Creature — Goblin Rogue
(1)(Red), Sacrifice a Goblin: Arms Dealer deals 4 damage to target creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Arms Dealer Discussion
1 month ago
+1 from my side! Always got love for old school tribal decks (feel free to check out my Ezuri - Regenerating Leader deck).
As for the cards, i'm not convinced of these yet:
- Frenzied Goblin & Goblin Heelcutter - Idk what you plan on doing with them. As you'd normally swing with your rather unimportant Weenies i don't think you really need them.
- Goblin Dark-Dwellers - Sure, it has targets (11 to be exact, of them Reverberate & Vandalblast don't synergize well) but i think it's too narrow. Not only would you need one of them in your graveyard, you'd still have to pay . Strong card, but not made for this deck.
- Goblin Lackey - Has to connect to do anything and if you don't have him in your hand early in the game that won't happen.
- Goblin Rabblemaster & Goblin Assault - forcing important Lords like Goblin Chieftain & Goblin Warchief to attack for the sake of one more Goblin each turn and another fat Goblin doesn't sound like a must-do deal to me.
- Skirk Drill Sergeant - Your creature count is a little low to make him really great. This way 3/4 times you'd mill yourself and even spend mana on it.
- Spikeshot Elder - Too expensive ability for my taste.
- Bonesplitter, Loxodon Warhammer, Silverskin Armor & Hall of Triumph - Instead of an Equipment "subtheme" i'd simply run more Goblins.
- Dragon Fodder, Empty the Warrens, Goblin Rally, Hordeling Outburst, Krenko's Command - Sure, these accelerate Krenko, Mob Boss, but that's about it. Something like Rings of Brighthearth or Illusionist's Bracers does a better job at that and can be used with other stuff as well.
Some more suggestions:
- Arms Dealer, Lightning Crafter & Tar Pitcher - Better than burn spells in this deck.
- Beetleback Chief, Siege-Gang Commander & Chancellor of the Forge - Moar Goblinz!
- Moggcatcher, Goblin Ringleader & Brass Herald - Fetch some Goblins.
- Goblin Recruiter - If you drop him with something like 5-6 mana available you'll draw 100% value for as long as you want.
- Gempalm Incinerator
- Goblin Chirurgeon - Will make your opponents cringe!
- Goblin King
- Goblin Wizard
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker - The possibilites are endless.
- Legion Loyalist
- Aggravated Assault & Thousand-Year Elixir - Insanely brutal with Krenko!
- Caged Sun
- Coat of Arms
- In the Web of War
- Obelisk of Urd
- Purphoros, God of the Forge
- Quest for the Goblin Lord
- Shared Animosity
- Warstorm Surge
In general up your creature count and reconsider everything that's not a goblin, if you really need it. You got a great basis, with a few adjustments and investment over time this could turn out really nasty.
1 month ago
Krenko, Mob Boss enjoys the following cards:
Purphoros, God of the Forge
Sword of the Paruns (literally anything that untaps him helps lol)
Burn at the Stake
Skirk Fire Marshal
Coat of Arms
Door of Destinies
Mogg War Marshal
Goblin War Strike
And a bunch more. If you're starting in one color and don't want to break the bank, and your playgroup isn't exactly the most competitive around, Krenko is probably a good choice. Add in spells like Ruination and it can make you pretty hard to deal with for greedier decks.
1 month ago
I'll do some testing if this when I have some spare time.
It looks like a really interesting build.
I hear what you're saying about the non-goblin slots.
There are some really good Goblins available in Modern.
I use Rise of the Hobgoblins in my Modern deck and it's amazing.
There's a big list here if you want to check them all out: