|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice an artifact or creature.
Draw cards equal to the converted mana cost of the sacrificed permanent.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Morbid Curiosity Discussion
2 weeks ago
I'll have to consider Metalwork Colossus.
2 weeks ago
Thanks for checking out my Grim-Grin deck.
Serum Visions looks like a pretty weak card for Commander. Basically you are paying 1 to scry 2 since the draw just replaces the serum visions you cast. Ambition's Cost, Morbid Curiosity, Promise of Power, or Ancient Craving are better for one off card draw.
Hope some of these suggestions are useful. Good Luck!
2 weeks ago
btw, Morbid Curiosity would be my suggestion of choice. On average i draw like 3-4 cards off it. In dire situations in my Marionette Master deck i'd sacrifice Metalwork Colossus to draw 11 cards. Even if i have to discard a few afterward you definitely get whatever card you were looking for, plus in that deck the colossus works towards the Marionette Master win-con when you pull it from the graveyard.
1 month ago
Love it! Will die with rotation though :(
1 month ago
2 months ago
I haven't played Standard in well over a year, but I'll do my best:
- If you're concerned with Approach, more hand disruption might help, as well as more early plays to get some extra damage in. 1-2 copies of Unburden could be useful, and Miasmic Mummy pulls double duty
- Against aggro, more early plays will help. I recommend Miasmic Mummy again since it can block an early creature and pre-emptively stop a future play. I also recommend upping the count of Fatal Push
- Adding more cheap creatures also provides more ammo for Whisper, Blood Liturgist if you decide you want to have another copy of her for more consistency
- Settle the Score doesn't do enough to help your plan to justify how slow it is. Replace it with more copies of Fatal Push and/or Vraska's Contempt
- Gilded Lotus doesn't seem to help your plan at all. I think you'd be much better off replacing them with more Swamps. That will help you hit your land drops more consistently and makes Cabal Stronghold slightly better
- Replace Soul Salvage with Wander in Death as a straight upgrade, just in case you get into a situation where you need some other card more than the normal effect
- Taking out The Eldest Reborn and Duress will weaken your options against Teferi decks and other control decks, so consider that issue before doing it
- Morbid Curiosity and Fortuitous Find don't do anything for you. Take them out of the sideboard
- Is there a specific deck that makes you want to include Dispossess in the board? If not, consider taking it out
5 months ago
Intruder Alarm could combo off or just give you lots of wizard tapping whenever your wizards and tokens enter the battlefield.
Panharmonicon gets more value out of your wizards and lets you make more copies. Cloudstone Curio and Ghostly Flicker lets you reuse your wizards. You could draw a lot of cards by sacrificing copied tokens to Morbid Curiosity.
Timestream Navigator can gain you two extra turns for an initial 7 mana investment.
Stonybrook Banneret helps your costs.
Magus of the Mind probably won't net you much value unless you have opponents playing storm decks.
Lunar Mystic isn't very efficient for drawing cards. You would probably draw more with Kindred Discovery.
Venser's Journal doesn't help you that much for the mana cost.
Body Double, Memory Plunder, and Spelltwine depend too much on what's in graveyards. Reins of Power is also too situational.
Mass bounce effects should work well with this deck since you can tap your wizards for effects before bouncing, and then recast them for more tokens and effects. Devastation Tide, Coastal Breach, Wash Out, Inundate are some good ones.
Once you have enough good spells, Kess, Dissident Mage is worth adding back.
Fireball is inefficient as wincon/removal compared to Comet Storm or Exsanguinate. You could try Magus of the Coffers for extra mana if you want to go down that route. Dualcaster Mage could copy your own or other players' game-winning spells.
6 months ago
Great deck Gregorian_17! I think it's a great deck, but with a couple of improvements it could become overpowered and fantastic. I'll try and playtest this deck a little bit, and get back to you on that.
Right now, you have a lot of advantages for your creatures dying, but I feel that you need more sacrifice outlets. It's hard to find these cards that allow you to sacrifice creatures in standard, but Defiant Salvager is probably good to have at least one of. Morbid Curiosity is also a useful draw card that can help you bring in extra value. Ruthless Knave and Arguel's Blood Fast Flip are really useful to gain life and mana.
Unfortunately, most of the sacrifice cards are red or not in standard, and sometimes both. Either way, I think this deck can be really powerful, although consider splashing some modern cards. If you want any more advice, feedback, or card choice decisions, just contact me on my wall.
Very creative deck, definitely worth an upvote :)