|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Return all artifacts target player owns to his or her hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Hurkyl's Recall Discussion
2 days ago
- Expedition Raptor - Effect isn't strong enough for the cost.
- Hunters' Feast - Effect isn't strong enough for the cost, I think there are other options that are recurrable or have some added value on top of the base life-gain.
- Lead by Example - Effect isn't strong enough for the cost
- Shoulder to Shoulder - Even this one isn't strong enough.
- Early Harvest - If this wasn't only basics, this might be an okay card to run, but as it is, this will probably only untap 3-4 lands, while costing you about that much mana.
- Gleam of Authority - Going deep on the +1/+1 counters? There are better cards than this for doing so. See Experimental Kraj, Plaxcaster Frogling, Vigean Graftmage - you could do a whole proliferate + graft deck.
- Library of Leng - I don't know why you'd want this unless you are hard pressed for Trinket Mage targets or worried about discard effects. Either way, I would want to run something a little more versatile.
- Hurkyl's Recall - Same with this. The allure of saving someone's artifacts from a vandalblast (or your own) is compelling, but until that moment arises (once every three or four games?) you got to be in the right place at the right time, with mana open. Too much work.
- Nissa's Judgment - This card works for your deck, but there's plenty better out there for removal.
- Magewright's Stone - This card seems like a bad Voltaic Key which is also a tough add for the deck. You are stuck on the untap shenanigans deck, which has this one split among several concepts instead of devoted entirely to one.
If you want to go deeper on the +1/+1 counters/proliferate mechanic:
- Cultivator of Blades - I'm big on this guy right now, as he buffs all attacking creatures (including your allies')
5 days ago
This deck is missing its key card: Paradox Haze.
Other suggestions are as follows:
Strionic Resonator, Fork, Twincast, and Wild Ricochet.
(Strionic Resonator copies the trigger of "At the beginning of the upkeep".)
As for cutting. That's the area of expertise I am unfortunately horrid. Best of luck!
5 days ago
you might want a sideboard for the 2nd and 3rd games. Some classics include- Tormod's Crypt and Hurkyl's Recall. The sideboard really depends on your meta, but any sideboard is better than no sideboard- unless you just don't show it on tappedout and if so disregard this comment.
1 week ago
Good call and thank you :-) Yeah the deck is way stronger and more consistent than anything else I have tested. I am glad you plan on harvesting some salty tears with it lol. While I have tested the vial smasher version an unhealthy amount of time, this one is fairly untested (mostly because both builds are very similar). I actually cut reality shift in my other deck despite its ability to end the game with engine+scepter simply because Unsubstantiate and Hurkyl's Recall are more versatile and Retract makes the deck more explosive on main phase ad nauseams. Baby jace is another nice option that I have wanted to find room for. He checks alot of boxes and fits thematically so you really can't go wrong including him as once engine is in play he can pretty much end the game on his own. I am not a fan of Bob for this build since he is just draw over time and hes mostly dead weight on the combo turn.
1 week ago
mavoricke: Hey, I just made Cheeri0s myself! The first thing I want to say is you don't need 4x Aetherflux Reservoir. When the deck "goes off", you will draw your entire deck in one turn. Only one Aetherflux is needed. Although Grapeshot is a superior win condition, as it will win you the game for only 1R instead of 4 colorless mana.
Accorder's Shield is another amazing 0 cost equipment you should play, better than Bone Saw and Sigil!
Retract is one of the best cards to run in this deck, due to its extremely cheap mana cost, that lets you draw for all your artifacts again for only 1 blue, it also has antisynergy with Aetherflux though, so I'd probably cut them entirely. If you can't run those, Hurkyl's Recall is another option.
Okay here we go, me and a friend recently put together a deck that I have named Seismic Toad, it actually functions really well.
SCORE: 2 | 61 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
1 week ago
Thanks for all the input! I can only think of one situation where confluence might be better.
If I counter Recall I could still lose to Silence depending on the artifacts I have in play. If I save my counter for Silence, then my Darksteel Citadel's would return to hand. I'd need confluence over Industry for the blue mana.