|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Uncommon|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Viashino Warrior
Devour 3 (As this enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. This creature enters the battlefield with three times that many +1/+1 counters on it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Thunder-Thrash Elder Discussion
5 months ago
Dragon Broodmother kann nicht dein Commander sein, Alternativen fuer ne Lifegain / Token / Devour Strategie waeren:
- Tana, the Bloodsower
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Thromok the Insatiable (Skaliert exponentiell, mit Trample drauf kann der schnell Spiele beenden)
- Bloodspore Thrinax Must play in dem theme
- Dragonlair Spider
- Fresh Meat (Devourst 20 Tokens und bekommst 20 staerkere Tokens)
- Sylvan Offering
- Hellion Eruption (1/1 -> 4/4)
- Wolfbriar Elemental
- Chancellor of the Forge
- Hooded Hydra
- Release the Gremlins
- Hornet Nest (Denk dran wenn die nen 6 power mob blockt machtse auch 6 Tokens)
- Hornet Queen
- Stalking Vengeance
- Tempt with Vengeance
- Hellkite Hatchling
- Thunder-Thrash Elder
- Beacon of Creation
- Rampaging Baloths
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Parallel Lives kostet zwar bissl mehr aber lohnt sich hier
- Mitotic Slime 7 Bodies fr 5 Mana
- Fires of Yavimaya must play in Gruul
- Cultivate & Kodama's Reach sind Ramp staples in EDH
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Skullmulcher Brauchst bissl mehr Draw
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip ist noch nice fuer Ramp
- Khalni Garden, Skarrg, the Rage Pits rein
- Yavimaya Hollow raus (Kostet 30-60 Euro) und lieber Kessig Wolf Run rein
- Contested Cliffs raus (Spielst zuwenig Beasts dazu) und Oran-Rief, the Vastwood rein um alle Tokens zu pumpen
- Mosswort Bridge wuerde gehen aber Kher Keep ist in der Strategie wahrscheinlich besser um excess mana gegen Token zu tauschen
- Fungal Reaches ist crap, bekommst genug Ramp durch Creatures und anderweitig
- Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse sind must pick in jedem multi-color deck, damit fixt man nicht nur Mana, sondern dnnt auch das Deck aus und erhht die Chance Karten die man braucht zu ziehen.
6 months ago
Sweet idea, didn't know Thunder-Thrash Elder was a thing!
What do you think about Blisterpod? It gives you multiple bodies to Sacrifice and can even ramp you into your big finishers.
As a card draw engine, I can recommend Fecundity to keep the action going.
I would also cut a couple of the high cmc cards to make room for a playset of Lightning Bolts since they give you a way to interact with your opponent as well as giving you more aggressive draws. Given that you can afford them, a playset of Bolts can be used in almost any red deck in Modern, so they are definitely worth the money.
1 year ago
Also, Cryptolith Rite and Kodama's Reach are good, but you could probably change up the lands, and not need them. Ancient Ziggurat is one of the better ones for you, since it's only your Zubera that are colorful; the rest of your spells are only black and green.
Perhaps Cauldron of Souls or Cauldron Haze would work in this deck? Especially if you can get some effects like Spawning Pit that'll let you sacrifice creatures anytime, rather than the one-shot effects like Thunder-Thrash Elder. It would effectively double the number of Zubera sent to the graveyard in a turn; and you'll get them back anyway.
I don't know, just brainstorming.
1 year ago
Cybird13 Devour looks really cool in this deck. Especially the Modern version I'm working on which is more sacrificey. I did a quick Gatherer search and found Thunder-Thrash Elder. That card is going to tear it up. Thanks for the suggestion - let me know how it goes if you ever try it out.
1 year ago
Thanks again bushido_man96!
Expedite is only in here for the card draw and I agree it's super weak.
As for Brave the Elements, it's one of those cards I put in almost every white deck. It's saved my @$$ more times than I can count! But I can definitely see it not being as strong as other options, thanks!
I just saw False Prophet the other day. Creature + board wipe! It's awesome!
1 year ago
I think of cards you could cut, I would include Expedite, Crusader of Odric (it doesn't look like you are going to be controlling enough creatures to really make that one matter), Thunder-Thrash Elder (you want to sac creatures to Brion), and Brave the Elements (its ok, but its a once-off that I think you could find better value for that slot). That would give you some room to narrow down your maybeboard.
For an interesting option for boardwipes, you could consider False Prophet.
1 year ago
Thanks for the recommendations Deathstroke2791 I really appreciate it. My creature list is a bit random because I built the deck with what I had on hand.
My group's meta is a lot of aggro so things like Flameblast Dragon and Living Inferno are huge help as they can be pretty versatile but I guess at the same time they are in the higher end of the cmc spectrum. Thunder-Thrash Elder is another one that's in here because of Entreat the Angels and once that goes so will the elder.
Combustible Gearhulk is awesome. I definitely need more card draw and this fits perfectly. Solemn Simulacrum is one of those edh staples I haven't gotten yet. This is my first commander deck so I'm still building my edh collection. I absolutely love Flameshadow Conjuring it's cheap and looks like it can be a game changer!
1 year ago
Good suggestions, Mycoloth is a good card for late game but by the time I get him out I already have a trampling 25/25 Thunder-Thrash Elder so its usefulness is questionable. Fling is actually a decent card but a well guessed Fertile Imagination can net me six saprolings for four mana. Warstorm Surge is expensive mana wise while Doubling Season is money expensive...and I don't want to proxy it. This is a more budget deck but Parallel Lives is a cheaper replacement for doubling season.