As an additional cost to cast Infernal Plunge, sacrifice a creature.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Infernal Plunge Discussion
2 months ago
About 60% of the time I can get emrakul out turn 4 or 5. Possible turn 3 emrakul if the stars align if i have Dragon Fodder Indomitable Creativity and Infernal Plunge in my opening hand. As for token production as long as one doesnt get picked off 2 is all I generally make before emrakul comes out.
5 months ago
An upgraded version of Infernal Plunge
As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice a creature.
Add an amount of equal to the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost. You lose half as much life, rounded up.
Your soul is weak, but an offering I accept nevertheless.
Great card if you have prisons locking down your Commander, if you need the mana and have some giant or cost creature out, as removal on something you took control of, a trigger off of Butcher of Malakir , etc. Also promotes ramp in Black which is arguably hard to find that are exclusive to black, aside from a small handful of cards such as Crypt of Agadeem , Crypt Ghast and Liliana of the Dark Realms
Suppose Liliana never killed her brother, and actually became Dominaria's best healer. Her spark still ignited, but she is mono-white. She can still raise the dead in terms of full resurrection and healing.
Make a mono-white Liliana
5 months ago
I dont see any other way faster.
1 year ago
If you really want to take this deck to the next level then you need all of the fast mana and tutors: Mana Crypt , Mana Vault , Grim Monolith , Mox Diamond , Mox Opal , Chrome Mox , Mox Amber , Talisman of Indulgence , Lotus Petal , Dark Ritual , Cabal Ritual , Pyretic Ritual , Desperate Ritual , Rite of Flame , Culling the Weak , Infernal Plunge , Lake of the Dead , Bubbling Muck , Rain of Filth , Grim Tutor , Imperial Seal , Vampiric Tutor and Diabolic Intent .
Rakdos is also the color combination you need for Worldgorger Dragon + Dance of the Dead , Animate Dead or Necromancy infinite combo. Use Buried Alive or Entomb to pitch one of the Kiki combos or to pitch the dragon and then use one of the enchantments to start the combo. Be sure with Dragon combo to have another creature in the GY or you draw the game with an uninterruptible infinite combo. Other cards that help these combos are Victimize and Final Parting .
1 year ago
1 year ago
Krenko is hard to tune for cEDH because at his best he's probably still a 2.5-tier commander. I play Krenko as my "fair" deck but, I have given some though into making him faster. One thing I'm 100% sure of is that outside of a turn 1 wheel that has tons of ramp and nets another wheel, I see no way to get a turn 1 win with Krenko. Below are some of the cards I've considered that you don't currently have in your list.
- Add another chance for an extra turn with Warrior's Oath.
- You can take even more extra turns with Isochron Scepter + Final Fortune + Sundial of the Infinite. Add in something to untap an artifact and that would be bonkers!
- Dwarven Ruins is a not-as-good Sandstone Needle but, is still quite capable of helping with a Turn 2 Krenko.
- More 1cmc Goblins will give you more bodies, faster, and you're missing a few really good ones such as: Foundry Street Denizen, Goblin Chirurgeon, Goblin Welder and Legion Loyalist.
- Goblin Instigator is another good 2cmc (1cmc with a reducer) for 2 1/1 Goblins.
- Mass Hysteria is probably the fastest and cheapest way to get haste for ALL of your gobos!
- The more Ramp the better because that's how you're going to drop Krenko Turn 1-2 and multiply your gobos fast! Find room for that Mox Diamond and also consider: Infernal Plunge, Desperate Ritual, Pyretic Ritual, Seething Song and Simian Spirit Guide.
- Draw helps a lot. You might also want to consider: Memory Jar, Reforge the Soul, Scroll Rack and Slate of Ancestry.
- More spell-cost reduction never hurt and in a tribal deck Urza's Incubator and Semblance Anvil could do some work.
- Staff of Domination to untap Krenko!
1 year ago
The most brutal way to build a Markov deck is to abuse his Eminence ability by playing as many low-cmc Vampires as possible. If you couple that with mana rocks and some Ramp you can drop a handful of 1cmc Vampires each turn and get free triggers for even more Vampires from Markov! This will also allow you to cut your lands down to around 30.
Here are some low-cmc Vampires to consider:
- Bold Impaler
- Duskborne Skymarcher
- Falkenrath Gorger
- Guul Draz Assassin
- Guul Draz Vampire
- Indulgent Aristocrat
- Insolent Neonate
- Pulse Tracker
- Quag Vampires
- Shadow Alley Denizen
- Skymarcher Aspirant
- Stromkirk Noble
- Vampire Cutthroat
- Vampire Lacerator
- Vampire Neonate
- Vicious Conquistador
- Viscera Seer
- Dark Ritual
- Cabal Ritual
- Culling the Weak
- Bubbling Muck
- Rite of Flame
- Desperate Ritual
- Pyretic Ritual
- Seething Song
- Infernal Plunge
You can also try throwing in these HUGE buff effects for your Vampires:
1 year ago
There is a slightly cheaper and arguably better way to achieve a similar result. Polymorph effects, in this case Indomitable Creativity, the catch is the only four creatures in your deck will be the ones your creatively morphing into. Luckily Dragon Fodder Krenko's Command and Hordeling Outburst exist, they also all make goblins so Goblin Grenade. The last part of the puzzle is Infernal Plunge, which can turn a token into mana. I knocked up a demo deck here -> too easy - demo