|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Whenever an opponent plays a nonartifact creature spell that doesn't share a color with a creature you control, counter that spell unless its controller pays (X), where X is its converted mana cost.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Invoke Prejudice Discussion
1 month ago
Im always happy to help. Here are a few (insanely expensive cards) that can bring any blue build to the level at which all your friends refuse to fight you:
You have been warned :P
2 months ago
jacb007 the deck isn't about jus tmilling, otherwise it would indeed be sort of weak...especially because a lot of decks don't care about getting stuff dropped into the gy, some would even go off faster. I'll probably cut the scroll rack today (because it doesn't do as much with the big uba mask plan) and get one more slot for cyclonic rift or another counter to fight the things that would shut down my own strategy.
As for torpor orb, I did like it much a while ago but ETB effects aren't THAT much of a problem, at least shutting down only ETB effects doesn't hurt a lot of decks as much as for example Cursed Totem. Especially in my local meta I see other players still have torpor orb in several decks, so I'm pretty safe with dropping it - there's a high chance someone else at the table has either no problem with torpor orb or even casts one themselves.
What I've done though is exchange some of the anti-creature stuff to top level hate: originally I build this deck to have a blue heavy deck that makes good use of my English Invoke Prejudice but after playing Circu for a while it's too much of a pet card to keep it in there. Instead I've chosen The Abyss and also removed thing in the ice to make room for my spare The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale...and one swamp was switched to Urborg. This means +1 land in total and The Abyss lands on my buylist.
2 months ago
After thinking it over I've decided to make a few more changes to the deck. I've moved Solemnity, Phyrexian Unlife, Tainted AEther and Opalescence into the main board and added Decree of Silence and Enchanted Evening. I've moved Invoke Prejudice, Teferi's Moat, War Tax and Athreos, God of Passage to the maybeboard and removed Stasis Snare and Archetype of Courage completely. I really like the combos Solemnity has with Phyrexian Unlife and Decree of Silence and I've tried to go for some land destruction with Tainted AEther and the Enchanted Evening and Opalescence Combo.
2 months ago
Hi everybody, I'm trying to sell some higher end things to pay some bills. Have lots of references on here, lots from FB selling groups! All prices beat current TCG's lows per condition, pictures provided by email to interested buyers. Please private message if interested.
willing to ship to Canada, but shipping is minimum $10 for bubble mailer with tracking, buyer expected to pay full shipping costs
Italian Invoke Prejudice - LP - $150
Second Chance LP - $75
Japanese Duel Deck Ancestral Vision - $15
Masterpiece Sculpting Steel - NM - 30
2 months ago
And Sol Ring used to be in here, but I found myself needing the colored mana or another answer early game. I have alot of double/triple color cmc spells in here and stability gets rewarded over speed in this variant.
Since I can play everything in deck off of 5 mana sources, early game responses have won out...with the exception of Thought Vessel (alt kruphix hand size enabler) and Chromatic Lantern (jic I topdeck all my trick lands)
The only card I desperately want is my Prophet of Kruphix back at some point...But I'm not holding my breath
3 months ago
Rahvin_dom: Thanks for the input however in this deck I will rarely have any creatures on the field since it's the decks mainly built on controlling the field and the players actions. With 0 creatures on my side Invoke Prejudice would counter each creature unless they pay the tax because it checks for colors on the field and not if there's any creatures on my side.
3 months ago
Any infinite mana combo (including colorless, and I see you have several) with Thrasios, Triton Hero becomes "put all lands in your deck onto the battlefield tapped, then draw all cards in your deck." Follow up with Walking Ballista to infinitely ping everyone to death. Thrasios does amazing work on his own too, acting as a mana sink so you can hold up interaction and then ramp/draw at EOT if you didn't need to use the mana.
I LOVE Invoke Prejudice. I play it in my Talrand, Sky Summoner mono-U deck, and it pulls amazing weight. Rarely does a single card create so much salt.
But...in Sultai, the presence of your commander means that Invoke Prejudice does nothing at all for 3/5 (really 3/6, because colorless matters for that card) of the color pie. I'm not sure I like it in decks with three or more colors for that reason.
4 months ago
Oh boy do I love control in EDH. Let me recommend some stuff.
- Aura of Silence Turning your opponents Sol Rings into slightly better Worn Powerstones is really solid tempo control.
- Kismet/Frozen AEther more solid tempo control.
- Invoke Prejudice Invoke Racism jokes aside, this card can slow games to a crawl. Shame about the pricetag though.
- Pendrell Mists My dude, its the Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, but not $1,000.
- Rule of Law/Arcane Laboratory How about making countering stuff a much easier affair? If you're playing the long game, this rarely hurts you and watching ramp pull their hair out is hilarious.
- Torpor Orb This card can be a little tricky because it will hurt you too if you're not careful, but people forget how many staples in EDH are ETB creatures. Shutting them all off is a great power to have over your opponents.
- Ghostly Prison/Propaganda Consider these as some solid protection against aggro. Not perfect, but you do often force them into either tapping out to attack you or tapping out to cast things.
- Meishin, the Mind Cage Maybe consider if you want something a little more potent than Propaganda?
- Wrath of God/Evacuation/Oblivion Stone This deck should have a couple of reset buttons.
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir Good. Very good. Cast your Wurmcoil EOT, give yourself protection on your turn. Maybe throw in Grand Abolisher too.
- Mimic Vat Maybe not something immediately thought of when control comes to mind, but a very versatile toolbox card. You don't always have to be grabbing someones Akroma. In fact, using something like Sakura-Tribe Elder every turn is also really strong.
- Annul Annul is really good in EDH.
Wow that was way longer of a post than I thought it would be. Sorry! Hope I was helpful!