Creature — Ooze
When Mitotic Slime is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put two 2/2 green Ooze creature tokens onto the battlefield. They have "When this creature is put into a graveyard, put two 1/1 green Ooze creature tokens onto the battlefield."
|Want (2)||TheGazeboWas , Miehen|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Doubling Season + Goblin Bombardment + Mitotic Slime
- Blasting Station + Mitotic Slime + Splinter Twin
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Mitotic Slime
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mitotic Slime occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Mitotic Slime Discussion
tempestman on tbd
1 month ago
Some suggestions: - Blood Artist - Solemn Simulacrum - Doomed Necromancer - Nether Traitor - Bloodghast - Golgari Thug - Bloodsoaked Champion - Corpse Hauler - Shriekmaw - Grim Haruspex - Sifter of Skulls - Sakura-Tribe Elder - Hooded Hydra - Mitotic Slime - Abyssal Gatekeeper - Hell's Caretaker - Plaguecrafter
1 month ago
While this is a... fine mechanic, which some of you may recognize as Mitotic Slime, it doesn't strike me as anything super cool. Let's move on.
The premise is essentially that with Shadowmoor gone, the races of Lorwyn have essentially collided with their Shadowmoor counterparts, creating a sort of Jekyll and Hyde effect throughout the entire plane. The concept is super cool, and makes for a super cool transformation mechanic. The problem is the trigger...
Unfortunately, that is a problem I don't think I can solve. I though about making the trigger different for every tribe on Lorwyn (it is a tribal set, after all), but then I have several different actions using the same keyword and that undermines the purpose of keywords themselves, creating more confusion than unity. I considered using a coin flip on the end step, but I don't think that would lead to good gameplay.
Is there a trigger yet to be found? I don't know. I sure can't think of it now. But I still like Split being a transform mechanic.
Turn Phases- upkeep, combat, end step, main phases. Of those, it would be kind of cool for something to be one creature on main phase 1 and another on main phase 2.
So that means I want it to be either a combat trigger or a main phase trigger. I think I like it being on the main phase better because potential surprise big things to block can feel quite bad.
So how about this... Split (at the beginning of each main phase on your turn, transform this creature.)
First, let me say that this set will be full of ways to flip creatures and interact with the mercurial power and toughness of the flipping creatures (or permanents, now that I think about it). Now onto the designs.
Creature- Human Wizard
Whenever Cunning Alchemist becomes the target of an instant or sorcery, it gets +3/-1 until end of turn.
I can't believe what I've done... yet I can't resist the call to go back.
Creature- Treefolk Warrior
Creature- Treefolk Warrior
Dellia, Goddess of Beauty
Legendary Creature- God
Whenever Dellia attacks, you may have target creature block it this turn if able.
When Dellia would leave the battlefield, exile it with three time counters on it. Remove one at the beginning of each upkeep. When you remove the last, return Dellia to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Dellia, Robed in Flesh
Legendary Creature- Human God
At the beginning of combat on each turn, you may have up to two target creatures attack or block this turn if able.
When Dellia would leave the battlefield, return it to the battlefield transformed.
