|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition II||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
1, Exile two creature cards in a single graveyard from the game: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Night Soil Discussion
4 days ago
I dont see how Night Soil isn't better? Better chance of me having 2 greens than a black and green, and 1 mana for 2 creatures exiled instead of 2 mana for 1 creature?
4 days ago
Personally I'd recommend cutting Night Soil for Necrogenesis. I don't know if you have it for any particular reason but necrogenesis is a lot more flexible, both in mana cost and in targeting options.
1 week ago
-Angel of Jubilation: meta-tech card against oloro and marchesa decks. I've tried trostani before and her token ability is just kind of slow
-Tolsimir Wolfblood: gone on my next deck revision for hour of devastation
-Privileged Position: helps protect wincon permanents from spot removal, but otherwise lackluster, might cut it later
-Collective Blessing: sits in your hand until a critical mass of tokens is reached, no different than something like overrun or thunderfoot baloth
-Night Soil: weaker graveyard hate than the other two, but significantly stronger in this deck, especially against a 4/5 man pod
-Kamahl, Fist of Krosa: wincon and boardwipe protection. you can use the overrun if it's late in the game or hold up mana to turn other people's lands into creatures when a boardwipe hits. I haven't gone full elfball enough to run ezuri yet
Garruk Wildspeaker: is both ramp and an overrun. he either survives a turn, in which case I got to ramp a bit and "gained" some life, or he keeps surviving, allowing me to ramp and threaten an overrun (planeswalker removal is kinda rare in my group, i'm really the only green player)
-Champion of Lambholt: i want to test her out in a normal game before i make a decision
-Cathars' Crusade (mentioned above): it's a card that really only needs to be out for a turn and then everything gets out of hand. I might cut it later, but i'm not ready to yet
1 week ago
Cards i would cut and some replacement suggestions:
- Soul's Attendant: doesn't advance board state. Elvish Mystic.
- Essence Warden: ibid. Llanowar Elves
- Angel of Jubilation: really difficult mana base to achieve on turn 4. Trostani, Selesnya's Voice.
- Tolsimir Wolfblood: not enough impact late game. Angel of Sanctions
- Privileged Position: wipes should be your main worry and concern Fresh Meat.
- Collective Blessing: how can you be reliably sure there will be enough creatures to take advantage of this?
- Night Soil better of just running Tormod's Crypt or Relic of Progenitus token synergy notwithstanding.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa: too mana hungry. Needs to just be lower in expense. How about Ezuri, Renegade Leader.
- Garruk Wildspeaker: planeswalkers are notoriously fragile. He ramps on turn 4 but i'd rather have a Explosive Vegetation or a Cultivate honestly with the mana problems this deck has.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter he's not bad I'd just find another way to draw cards. Maybe Slate of Ancestry.
- Champion of Lambholt you could use some more lower cmc token producers in place of these. You have a lot of cards that make tokens better early on which doesnt do you any good with no tokens. Maybe Awakening Zone.
Try some of the weird new embalm stuff from amonkhet as well. Can help you recover from boardwipes and utilize your left over doubling seasons etc.
1 month ago
Got a few ideas for you and your partner...Abzan Beastmaster, Inspiring Call, Night Soil, Bojuka Bog + all 3x of the bouncing dual lands like Selesnya Sanctuary for some extra graveyard hate. Happy gathering!
1 month ago
So I'm not too familiar with Pauper format, aside from limited to common only cards, but i have built a token EDH deck that abuses saprolings, so here a few ideas:
~Sporoloth Ancient A bit high at 5CMC but if you can get it out lets the spore counters make a saproling at 2 not three, saving one turn could help.
~Night Soil 2 green for a way to remove a graveyard [not sure if graveyard play is a thing in pauper] and nets a saproling for 1 mana
~Terramorphic Expanse and/or Evolving Wilds Might seem odd in a mono color deck, but using this you can double trigger the 'Landfall' of sporemound. Issue is if you draw them too early it can slow you down
Finally if your willing to spash white: Selesnya Evangel 1 mana and tap her and another creature to make a token, not too bad in my eyes, but the one white to cast could hurt
2 months ago
Night Soil for GY hate and cheap tokens
Gleeful Sabotage can get you two for the price of one (if you got a couple of green creatures that can be tapped)
Vandalblast wipes every artifact but your own
Nature's Claim is cheap and fast
Beast Within is probably the most versatile green removal--anything for three mana
3 months ago
Just some cards that seem to be good in this style of deck that aren't super expensive:
Languish could be good in your deck, and your deck seems to have a number of ways to get your creatures just out of it's range.