|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sacrifice all creatures you control, then put that many 4/4 red Hellion creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||ironax , GoldGhost012 , Vasbear1 , Fineontheoutside , Wolfebladeelite , metljoe , ThisIsBullshit , theilluminaire , RPG_FOX , electrolynx , mcstang1986 , duff87 , Epidilius , mziter501 , Va1mar , XxCataclysmiCxX , sonnet666 , Schuesseled , Replayced , PTsmitty , bakeraj4|
Hellion Eruption Discussion
4 months ago
My recommendations for cuts are as follows:
- Captivating Crew
- Grove Rumbler
- Scute Mob
- Seismic Elemental
- Woodland Wanderer
- Natural Connection
- Scour from Existence
- Crash Through
- Gaea's Blessing
- Hellion Eruption
- Mob Rule
- Nissa's Renewal
- Primal Command
- Seek the Horizon
- Warp World
- 2x Forest
- 1x Mountain
- Domri Rade
- Blood Rites
- Bonds of Mortality
- Explorer's Scope
- Gruul Cluestone
- Hedron Archive
- Nevinyrral's Disk
- Slab Hammer
There are other recommendations I have for changes. For now I’ll start you off with that and if you want more suggestions, let me know.
5 months ago
Dragon Broodmother kann nicht dein Commander sein, Alternativen fuer ne Lifegain / Token / Devour Strategie waeren:
- Tana, the Bloodsower
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Thromok the Insatiable (Skaliert exponentiell, mit Trample drauf kann der schnell Spiele beenden)
- Bloodspore Thrinax Must play in dem theme
- Dragonlair Spider
- Fresh Meat (Devourst 20 Tokens und bekommst 20 staerkere Tokens)
- Sylvan Offering
- Hellion Eruption (1/1 -> 4/4)
- Wolfbriar Elemental
- Chancellor of the Forge
- Hooded Hydra
- Release the Gremlins
- Hornet Nest (Denk dran wenn die nen 6 power mob blockt machtse auch 6 Tokens)
- Hornet Queen
- Stalking Vengeance
- Tempt with Vengeance
- Hellkite Hatchling
- Thunder-Thrash Elder
- Beacon of Creation
- Rampaging Baloths
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Parallel Lives kostet zwar bissl mehr aber lohnt sich hier
- Mitotic Slime 7 Bodies fr 5 Mana
- Fires of Yavimaya must play in Gruul
- Cultivate & Kodama's Reach sind Ramp staples in EDH
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Skullmulcher Brauchst bissl mehr Draw
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip ist noch nice fuer Ramp
- Khalni Garden, Skarrg, the Rage Pits rein
- Yavimaya Hollow raus (Kostet 30-60 Euro) und lieber Kessig Wolf Run rein
- Contested Cliffs raus (Spielst zuwenig Beasts dazu) und Oran-Rief, the Vastwood rein um alle Tokens zu pumpen
- Mosswort Bridge wuerde gehen aber Kher Keep ist in der Strategie wahrscheinlich besser um excess mana gegen Token zu tauschen
- Fungal Reaches ist crap, bekommst genug Ramp durch Creatures und anderweitig
- Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse sind must pick in jedem multi-color deck, damit fixt man nicht nur Mana, sondern dnnt auch das Deck aus und erhht die Chance Karten die man braucht zu ziehen.
7 months ago
Okay. Sorry I'm late, so I'll make it a good one.
Maybe too slow: Assemble the Legion, Awakening Zone, Dragonlair Spider, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury, From Beyond, Growing Ranks, Imperious Perfect, Jade Mage, Kazandu Tuskcaller, Krenko, Mob Boss, Rakka Mar, Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage.
Awesome: Artifact Mutation, Aura Mutation, Baloth Cage Trap, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Hanweir Garrison, Hero of Bladehold, Martial Coup, Nomads' Assembly, Oketra the True, Sacred Mesa, Sram's Expertise, Sundering Growth, Tempt with Vengeance, Tilonalli's Summoner, Trostani, Selesnya's Voice.
