|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sacrifice all creatures you control, then put that many 4/4 red Hellion creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Hellion Eruption Discussion
8 months ago
Thanks for the shoutout Darth_Savage,
I have had a quick look at your deck and can see that you are trying to go wide with lots of creatures, and utitlise the power of cards like Goblin Bushwhacker, Hellion Eruption, might of masses and Outnumber so i will stick with this theme of the deck and make some suggestions based on this assumption.
Firstly I would change Runaway Steam-Kin as this card is only really good in a mono red deck looking to play small spells, your deck is currently 33% green and 67% red, and although this is a large amount of red, you dont have enough low cost red spells to make this a great card, we can find something better :). If you decide to go mono red down the line, then this is a potential card to bring back.
A lot of your deck seems to be about generating a huge amount of eldrazi spawn's, so with this in mind I would up the Broodwarden to 4, as this will really help finding one, and multiple of these is even better!
To make sure you can cast your 5/6 mana spells we would need to up the land count to 24/25 or have more ways to create mana if you take my advice to remove the Runaway Steam-Kin's. Instead of adding extra lands, I see you already have Growth Spasm, so I would suggest putting 2 more in as well to make sure you hit lands consistently, but still allows you to develop your board. (You wont want to sacrifice too many eldrazi spawns for mana).
Lastly I would try and make room for 2 more Outnumber and 1 more Lightning Bolt as these are both key removal for your deck. I would drop x1 Relentless Assault and x2 Emrakul's Hatcher to make room for this, as both these cards require a lot of mana to cast. Relentless assault is also a card you dont want to ever have 2 of, and with other win-cons in your deck, I feel that dropping one still should mean you see it in 30-50% of games and gives you the option of double combat if needed.
I hope the above is taken as suggestions based on my experience of the game and the cards you have chosen currently and isnt meant as a definitive guide.
If you need any additional information on my selections or want to know my opinion on other cards, i'd be happy to help.
10 months ago
Coat of Arms makes your elementals more or less instantly lethal.
Sundial of the Infinite skips your end step, so for 1 mana your elementals stick around.
Shivan Harvest is a fun screw.
Altar of Dementia is also a lot of fun. Insta-milling someone out is a blast.
Dark-Dweller Oracle is great card advantage.
Hellion Eruption is insane- though it does also hit Valduk.
Tooth and Claw is great if you don't have the Sundial around.
What is Darksteel Plate not doing in this deck?
Prowler's Helm is sooo mean.
Sword of the Animist is good ramp. In the late game it might thin the deck too.
I'm getting super into this deck. I might make my own brew... really, I am loving it. May get back to you on that.
10 months ago
1 year ago
My recommendations for cuts are as follows:
- Captivating Crew
- Grove Rumbler
- Scute Mob
- Seismic Elemental
- Woodland Wanderer
- Natural Connection
- Scour from Existence
- Crash Through
- Gaea's Blessing
- Hellion Eruption
- Mob Rule
- Nissa's Renewal
- Primal Command
- Seek the Horizon
- Warp World
- 2x Forest
- 1x Mountain
- Domri Rade
- Blood Rites
- Bonds of Mortality
- Explorer's Scope
- Gruul Cluestone
- Hedron Archive
- Nevinyrral's Disk
- Slab Hammer
There are other recommendations I have for changes. For now I’ll start you off with that and if you want more suggestions, let me know.
