter of Skulls. Promise of Bunrei seems really good. Quest for the Gravelord is a good thicc boi. Raise the Alarm is actually pretty underrated. Regal Bloodlord is great here. Sacred Mesa is great, and very repeatable. Smothering Abomination would be devastating here. Sengir Autocrat is 4 sac targets. Skirsdag High Priest can make some thicc bois. Sorin, Lord of Innistrad and Sorin, Grim Nemesis are both perfect for this deck. Twilight Drover is also freaking amazing. Wingmate Roc is, once again, practically designed to be played here!
3 months ago
I can tell just by looking at this briefly that this build has been improved over time as it looks very refined. As I am not experienced with this commander, take my comments with a grain of salt as you are more of the expert here.
I wonder if you could make use of more token producers - specifically ones that make at least 3 1/1 creatures at a time in order to use Teysa's first ability on demand if she's the only creature in play. Cards that come to mind include: Sengir Autocrat, Benevolent Offering, Increasing Devotion, Entrapment Maneuver, Spectral Procession, Martial Coup.
I think more card draw effects would be nice. I'm very surprised to not see Mentor of the Meek in here. I would argue that Read the Bones is strictly better than Painful Lesson. But overall I would consider adding a few more, some that come to mind that play well are: Damnable Pact, Skeletal Scrying, Blood Divination, Altar's Reap, Ancient Craving.
I think you could use more mana ramp. Besides mana rocks, you could take advantage of treasures with cards like Pitiless Plunderer.
Not sure if you've thought about focusing on strong cards that care about low CMC. Besides Mentor of the Meek, other cool cards could be added (some would even interact with Teysa): Unearth, Sun Titan, Reveillark, Citywide Bust.
Fun cards that come to mind that you could add:
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded Not a cheap card at around $6, but could be insane in this deck.
- Archfiend of Despair - also around $6 and high cmc, but would be nuts for ending a long game quickly
- Krav, the Unredeemed I know you said you recently traded him, but it could be worth hunting down another cheap non-foil one and run him with Regna, the Redeemer.
- Bontu the Glorified and/or Oketra the True
- Athreos, God of Passage not cheap at $12, but could be useful when you don't have tokens to sacrifice
- Eliminate the Competition - very underestimated IMO
- Black Market I'm usually very picky when it comes to enchantments at 5+ CMC, but maybe this one would be worth it in a long game since it sees tokens dying.
Lastly, a few cards I think could possibility be cut for any of the above (I am often eager to cut high CMC cards btw):
- Treasury Thrull - a good effect I'll admit, but I'm just not thrilled with the 6 CMC. If reviving creatures is your main goal, something like a Hell's Caretaker's effect for less mana might be better.
- Voldaren Pariah Flip - at her cmc with that effect, I think I'd rather run a board wipe instead
- Vizkopa Confessor - looks like a fun card, but I don't like the CMC.
- Profane Command - I don't know that this should be cut, but I'd encourage you to really ask yourself which modes you typically use because you might be able to get a card with the desired mode for less mana. If X spells are a way for you close out the game, you could consider Exsanguinate or Torment of Hailfire.
- Tamiyo's Journal - looks like a fun card, but idk about the cmc, requires a long game before providing lots of value.
- Tainted Sigil - I've never seen this card before, does it pay off well? I just don't like that people can see it on the board.
Overall, very impression decklist - glad you rebuilt it. Eager to face it next week.
3 months ago
Your creatures dying punishing your opponents is good but I feel you lack fuel for the stacks approach and your commander in general. With that in mind I have some token generators that might help with that: Abhorrent Overlord, Evangel of Heliod, Captain of the Watch, Cloudgoat Ranger, Geist-Honored Monk, Ghoulcaller Gisa, Grave Titan, Elspeth, Sun's Champion, Infernal Genesis, Leonin Warleader, Ophiomancer, Pawn of Ulamog, Secure the Wastes, Sengir Autocrat, Skirsdag High Priest. I have tried to choose creatures that were efficient in general and gain value with reanimation.
Neat ideal with the two faced deck.
7 months ago
So, playing Gonti means almost no artifact/enchantment removal. In order to cover that, I have to run N-Disk and O-Stone, which puts a damper on things if I have a bunch of stuff out. I’ve been trying out Meteor Golem as a way to get rid of those things without blowing up my board. I’ve been really impressed thus far and am thinking about replacing them with something else. I’m currently thinking of Sengir Autocrat as another option for infinite mana with Deathmantle/Altar (this would make it option 4; is that too many?) and Sandstone Oracle for card draw. Would these be good choices, or should I find something else? I have a whole list of other options.
9 months ago
SynergyBuild, thanks for the thoughtful recommendations! There's no denying that the Triskelion and Mikaeus, the Unhallowed combo is useful, and would fit nicely into this deck, but I already have it in another one of my more competitive decks. I wanted this one to be pretty casual for the most part, which is also why I avoided putting too many tutoring cards in there.
As for the 0-drops such as Memnite, Shield Sphere, Ornithopter, etc.: I'd rather focus on creatures that can generate tokens like Abhorrent Overlord, Sifter of Skulls, and Sengir Autocrat for the sac bait. Since CMC isn't an issue for Whisper, Blood Liturgist's ability, there'd be no point to include the 0-drops that would only be worth a single sacrifice, and not necessarily be worth bringing back with Whisper, Blood Liturgist to sacrifice again.
I do think that most of the cards you suggested be cut still have pretty valid reasons to be present in the deck. Most of those cards are either for spot removal Malicious Affliction, control Grave Pact, ETB/upon death triggers Kokusho, the Evening Star, discard effects Call the Bloodline, or token generation Noosegraf Mob. I mean, sure, Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger doesn't really fit in the deck, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to potentially cheat out an Eldrazi titan on like, turn 4.
I could probably drop Ancient Craving for one of the more efficient cards like Night's Whisper though. I really like Corpse Connoisseur too. Diabolic Intent fits the theme of the deck, so I might swap that in for one of the other tutoring cards. Withering Boon seems pretty great too. Counterspells in black are hilarious, and often unexpected. Toxic Deluge could very well end up replacing Damnation, because you're right, it is pretty good. Just not sure if paying that much life is always worth the effect.
Thanks again for all the great suggestions! I've definitely still got some work to do on this deck.
Sengir Autocrat occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%