So yeah. Quite a list eh? Had to comb through 660 cards. So like... there's a lot.
11 months ago
I would recommend scrapping two cards, specifically:
- Hostility because there are only three direct damage spells in your deck (not including copy spells). It's also pretty hefty on the CMC.
- Since you are also running a looser tribal shell (with the inclusions of elementals, dragons, hellions, etc), I think that Kindred Charge isn't quite strong enough for its CMC. I would probably recommend scrapping that because it optimistically will only deal around 20 damage (I know, that's still not bad, but it isn't lethal and it's still fairly optimistic). I would either scrap that, or scrap Descent of the Dragons and Hellion Eruption, but those two I think are more powerful cards.
I would definitely recommend adding these:
- Moggcatcher for more tutor power and protecting your creatures by not "casting" them. Even if you aren't in a super controlling meta, it's always good to make your creatures harder to deal with.
- Quest for Pure Flame because it is essentially a Gratuitous Violence for 1 mana. It's super easy to set up, and you can pop it out of nowhere. Right before a big Descent of the Dragons or a Krenko, Mob Boss activation seems nice to me.
- Goblin Bombardment is also really nice. It can sometimes give you the last bit of damage you need to seal out a victory, or it can be crucial in response to an opponent's board wipe/wrath. I don't know if that is a common thing in your play group or not, but it could be worth considering!
Really, there isn't anything bad with this deck at all! Those are just some things you might want to consider, but if not then the deck will still be fine! The last thing that I would suggest is just trimming down the fat (the avg. CMC). The lower your curve, the more you get to play. If you want a hyper aggro build, I would try to trim the CMC down to around >3.0.
As always, feel free to ask me any questions you have! I love helping out fellow red mages! :)
1 year ago
Love the deck, really want to build a Sek'Kuar deck, im too afraid to sac my lands though. Would Hellion Eruption work in this deck, the problem would then be giving them haste I guess.
1 year ago
Hey Darrell this is Austin. I haven't really gone through what should replace what but just a list of what to take out and to add in. The cards that are going on the add list should help speed the deck up and cards that should be taken out are either to slow or just not as good as other cards that are on the add list. Now it's your deck so you do what you want, but these cards should help out a lot. Alright here we go.
Take out:1. Akki Drillmaster2. Aligned Hedron Network3. Banefire4. Faithless Looting5. Flameshadow Conjuring6. Frenzied Goblin7. Goblin Assault8. Goblin Bushwhacker9. Goblin Diplomats10. Goblin Guide11. Goblinslide12. Grenzo, Havoc Raiser13. Hellion Eruption14. Lightning Bolt15. Manabarbs16. Mizzium Mortars17. Mountain18. Mountain19. Need for Speed20. Ogre Battledriver21. Possibility Storm22. Predator Dragon23. Pyretic Ritual24. Quietus Spike25. Raid Bombardment26. Seething Song27. Smuggler's Copter28. Throne of the God-Pharaoh29. Warbreak Trumpeter30. Warstorm Surge31. Zo-Zu the Punisher
Add in:1. Breath of Fury2. Brightstone Ritual3. Caterwauling Boggart4. Cavern of Souls5. Coat of Arms6. Door of Destinies7. Goblin Chieftain8. Goblin Chirurgeon9. Goblin Lackey10. Goblin Matron11. Goblin Recruiter12. Goblin Ringleader13. Goblin War Strike14. Krenko's Command15. Mana Echoes16. Massive Raid17. Moggcatcher18. Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx19. Price of Glory20. Purphoros, God of the Forge21. Reforge the Soul22. Sensei's Divining Top23. Shared Animosity24. Shattering Spree25. Staff of Domination26. Stranglehold27. Swiftfoot Boots28. Thousand-Year Elixir29. Vandalblast30. Warren Instigator31. Wheel of Fortune