|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Premium Deck Series: Graveborn (GRV)||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Discard two cards: Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token into play.
|Have (16)||CAPTAINxCOOKIES , GoldGhost012 , metlguy , cklise , karnwithpants , a_murpheus , Forkbeard , , the.beanpole , duff87 , TThors , mziter501 , itheoryz , Kleptozaniac , ShishkyBob , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (20)||meren13 , pphhaazzee , oryandaw , Ariumlegion , Gypsyhatten , Cartridge , TheFlaccidGoomba , Talonisnthavingit , dmage105 , Loading_Error , kovellen , blaze333 , Mudman , kungfurabbi , CK500 , Yoric_The_Skull , Waldeaux , afumblez , Andrirox , regnek|
Zombie Infestation Discussion
1 week ago
Meshuvel - you will not be able to do that. You cannot pay costs in the middle of a spell or ability resolving (except if the spell or ability specifically states you may pay a cost, such as Mana Leak 's payment of ). There is no gap between Varina, Lich Queen 's "draw that many cards" and "discard that many cards" during which you would be able to pay the "Discard two cards" of Zombie Infestation 's activated ability's cost.
1 month ago
Love the concept, this feels so cool!
Some suggestions I think could fit there and make the list even more reliable:
- Phyrexian Reclamation > busted card. In any creature-heavy decklist like yours with some sacrifice strategy, it's a staple.
- Attrition > another busted card. Fine sac outlet.
- Priest of Forgotten Gods > slow card - high rewards. I really like this one alongside both boots and greaves. It's not the best sac outlet ever seen, but it greatly helps with the Aristocrat theme.
- Vindictive Vampire (not updated on Tappedout yet) > another brand new awesome card! It is a better Falkenrath Noble , specially designed for EDH. I expect it to be one of the strongest cards from the new set for EDH, as it doesn't need to set-up your combo in order to become devastating.
- Anger > gives haste to your rats for even more pressure.
- Pack Rat > obviously excellent there.
- Marrow-Gnawer > the classical ''Rat'' Commander. Nice with a haste enabler: it creates Rats token, works like sac outlet... just everything you want.
- Insult / Injury > good to find a lethal, but also acts as a fine removal card. Could be a nice inclusion, according to your preferences though.
- Anvil of Bogardan > an old artifact I like a lot. Not so many plays it, but I feel like it always is a really good card if you want to play with your graveyard a bit. You draw an extra card, discard a Rat, uses some enchantment/ Living Death ability to bring back your bois on the battlefield, etc. Honestly, I see it as a staple.
- The Immortal Sun > Both Liliana and Angrath aren't that good here imo. Liliana works as a pretty 'meh' ramp tool and is barely better than a Thaumatic Compass Flip (which won't fit at all in this decklist). Angrath is more flexible and efficient, but its abilities don't justify its mana-cost. Running Immortal Sun will help you to slow down sometimes your opponents, provides you fine card draw (which is always good), and finally make your rats cheaper as well as stronger.
A bunch of cards that could be destructive powerhouses, but which would demand some interesting take on your deckbuilding:
- Patriarch's Bidding > with (for example) some cards like Secret Salvage + Zombie Infestation , it enables crazy combos. It's better than Living Death for tribal decks, but I would say that you should run both of em.
- Anthem of Rakdos > very slow but oppressive card when you manage to take up board advantage. I would argue that this is better than Havoc Festival in this brew.
- Hazoret's Favor > one of the most shunned cards of Amonketh I think has a lot of potentials to exploit. You could run Combat Celebrant alongside/or Aggravated Assault .
I hope the small list above will give new ideas to explore. Keep on the good work and enjoy brewing!
1 month ago
I'd cut Enclave Cryptologist, the level up creatures are just mana sinks and you don't need a mana sink, instead try Magus of the Bazaar. I'd also cut Call the Bloodline and Sinister Concoction for either Zombie Infestation or Haunted Dead and perhaps try to find a space for Cunning Survivor, Nether Traitor or Grave Scrabbler.
Well that's a few suggestions, hope they help, have fun brewing your deck.
2 months ago
I personally would trade out Dreamstealer for Lich Lord of Unx. I feel dreamstealer eternalize is a bit too steep of a cost for what it does when you can simply just exile it to make a 2/2 zombie token. Call to the Grave, Grimoire of the Dead, Liliana, Death's Majesty, and Zombie Infestation are good considerations also.
2 months ago
Thank you for this response everyone !
Ouroboros_47 I tried to make a selections of cards that have another purpose than just put things into graveyard. This is the reason why i cut Stitcher's Supplier or Corpse Connoisseur. Delirium Skeins and Zombie Infestation seems good but I don't know if I want to throw a half or a third of my hand to fill up my graveyard. I will consider Smallpox and Darkblast. I think Darkblast can easily fill up the graveyard.
bushido_man96 I like your vision of the deck. If Izoni was Sultai... It would be so powerfull. Anyway... I like the idea of trigger multiple times her ability. Conjurer's Closet seems to be a great addition to the deck. It synergizes with all the ETB ability. Same with Temur Sabertooth(triggers Avenger of Zendikar, Fleshbag Marauder effects, Wood Elves effects). And what do you think about Panharmonicon ? And think Tortured Existence and Phyrexian Reclamation can be better engine recursion than "one shot" recursions like Animate Dead or Eternal Witness. And the deck will be more polyvalent.
So what do you think about this cuts ?
2 months ago
3 months ago
4 months ago
The big trick I've found for making mono black kick ass at FNM is to take a wildly diffrent list every week. There are tier 2 variations taking it all the way from aggro to control, and they all need to be sideboarded against differently. When half your opponents mis-sideboard and have half a hand of dead cards, your winrate goes up a lot.
Zombie Infestation occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%