Creature — Goblin Rogue
(1)(Red), Sacrifice a Goblin: Arms Dealer deals 4 damage to target creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Arms Dealer Discussion
4 weeks ago
Thank you for such a long and detail comment! Most of your suggestions I had considered when building this deck. Initially it was meant to be a budget EDH deck for under $100 and that was my early motivation for cutting some of the cards that you suggested. However, before long, my budget deck idea lost out to my excitement for building a really quick Krenko, Mob Boss deck. So, a few of the cards you suggested got forgotten, a few of them didn't fit what I was trying to do with this deck, a few like Lightning Crafter, Moggcatcher and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx I had considered but never given enough attention to realize their value, and in the case of Goblin Recruiter, I already had a copy in my deck.
A few of the cards in my Krenko build are just pet cards that are in here just because I love the cards. The biggest example of this is Raging Goblin. Even though I am through and through a Green Mage in MTG, Raging Goblin is my all-time favorite card. When I first started playing Magic in about 2002, I had a copy and just fell in love with the flavor text (it is the epitome of what Goblins are and should be). And despite the fact that it isn't really EDH worth, I couldn't pass up the chance to put my all-time favorite card in a Tribal Deck.
4 weeks ago
I know this is a more aggro build than mine (by an avg. of 0.14 CMC), but I would still recommend trying to find a slot for Lightning Crafter and Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker. Reason being: they go infinite with Skirk Prospector.
You will need one random goblin, token or not, then you can get all three of them out. When Crafter comes in, he makes you exile a goblin card (because of his champion ability). You will get rid of the random goblin.
After that, you can tap Kiki for his copying ability, luckily he has haste, and you will copy Lightning Crafter. Again, you will have to champion. This time, champion Kiki. Kiki will be removed at this point, but you will be able to tap the copy to deal 3 damage to your opponent(s).
After damage is dealt through the copy, sack the copy to Skirk. This will cause Kiki to be brought back, untapped, and you will be able to use him to copy the original Crafter again! You can copy, remove, damage, sack, and repeat this until everyone and/or everything is dead!
For a (possibly) better explanation, you can look at my Purphoros, Forger of Goblins deck and see if that helps more.
I recommend getting rid of Arms Dealer for Lightning Crafter because they are close in mana, and Dealer has never done enough work for me. It kills creatures (sometimes). That's it. A good chunk of the time my goblins are 5/5s or higher, and I wouldn't want to scrap them anyway! Plus, having to pay to deal the 4 damage to a creature is kind of a slap in the face. That's just my opinion though!
I would put Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker in for Clickslither. Click doesn't contribute to the tribal, despite him having an okay ability. Again, Kiki has a great ability. Other than the infinite damage combo, he can copy Siege-Gang Commander or Beetleback Chief and get a ton of tokens to keep, then double everything with Krenko. Not bad, in my opinion.
I also recommend Moggcatcher (despite this not being a goblin), Goblin Recruiter, Goblin Lackey, Goblin Wizard, and Warren Instigator. Because of these cards, I am able to almost consistently get my infinite combo on turn 6. I don't have to play it that way, but I can if I want to, and that is great! Also, my goblins are usually 5/5s+ because I have Coat of Arms and Door of Destinies. Door is just plain stupid, I love it. Especially with Krenko as commander.
Things I would possibly scrap: First off, almost any non-goblins (other than Moggcatcher, if you choose to add it, and maybe Purph). Secondly, I'd scrap Flamekin Village and Ogre Battledriver for sure. Lastly, there are a ton of things I would say to get rid of, due to me not seeing enough value for them (for either their mana or they don't have a strong enough ability), but I know that some cards have more meaning to their owner than it may have to the deck. That is important and I respect that. So I will not try to bog you down much more!
Anyway, you don't have to take anything I have to say into consideration! I just have a very similar deck, and I looooove messing around with goblin decks! If you have any questions, you can look at my build, or even simply ask me, and I will do anything I can to help!
This is all just food for thought and I hope you like it! Sorry and thank you for read all this!
