Creature — Goblin Shaman
Sacrifice a Goblin: Regenerate target creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Goblin Chirurgeon Discussion
1 month ago
Hi, Fellow Wort player here. Have you thought about Goblin Pyromancer? To me, he's the Goblin equivalent of Craterhoof Behemoth, meaning that you could eliminate someone with it. There is that unfortunate drawback, but there are ways around it:
If you would champion the Pyromancer or sacrifice it, the drawback won't happen. It has to be in play for it to happen.
If you have Goblin Chirurgeon in play when the drawback goes off, sacrifice the expendables you don't need to regenerate the ones that you do need.
2 months ago
Siege-Gang Commander, Goblin Recruiter, Grenzo, Havoc Raiser, Festering Goblin, Goblin Striker, Battle Squadron, Goblin War Strike, Goblin Piledriver, Wort, Boggart Auntie, Goblin Rabblemaster, Mogg War Marshal, Skirk Prospector, Stingscourger, Goblin Assassin, Goblin Chirurgeon, Goblin Ringleader, Foundry Street Denizen, Beetleback Chief, Brightstone Ritual, Goblin Warchief, Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician are all of the goblins that I have.
2 months ago
I have considered adding the following, in uncertain quantities:
2 months ago
- Quest for Pure Flame (building it up is really easy and busting it makes Purphoros even scarier for a turn)
- Firecat Blitz (cast it the first time to take someone out an flashback it to end the rest of the table)
- Elemental Appeal (9 mana for 14 damage after someone has cleared the board isn't too shabby)
- Grinning Ignus<- please add this ( + to get it started, for each time you want to do it again and you have a neat mana dump for Purphoros)
- Emrakul's Hatcher (nets you 4 creatures and mana refund)
- Skittering Invasion (same idea, with Purphoros out it's a neat 10 damage spell that offers mana refund)
- Orochi Hatchery (dump some mana in it and you are good to go)
- Trading Post for the goats mostly
- Spawning Pit recycling tokens is good for the environment.
- Portcullis locks the battlefield with 2 creatures total (note that it still allows ETBs to happen before exiling the cards, so it basically works as a shell until someone destroys it... and you get the ETBs once more)
Clear a board
- Magmaquake (boardwipe at instant speed... requires a lot of mana, but it shouldn't be too hard)
- Sudden Demise (allows you to get rid of those pesky hexproof shenanigans)
- Boompile (unreliable? Yes. But scary nevertheless. Might stop/slow down people from building up a mighty boardstate)
- Dormant Volcano (neat artwork, nice effect)
- Khalni Gem allows you to replay 2 lands (consider it a 2 mana investment since it costs 4, but gives 2 back immediately)
- Burnished Hart is underrated.
- Choose three: Hedron Archive, Commander's Sphere, Mind Stone, Worn Powerstone, Sol Ring
- Hoarding Dragon (4/4 flying for isn't bad. And if/when it dies you get the treasure)
- Staff of Nin (an old favorite of mine and allows you to ping some damage)
- Avaricious Dragon (just don't cast it when you have a full hand and you should be fine with a 4cmc 4/4 flyer and some extra draw)
- Loreseeker's Stone (drawing 3 for ~ is quite good)
What I don't like/What to cut
- Dragon Mage
- Goblin Chirurgeon (you'd be better off with a
- Goblin Sharpshooter
- Goblin Warchief (cost reduction part is fine, but he isn't all that useful otherwise)
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser (i don't see you dealing with combat damage all that much)
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker is great, really, not indispensable for its price.
- Knollspine Dragon (IMO it's a terrible card for its mana cost and effect... and 4+USD? WTF)
- Magus of the Wheel
- Lightning Crafter
- Warchief Giant (yes, myriad is great, but he's so fragile...)
- Anger of the Gods (great card... in other formats)
- Mana Geyser (temporary mana isn't that good unless you have some place to dump it...)
- Goblin Bombardment isn't good enough
- Possibility Storm (? Is it there just as a disruption tool?)
- Battle Hymn (same thing as mana geyser. Even worse considering it depends on you having at least 3 creatures to generate any mana)
- Seething Song
- Smash to Smithereens (the damage is neglectable IMO. I'd rather go with Smash simply because it draws you a card back)
- Elixir of Immortality (is this even necessary here?)
- Vedalken Orrery also not needed IMO
3 months ago
That will definitely need to reconsidered. I had Goblin Chirurgeon at an earlier point in this deck, but I have been wondering for awhile whether or not Mass Hysteria should go, and if so, what should replace it.
Thanks, man! MaChoRyS
3 months ago
I must agree with Scribeaki.
Goblin Chirurgeon is almost a necessity with goblins, not only for flavour reasons but also because he is great protection against board wipes.
4 months ago
Aagh - I can't believe that I forgot to mention Goblin Chirurgeon. He's saved (half) my goblins from so many board wipes over the years, and I'd definitely recommend him very strongly.
Also... Five-Alarm Fire is, in my opinion, vastly underrated - if your goblins are not blocked then you effectively get double damage (which you can direct at another opponent), and if they are blocked and deal damage you can remove counters to burn surviving creatures or opponents.
Anyway, I promise that is all from me (for now!).
4 months ago
I would also strongly recommend Goblin Chirurgeon, as he lets you sac half your goblins to save the other half from most board sweeps.
You already have Skirk Prospector, who I find to be one of the most vital cards in my own Krenko deck. The sooner you can generate lots of mana, the less likely your commander is to get killed so many times you can't affrd to cast him. With that in mind, I might suggest other mana accelerators such as Treasonous Ogre and Thermopod for red, and Ashnod's Altar and Sol Ring for colourless.
As far as suggestions for things to remove - that's much harder, and depends on how you want to play your deck. But... I would be tempted to replace Forgotten Cave and Smoldering Crater with Sandstone Needle for pseudo ramp (this on turn 1 can = 3 mana on turn 2) and Buried Ruin because there are lots of sweet artifacts in your deck that WILL get blown up - Thornbite Staff is a prime target!
I would also remove the Goblin Rabblemaster because it can really suck to have no control over whether you attack or not, and I feel that his upside is outweighed by the downside.
I could ramble on for ages, but I'll leave it there for now and simply wish you good luck and many, many, many goblins.