|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Gargoyle
Whenever the first noncreature spell of a turn is played, counter that spell.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Nullstone Gargoyle Discussion
2 weeks ago
Zero-cost Artifacts would really help accelerate the deck.
2 weeks ago
Nullstone Gargoyle is great for creature heavy decks.
Rock Hydra and maybe another couple things with X in the casting cost.
1 month ago
i know not all the morphs are that amazing and i am taking some out, but i would like to stick mostly to morph for the fun of it, and bacause it is good for the combos in the deck
1 month ago
Nullstone Gargoyle is damn near a win con for animar.
Instead of a few of the less useful morphs, maybe a few instants. (Meaning, creatures with flash).
Mizzium Meddler etc.
2 months ago
A lot of your cards are not very impactful, like the Akromas, Najeela, Treacherous Terrain. The other Myojin have powerful effects, like Myojin of Night's Reach, Myojin of Cleansing Fire, and Myojin of Seeing Winds.
Rather than Dread Cacodemon, why not In Garruk's Wake?
Grozoth is a really cool card that lets you tutor all your 9 CMC spells, which you can then cheat into play with Myojin of Life's Web (which is also 9 CMC). Omniscience would let you cast the noncreature spells as well. Iona, Shield of Emeria, Void Winnower, and Nullstone Gargoyle can stop opponents from responding. Rise of the Dark Realms is great after a wipe. Zacama, Primal Calamity is also good for untapping all your lands.
3 months ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
4 months ago
Depending on how much you want to hate on people; Nullstone Gargoyle, Ward of Bones and Dosan the Falling Leaf can all be good restrictions to others that don't hamper your creature-based strat. +1 for sure, lots of potential for a cheap commander!
4 months ago
A while back I was going to use more counterspells, but I really don't know how I would make it work in a 5 color deck. I left Dovescape in the maybeboard because it interacts with Eye of the Storm, but I don't have enough to make Guile worth it, which is something I wanted to do at one point because Guile Is fun.
That said, if someone else knows their way around counterspell decks better than me, it would definitely be fun, along with stuff like Ice Cave, Chancellor of the Annex, and Nullstone Gargoyle, Decree of Silence, and a bunch of other things.