1 year ago
Dragon Broodmother kann nicht dein Commander sein, Alternativen fuer ne Lifegain / Token / Devour Strategie waeren:
- Tana, the Bloodsower
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Thromok the Insatiable (Skaliert exponentiell, mit Trample drauf kann der schnell Spiele beenden)
- Bloodspore Thrinax Must play in dem theme
- Dragonlair Spider
- Fresh Meat (Devourst 20 Tokens und bekommst 20 staerkere Tokens)
- Sylvan Offering
- Hellion Eruption (1/1 -> 4/4)
- Wolfbriar Elemental
- Chancellor of the Forge
- Hooded Hydra
- Release the Gremlins
- Hornet Nest (Denk dran wenn die nen 6 power mob blockt machtse auch 6 Tokens)
- Hornet Queen
- Stalking Vengeance
- Tempt with Vengeance
- Hellkite Hatchling
- Thunder-Thrash Elder
- Beacon of Creation
- Rampaging Baloths
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Parallel Lives kostet zwar bissl mehr aber lohnt sich hier
- Mitotic Slime 7 Bodies fr 5 Mana
- Fires of Yavimaya must play in Gruul
- Cultivate & Kodama's Reach sind Ramp staples in EDH
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Skullmulcher Brauchst bissl mehr Draw
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip ist noch nice fuer Ramp
- Khalni Garden, Skarrg, the Rage Pits rein
- Yavimaya Hollow raus (Kostet 30-60 Euro) und lieber Kessig Wolf Run rein
- Contested Cliffs raus (Spielst zuwenig Beasts dazu) und Oran-Rief, the Vastwood rein um alle Tokens zu pumpen
- Mosswort Bridge wuerde gehen aber Kher Keep ist in der Strategie wahrscheinlich besser um excess mana gegen Token zu tauschen
- Fungal Reaches ist crap, bekommst genug Ramp durch Creatures und anderweitig
- Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse sind must pick in jedem multi-color deck, damit fixt man nicht nur Mana, sondern dnnt auch das Deck aus und erhht die Chance Karten die man braucht zu ziehen.
1 year ago
Okay. Sorry I'm late, so I'll make it a good one.
Maybe too slow: Assemble the Legion, Awakening Zone, Dragonlair Spider, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury, From Beyond, Growing Ranks, Imperious Perfect, Jade Mage, Kazandu Tuskcaller, Krenko, Mob Boss, Rakka Mar, Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage.
Awesome: Artifact Mutation, Aura Mutation, Baloth Cage Trap, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Hanweir Garrison, Hero of Bladehold, Martial Coup, Nomads' Assembly, Oketra the True, Sacred Mesa, Sram's Expertise, Sundering Growth, Tempt with Vengeance, Tilonalli's Summoner, Trostani, Selesnya's Voice.
So yeah. Quite a list eh? Had to comb through 660 cards. So like... there's a lot.
1 year ago
I would recommend scrapping two cards, specifically:
- Hostility because there are only three direct damage spells in your deck (not including copy spells). It's also pretty hefty on the CMC.
- Since you are also running a looser tribal shell (with the inclusions of elementals, dragons, hellions, etc), I think that Kindred Charge isn't quite strong enough for its CMC. I would probably recommend scrapping that because it optimistically will only deal around 20 damage (I know, that's still not bad, but it isn't lethal and it's still fairly optimistic). I would either scrap that, or scrap Descent of the Dragons and Hellion Eruption, but those two I think are more powerful cards.
I would definitely recommend adding these:
- Moggcatcher for more tutor power and protecting your creatures by not "casting" them. Even if you aren't in a super controlling meta, it's always good to make your creatures harder to deal with.
- Quest for Pure Flame because it is essentially a Gratuitous Violence for 1 mana. It's super easy to set up, and you can pop it out of nowhere. Right before a big Descent of the Dragons or a Krenko, Mob Boss activation seems nice to me.
- Goblin Bombardment is also really nice. It can sometimes give you the last bit of damage you need to seal out a victory, or it can be crucial in response to an opponent's board wipe/wrath. I don't know if that is a common thing in your play group or not, but it could be worth considering!
Really, there isn't anything bad with this deck at all! Those are just some things you might want to consider, but if not then the deck will still be fine! The last thing that I would suggest is just trimming down the fat (the avg. CMC). The lower your curve, the more you get to play. If you want a hyper aggro build, I would try to trim the CMC down to around >3.0.
As always, feel free to ask me any questions you have! I love helping out fellow red mages! :)
No data for this card yet.