5 months ago
multimedia Hi, thanks for your answer and thanks for your help with lands, but I have few questions First, why do u considering to cut Brass's Bounty , I think its fit this deck nicely, it can be a good mana for next turns and/or End game card combined with Revel in Riches , and i really like Butcher of Malakir so i don't think to cut this card, because it's like creature version of Dictate of Erebos Second, thanks for showing that Temur Sabertooth combo :) Third, Half of these cards from Korvold bravler deck, so I considering to change some of them with other cards and ofc lands :D. So I thinking to add - Bolas's Citadel I think it's really fit Korvold - Death Cloud for wiping board - Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest I just found that card and I really like that card, you can make your all token creatures to real deal and you get double counters on Korvold - Sylvan Safekeeper I think this card is a great way to keep Korvold alive - Bloodspore Thrinax I'am not sure for this, but it can be nice played with Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest to create a massive token army And what do you think about these cards : Mitotic Slime , God-Eternal Bontu , Open the Graves
Thanks again for your help! Sorry for bad English (not my native language)
5 months ago
Cards to remove if playing competitive and/or duels:
- Genesis - too slow
- Mitotic Slime - too slow
- Protean Hulk - too slow
- Trostani Discordant - defensive, non-combo
- Tithe Taker - defensive, non-combo
- Woodfall Primus - too slow, too general
- Diabolic Tutor - too slow, too general
- Nightmare Void - too narrow (slow control matches)
- Life from the Loam - too slow (slow control matches)
- Silence - too narrow, anti-control
- Krosan Grip - too narrow, multiplayer emergency tech
- Spear of Heliod - multiplayer tech
- Grave Pact - multiplayer tech
- Mimic Vat - multiplayer tech
- Sorin, Grim Nemesis - multiplayer tech
- Vivien, Champion of the Wilds - multiplayer tech
7 months ago
You could think about cards that give bodies once they die, so not only do you get value from them dying, but you actually upgrade them into a bigger creature once they are gone. Im thinking cards like Blisterpod , Bloodghast , and Doomed Dissenter . Carrier Thrall and Mitotic Slime are also cards similar to this. You seem to have the basic Sac cards in here like Blood Artist , Grim Haruspex , and Falkenrath Noble . Liliana, Dreadhorde General and Pitiless Plunderer are also cards that can get you immense value. If you are going to be saccing creatures, Dictate of Erebos is a must have. Golgari Germination nets you a body for a body, so the creatures that die are kinda still there in a sense.
11 months ago
Two creature-based token makers that strike me as well-suited for commander are Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs and Nacatl War-Pride . Kazuul can either deter your opponents from attacking or give you tokens to block with; any that survive can be sac fodder for Thromak once you're ready to power him out. That the tokens are 3/3 seems relevant as well. War-Pride can give you a very wide attack, and since the tokens aren't exiled until end of turn, they can be devoured second main phase for a giant hellion. While looking at it tonight, I realized that giving extra combat steps with Aggravated Assault should cause each token to make tokens themselves. Further investigation revealed that the tokens would require haste to attack on any additional combat, but that's already worked into the deck anyway. Could be something to try? Sadly, I haven't gotten many games in with my deck, and don't think I've ever gotten to play either card, but they sound awesome to me in theory.
I also really like creatures that replace themselves when they die. Mitotic Slime is particularly awesome at this, as each time it dies it splits (after all, I don't care so much about the decreased p/t, but the increased creature count. More bodies to feed the beast!). I also run Blisterpod (gives an eldrazi token which can sac for mana), Brindle Shoat (gets bigger body upon death), Thragtusk (mm, taste the value!), Strangleroot Geist (comes back so long as it hasn't got a counter), and Wurmcoil Engine (not exactly a budget suggestion, but gives two bodies upon death). If you should go with a goblin subtheme, Mogg War Marshal and Goblin Marshal are possibilities, as well as Tuktuk the Explorer .
1 year ago
Nice write-up! Probably took some good time to type it all down.
I did have to sort your deck on type instead of your custom types to make some sence of it though ;)
I’ve been working on a meren deck with a similar sacrifice idea for a couple of years now, though the plan is a bit different they here I do have some suggestions and tips based on my experience with the archetype.
There are probably some cards here that have been mentioned before or have been tested, so sorry for that.
sac outlets are the bread and butter of these types of deck. You always need one in play or the deck falls short (this is also one of the weak point that you can attack these decks on). Some sac outlets that I haven’t seen mentioned yet:
1) Evolutionary Leap . Except that it’s not a free sac outlet I think one of the best out there!
2) Spawning Pit . One of my favorites, create more tokens from sacing creatures and it’s free to activate. Also it can quite easily go infinite with Doubling Season
3) Attrition . It’s probably mentioned somewhere her and I probably looked over it because everyone knows this.
4) Altar of Dementia . Better in meren then it’s here but still has its uses if you want to go with an infinite combo.
5) Culling Dais . Value
6) Dark Privilege . Protection of commander and outlet in one.
7) Fallen Ideal . Recurring outlet is always nice.
