|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition (MED)||Common|
|Fallen Empires (FEM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Goblin Shaman
Sacrifice a Goblin: Regenerate target creature.
Goblin Chirurgeon Discussion
2 days ago
This looks awesome. Have you considered Accelerate , Boiling Blood , Brute Force , Fall of the Hammer , Panic , Assault Strobe , Howl of the Horde , Renegade Tactics , Darksteel Plate or Goblin Chirurgeon ?
Chirurgeon is great to regen/protect and some of the other draw cards like panic and renegade tactics would be insane for drawing and wouldn't affect you much on your own turn.
1 month ago
Like SamsWrath said above, needs room for the Mox Diamond :P I wouldn't touch the Iso Scepter combo with 10ft pole though.
Dragon Fodder should %100 be Goblin Instigator. Gets you the same number of gobs but its reduceable via Warchief and is tutorable and copyable by Matron/Recruiter and Kiki. Then replace Krenko's Command with Goblin Chirurgeon. That'll lower the deck cmc, adds another combo enabler, and has some value for protecting Krenko.
Thorn of Amethyst might be worth it. Add to maybeboard?
I'd also just pull Hanweir Battlements. Its just so rare that you have Krenko mana + an open red source + this land untapped.
1 month ago
Krenko is hard to tune for cEDH because at his best he's probably still a 2.5-tier commander. I play Krenko as my "fair" deck but, I have given some though into making him faster. One thing I'm 100% sure of is that outside of a turn 1 wheel that has tons of ramp and nets another wheel, I see no way to get a turn 1 win with Krenko. Below are some of the cards I've considered that you don't currently have in your list.
- Add another chance for an extra turn with Warrior's Oath.
- You can take even more extra turns with Isochron Scepter + Final Fortune + Sundial of the Infinite. Add in something to untap an artifact and that would be bonkers!
- Dwarven Ruins is a not-as-good Sandstone Needle but, is still quite capable of helping with a Turn 2 Krenko.
- More 1cmc Goblins will give you more bodies, faster, and you're missing a few really good ones such as: Foundry Street Denizen, Goblin Chirurgeon, Goblin Welder and Legion Loyalist.
- Goblin Instigator is another good 2cmc (1cmc with a reducer) for 2 1/1 Goblins.
- Mass Hysteria is probably the fastest and cheapest way to get haste for ALL of your gobos!
- The more Ramp the better because that's how you're going to drop Krenko Turn 1-2 and multiply your gobos fast! Find room for that Mox Diamond and also consider: Infernal Plunge, Desperate Ritual, Pyretic Ritual, Seething Song and Simian Spirit Guide.
- Draw helps a lot. You might also want to consider: Memory Jar, Reforge the Soul, Scroll Rack and Slate of Ancestry.
- More spell-cost reduction never hurt and in a tribal deck Urza's Incubator and Semblance Anvil could do some work.
- Staff of Domination to untap Krenko!
1 month ago
I'm not sure of your budget, but a few cheaper cards to consider;
Citanul Flute (If the games go on for a while)
Dynacharge (Can actually be a game ender, at instant speed)
Goblin Chirurgeon (Saves half your board most of the time during a normal board wipe)
But one of the best investments would be Legion Loyalist It turns your goblins into first striking, trampling goblins, and who doesn't want that when they're 23/2's?!
3 months ago
Wow! This is pretty darn good for a first attempt. There's a whole lot of Goblin tribal cards out there, it'd take forever to list them all out so here are a "few" suggestions: - Path of Ancestry - Goblin King - Goblin Grenade - Goblin Chieftain - Dragon Fodder - Skirk Prospector - Goblin Bombardment - Throne of the God-Pharaoh - Mogg War Marshal - Goblin Chirurgeon - Last-Ditch Effort - Goblin Wardriver - Goblin Bushwhacker - Skirk Fire Marshal - Goblin Rabblemaster - Shared Animosity - Goblin War Strike - Goblin Piledriver - Goblin Sledder - Legion Loyalist - Grenzo, Havoc Raiser - Goblin Rally - Metallic Mimic - Adaptive Automaton - Goblin Trashmaster - Quest for the Goblin Lord - Eldrazi Monument - Hordeling Outburst - Goblin Offensive ... and a whole lot more that I didn't add because I'm pretty sure this is way more than enough. Take your pick. Good luck with your deck!
7 months ago
I would suggest focusing on having large numbers of low cost Goblins and ones with utility rather than big ones. Battle Squadron, Voracious Dragon, and Berserkers' Onslaught could be cut.
You might cut some of the anthems, or just play more efficient ones. Vanquisher's Banner gives card draw which is really helpful for this deck. Adaptive Automaton is worth a shot as a 2 CMC Goblin lord. Goblin King gives mountainwalk which could be relevant in multiplayer games. The new Goblin Trashmaster is a lord that also provides artifact removal. Ogre Battledriver and In the Web of War give haste and also pump your Goblins, so could replace Hammer of Purphoros.
Mana Echoes could be good to generate mana whenever you make or play Goblins, and also goes infinite with Umbral Mantle or Sword of the Paruns on Krenko if you would include those in your deck. Thornbite Staff can untap Krenko for free whenever a Goblin dies, so it goes infinite with any sac outlet. Ashnod's Altar is another good one.
8 months ago
Cool theme! Here's some suggestions:
- Martyr of Ashes is a shoe-in!
- Krark-Clan Shaman also seems great
- Goblin Chirurgeon is both a great way to be able to pile more damage on a creature AND protection from removal
- Bloodfire Infusion could combines well with equipment for when you need a bigger board wipe
- With all the pingers you already have Needle Drop doesn't look bad
8 months ago
I have a copy of Goblin Chirurgeon and it worked really well in my Krenko, Mob Boss version of the deck. I didn't include it here, Paranoiac, because i wasn't sure it had the same impact: Krenko, Mob Boss is a goblin and that extra protection was really nice, but with Purphoros, God of the Forge already being really resilient i don't see a good use for it.
The thing is: after a couple of games i realised that one really cool aspect of this deck is that it does not care about board presence (most of the time) so board wipes dont affect me so much. I have great utility goblins like Goblin Welder but not many creatures actually worth fighting for it's survivability.
Goblin Chirurgeon occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%