|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Whenever a player plays a spell, any other player may pay that spell's mana cost. If a player does, counter the spell. (Mana cost includes color.)
Ice Cave Discussion
3 months ago
Suggested Cuts and Inclusions
While I tried to make cuts and suggestions relevant (e.g. replace ramp with ramp), many of them are arbitrary. Feel free to ignore or swap with other suggestions!
- Regrowth --> Explosive Vegetation
- Seasons Past --> Kodama's Reach
- Twist Allegiance --> Blazing Archon
- Unexpected Results --> Sunbird's Invocation
- Electrodominance --> Brilliant Ultimatum
- Geistblast --> Baleful Force
- Spell Swindle --> Counterspell
- Stroke of Genius --> Overflowing Insight
- Ice Cave --> Omniscience
- Khalni Heart Expedition
- Island --> Battlefield Forge
- Swamp --> Caves of Koilos
- Plains --> Shivan Reef
- Blighted Woodland --> Yavimaya Coast
- Cascading Cataracts --> Llanowar Wastes
- Armillary Sphere --> Swarm Intelligence
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip --> Bringer of the Blue Dawn
- Kaleidostone --> Fierce Empath
- Prismatic Lens --> Whispersilk Cloak
- Dawntreader Elk --> Farseek
- Fertilid --> Search for Tomorrow
- Selvala, Explorer Returned --> In Garruk's Wake
- Sunblast Angel --> Duneblast
- Wildfire Eternal --> Ashen Rider
Other useful inclusions
6 months ago
First off, Ice Cave isn’t really thematic or synergistic with a deck like this, and I think it’s actively bad in Commander because the rest of the table will be mad at you for letting their spells get countered. Daxos usually benefits from a much more Voltron-like strategy with more equipment. If you want to stay about here though, Tezzeret the Seeker is a good tutor. Other than that, you just need to upgrade your land base with cards like Glacial Fortress , Nimbus Maze , Skycloud Expanse , Port Town , and utility pieces like Maze of Ith
8 months ago
Run punisher effects such as Karmic Justice and Martyr's Bond . Also run Enchanted Evening which will wipe the board as well if they remove all your enchantments. Having threatening effects can often be a good deterrent. If you run a Sensei's Divining Top or Scroll Rack you could consider running Counterbalance as a reliable way to stop mass hate. Ice Cave is another option considering mass enchantment hate is primarily white and green which is in your color wheel.
8 months ago
Pay special attention to the section about stealing artifacts from your opponents' decks. I noticed you're not running staples like Sol Ring , so I would check out the most commonly played artifacts page at EDHREC to see what you can double up on by playing from your opponents' decks with stuff like Thada Adel, Acquisitor , as well as the page for Mishra, himself.
1 year ago
Thanks for taking the time to look at the list and leave a comment! Great to hear you like the list. Please consider upvoting as well if you liked it ;). I looked at your tips and these ar my considerations when assessing them:
About your tips:
- Spirit Away I find too expensive mana-wise. I’d rather have 4-5 mana spells that steal a creature
- Similar for Clone Legion. 9 Mana is quite prohibitive and you can only run a few of that cost. I went for Expropriate for my high cmc spell.
- Silumgar's Command is a nice versatile hate card. However, it’s a bit expensive at 5 mana. I am not expecting to hold up 5 mana with this deck, so that’s why I did not include it.
- Silumgar, the Drifting Death is nice, but It doesn’t synergize with the goal of my list, which is to steal by opponents permanents. If I would run a dragon sub-theme, it would surely find a spot in the deck, but that wasn’t the idea I was going for. A similar answer I would have for Archetype of Imagination. It’s a great card, but does not really gel with the strategy of the deck.
- Telepathy is a card I’m going to consider. Knowing what my opponent’s have could be crucial info to know how to use my steal spells.
- I do not really get you Psychic Surgery tip tbh. My deck does not actively shuffle opponent’s decks or want them to exile good cards. I want to steal the good cards :D
- Ice Cave I would find more fitting in a chaos deck. With this deck I want to have the opposite: control.
- I did not know about the … of empires cycle. Looks like fun! However, it would require many resources to get them in play all at once. I would rather add Empress Galina for example to get a similar effect as Crown of Empires.
Hope this explains my thought process a bit concerning your tips.
Thanks gain for the tips, and I'll have a look at your list soon.
1 year ago
A while back I was going to use more counterspells, but I really don't know how I would make it work in a 5 color deck. I left Dovescape in the maybeboard because it interacts with Eye of the Storm, but I don't have enough to make Guile worth it, which is something I wanted to do at one point because Guile Is fun.
That said, if someone else knows their way around counterspell decks better than me, it would definitely be fun, along with stuff like Ice Cave, Chancellor of the Annex, and Nullstone Gargoyle, Decree of Silence, and a bunch of other things.
1 year ago
Although I don't use all of the combo cards he is still in there because of the combo with Possibility Storm & because he is a card that I like.
No data for this card yet.