8) Yahenni, Undying Partisan . Indestructible outlet.
9) Helm of Possession . If people are going big.
10) Plagued Rusalka . If people are going wide.
11) Claws of Gix . Can sac any permanent and is the cheapest outlet ever made.
Some utility creatures:
12) Wirewood Herald . This is one of my favorite fun cards in my deck. Your already playing a few good other elves (rec sage, izoni, wood elves, elvish visionary) so I definitely suggest adding this one!
13) Viridian Emissary and Primal Druid are all stars in my deck. Might be useful here over some of the 3 mana ramp creatures?? (Emissary is a bit better because of clamp, and it’s an elf).
14) Golgari Findbroker . Witness #2, also it’s an elf.
15) Sengir Autocrat and Mitotic Slime . These cards give 4 and 7 sacrifices respectively. They are some of the payoff cards that I use. Especially fond of autocrat since it works with savra and skullclamp very well.
16) Reassembling Skeleton . Another one of my payoff cards, and can get nuts of I have a good board. Also there are few ways to go infinite with this one (there is a 4 card combo with this in your deck right now).
17) Savra, Queen of the Golgari . It’s an elf and since it’s a creature its easier to tutor then an enchantment. The life gain is also nice!
And one more random card that doesn’t belong in above categories:
18) Foster . At 4 mana a bit expensive but boy what value this card can give!
Some of the cars you tested and took out I’d like to comment on. I find them very very useful and would probably never cut them in my deck:
19) Fecundity . This card is the best card in my deck, the only time it’s not great is when I’m playing against weenies or people are trading creatures with each other without me having a board presents. I don’t really care if people draw a card if I kill there 6 mana creatures because it still slows them down. What’s so good about this card that It provides us with a great amount of value. This card draws of tokens which is awesome and most of the creatures your running give to sac triggers anyway. In 90% the cases this card will generate more value for us then for other players.
20) Deathreap Ritual . The only reason I’d ever cut this card is the mana cost, which at 4 is a bit expensive. You however stated the reason for excluding this card is the lack of value. I’d like to point out that Morbid doesn’t only trigger at the end of your turn but at the end of EVERY turn. It also triggers when any creature dies, so it doesn’t have to be yours and, like fecundity, it triggers of tokens dying to!! In a four player game this card can give an easy 4 cards a round.
21) Golgari Germination . I like this mostly because I play above mentioned cards which benefit hugely from tokens dying, but even without this it’s a great card rewarding you for any sacrifice and being an enchantment it’s a bit more durable as well.
22) Sakura-Tribe Elder . At two mana and a build in sac outlet this card is a cheap ramp spell that functions at all time and can provide value even if you don’t have a sac outlet in play. But if you have experienced trough testing that you get more value out of a 3 drop ramp creature then it might be different for your deck compared to meren.
Hereby I end my epistle with a last note that if your looking to take out some card I’d look at everything above 4 mana and everything with X in the mana cost. I find I always take out these in the end since I can’t cast them reliably. (5 drops stay when they are very good for the deck though).
1 year ago
So this deck doesn't have almost any really bad cards, but it does have quite a few suboptimal ones. Imma try to explain which and
Butcher of Malakir is almost always worse than Savra, Queen of the Golgari and than Dictate of Erebos. Both of them are much cheaper (mana-wise) and therefore can deal more damage before the opponents gather momentum.
Filth is really just not the best here. Not terrible, but this isn't a beatdown deck. Many of your dudes are always gonna have summoning sickness and the others are gonna just be too smol to deal any real damage.
Gonti, Lord of Luxury is a card that I love and have playtested a lot, but in the 4-mana slot, there are many better things. It's a good card, just not that good.
When you don't want your creatures to be sticking around, +1 counters aren't really a good plan. That makes Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest suboptimal.
Mycoloth never makes it to your upkeep. Trust me.
Priest of the Blood Rite is fine, but there are better payoffs out there for five mana.
Vulturous Zombie is only for opponents' graveyards.
So yeah. That's it. If you want me to propose some cards to include I will, but for now I'll assume one very lengthy comment is enough. Have a nice day, and happy brewing!