1 month ago
I guess the plan would be to boost power and run fling, so something like Shared Animosity and a black splash for Auntie's Snitch + Rite of Consumption, perhaps a Soulblast but the mana ramp is tricky. Battle Hymn/Shared Animosity/Soulblast with some more token creation perhaps? Flesh Allergy might even work with Tragic Slip backup. Arms Dealer might find a place, and running snow lands into Skred would give a bit more removal for a pseudo control shell I guess. Siege-Gang Commander could be useful in that case, and a green splash to abuse Cryptolith Rite for more mana? Its a little tricky to hit hard in midrange with goblins. Some haste enabling from Ashling's Prerogative and Mass Hysteria could help. I'd find it tricky to get enough out of that big t4-5 punch to take someone out. Its doable, but would need some tinkering.
3 months ago
+1 from my side! Always got love for old school tribal decks (feel free to check out my Ezuri - Regenerating Leader deck).
As for the cards, i'm not convinced of these yet:
- Frenzied Goblin & Goblin Heelcutter - Idk what you plan on doing with them. As you'd normally swing with your rather unimportant Weenies i don't think you really need them.
- Goblin Dark-Dwellers - Sure, it has targets (11 to be exact, of them Reverberate & Vandalblast don't synergize well) but i think it's too narrow. Not only would you need one of them in your graveyard, you'd still have to pay . Strong card, but not made for this deck.
- Goblin Lackey - Has to connect to do anything and if you don't have him in your hand early in the game that won't happen.
- Goblin Rabblemaster & Goblin Assault - forcing important Lords like Goblin Chieftain & Goblin Warchief to attack for the sake of one more Goblin each turn and another fat Goblin doesn't sound like a must-do deal to me.
- Skirk Drill Sergeant - Your creature count is a little low to make him really great. This way 3/4 times you'd mill yourself and even spend mana on it.
- Spikeshot Elder - Too expensive ability for my taste.
- Bonesplitter, Loxodon Warhammer, Silverskin Armor & Hall of Triumph - Instead of an Equipment "subtheme" i'd simply run more Goblins.
- Dragon Fodder, Empty the Warrens, Goblin Rally, Hordeling Outburst, Krenko's Command - Sure, these accelerate Krenko, Mob Boss, but that's about it. Something like Rings of Brighthearth or Illusionist's Bracers does a better job at that and can be used with other stuff as well.
Some more suggestions:
- Arms Dealer, Lightning Crafter & Tar Pitcher - Better than burn spells in this deck.
- Beetleback Chief, Siege-Gang Commander & Chancellor of the Forge - Moar Goblinz!
- Moggcatcher, Goblin Ringleader & Brass Herald - Fetch some Goblins.
- Goblin Recruiter - If you drop him with something like 5-6 mana available you'll draw 100% value for as long as you want.
- Gempalm Incinerator
- Goblin Chirurgeon - Will make your opponents cringe!
- Goblin King
- Goblin Wizard
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker - The possibilites are endless.
- Legion Loyalist
- Aggravated Assault & Thousand-Year Elixir - Insanely brutal with Krenko!
- Caged Sun
- Coat of Arms
- In the Web of War
- Obelisk of Urd
- Purphoros, God of the Forge
- Quest for the Goblin Lord
- Shared Animosity
- Warstorm Surge
In general up your creature count and reconsider everything that's not a goblin, if you really need it. You got a great basis, with a few adjustments and investment over time this could turn out really nasty.
3 months ago
Krenko, Mob Boss enjoys the following cards:
Purphoros, God of the Forge
Sword of the Paruns (literally anything that untaps him helps lol)
Burn at the Stake
Skirk Fire Marshal
Coat of Arms
Door of Destinies
Mogg War Marshal
Goblin War Strike
And a bunch more. If you're starting in one color and don't want to break the bank, and your playgroup isn't exactly the most competitive around, Krenko is probably a good choice. Add in spells like Ruination and it can make you pretty hard to deal with for greedier decks.
3 months ago
I'll do some testing if this when I have some spare time.
It looks like a really interesting build.
I hear what you're saying about the non-goblin slots.
There are some really good Goblins available in Modern.
I use Rise of the Hobgoblins in my Modern deck and it's amazing.
There's a big list here if you want to check them all out: