Creature — Goblin
Haste (This creature can attack and as soon as it comes under your control.)
Other Goblin creatures you control get +1/+1 and have haste.
|Have (4)||fourcleftcandles , Bluboltar , Forkbeard ,|
|Want (2)||nog135 , Draconaught|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Merfolk vs. Goblins (DDT)||Rare|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Goblin Chieftain occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Goblin Chieftain Discussion
2 months ago
Hey dude thanks for the feedback! i really like Icon of Ancestrywill add it, the goblin digging of it is really neat...Kaervek's Torch is cool cause the extra 2 mana for counter! add it!...i dont like Stoke the Flames cause if goblins arent being sac´d theyll be attacking :S I do realize that Krenko is gonna have a bullseye in his head so i did put some haste givers like Fervor, Swiftfoot Boots,Goblin Bushwhacker, Goblin Chieftain, Goblin Warchief and Reckless Bushwhacker....i didnt add Lightning Greaves cause of the tag price, its a bit high and im trying to make this deck as cheap as possible!
2 months ago
3 months ago
Perk #1: Tons of great combos in this deck.
Perk #2: Every card fits an awesome theme.
Perk #3: There is a lot of low converted mana cost in this deck, which allows you to ramp up really quickly.
Issue #1: You can't have 7 copies of a card - Therefore, you would need to remove 3 copies of Goblin Chieftain.
My Suggested Fix: Add 3 different cards. You could replace the 3 copies of Goblin Chieftain with 2 copies of Foundry Street Denizen and 1 Mountain. Low cost, high value for early game consistency, and better mana consistency in the deck.
Issue #2: There are a lot of high rarity cards in this deck - which means you can only play a certain number of copies of each card. Because there is so many high-rarity creatures, you have a high likelihood to draw dead cards.
My Suggested Fix: Fill in the 3 missing copies of Goblin Chieftain with cards like Burning Inquiry, Knollspine Invocation, or Bag of Holding. That would allow you to discard the useless cards and get some value out of them.
Overall: I rate this deck 4 out of 5. Great theory-crafting, great combos, but there are some fundamental issues with it. Luckily, those issues can easily be fixed.
7 months ago
- Not sure what your budget is but here are cards I would recommend:
- For starts Id get black in your board it helps a lot beacuse: Sling-Gang Lieutenant and Munitions Expert are amazing
- I would put in 1 (max 2) Krenko, Mob Boss when it lands it accelerates hard
- Goblin Ringleader a play set is 1$ and helps the deck a lot.
- Pashalik Mons can help the deck for when your small goblins die, I would run 1
- Goblin Warchief seems amazing
- Goblin Matron lets you find the perfect goblin always
- Goblin Chieftain typically lords (+1/+1 to a creature type) is an auto 4 of. However if you are more mid-range comboy then dont have as many
- Mogg War Marshal the echo seems really bad at first but then you have death triggers which is free damage so its good id have 4
- Goblin Piledriver Gets very big and blue creatures cannot block it, and cannot be targeted by blue bounce spells. (can still be countered though :( )
- Goblin Cratermaker is a goblin that is cheap removal
- Skirk Prospector lets you play big goblins sooner. Can also synergize well with cards being there is the death trigger. You could swing for 10 then sac 10 goblins draining them for 10, which kills them with 10 power on the board.
- Mogg Fanatic is a oldy but goody, Its worth considering 1.
- Tarfire if you want to be memey this technically counts as a goblin (which means you can search for it as if it was a goblin even though its an instant).
- Aether Vial is a big money card but sooooo much fun
- Auntie's Hovel helps your mana base and so does Cavern of Souls id play 4 of each with unlimited money
- Bloodstained Mire is great it filters and can find Blood Crypt I would then run 4 mountains and one swamp. You want to run about 22 lands here no less then 21. Generally for deck construction going below 19 lands is a bad idea (minus a few combo decks, but they run a lot of blue filter cards).
- Blood Moon is a funny card to run
- Goblin Chainwhirler can be fun as well
- If artifacts are a problem then play Goblin Trashmaster
- Black also gets you Earwig Squad
- Another way to build it would be like this: OmniGoblin which is a combo kinda deck
7 months ago
Ok here my Goblin Deck:
Creatures, Goblins, 22:
2 Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin (3 cmc that permanent +1,+1 counter to itself every turn. and when attacks puts out a number of 1/1 goblins equal to uts power), not great by itself, but when its pumped is almost as good as Krenko Mob Boss, but cheaper 3 cmc, FASTER, doesnt TIE up mana like with Mob Boss, so actually better then 4 cmc Mob Boss.
4 Mox Opal
2,3,4 Wooded Foothills
2,3,4 Bloodstained Mire .
The general idea of how tgis deck works is:
Get goblins, creatures out FAST:
Either Kuldotha Rebirth either a Mox Opal, or a Memnite turn 1, or 2 memnites, 1 signal pest, or best ia 1 signal pest, 1, 2 memnites, 3 1/1 goblin tokens from rebirth.
Signal pest, or Wardriver, or Bushwhacker, or Chieftain,or Krenko Kingpin
Turn 3: kingpin, Rabblemaster, Piledriver, Goblin Grwnade
Turn 4: Rabblemaster, Piledriver, Kingpin, Goblin Grenade.
So this gets goblins out fast. Then pumps them up, then Krenko Kingpin, in addition to Kuldotha Rebirth puts out lots goblins that pump up Piledriver, Rabblemaster, STUPIDLY BIG.
So deck goes wide, and stupidly big, and fast, and removes threats, and uses the removal to burn, finiah opponents off.
Also on rare bad draws, can do 15 damage to opponent on turns 3,4 by Goblin Grenade, then Narset Reversal Copy it, for 10 damage then Genade goes back to hand, where I can recast it for 5 more damage for 15 total damage.
This also works great for destroying 10/10, 15/15 tramplers.
So here is a optimal draw, play.
Turn 1: 1,2 Memnites, 2 Mox Opal, use 1 Mox to Rebirth 3 1/1 goblins. 1 signal pest.
Board: 1 Pest, 1,2 Memnites, 3 1/1 goblins, 1 Mox Opal
Turn 2: Chieftain: everything attacks.
Board: 3, 3/2 goblin tokens, 1,2, 2/1 memnites, 1, 3/2 Chieftain. For 16 possible damage.
Turn 3: Kingpin, Pest.
Kingpin: +1 to 1/2 itself. 2/2. +1 +1 from Chieftan, 3/3, +1 from pest. 4/3. Kingpin makes 4, 1/1 goblins that hasted by Chieftain.
7 3/2 goblin tokens.
2, 2/1 memnites
1 3/2 Chieftan
1 4/3 Kingpin
32 max damage possible turn 3.
Turn 4: Piledriver, Wardriver.
Kingpin: +1 to itself, 3/3, +1 +1 from Chief, 4/4, +1 from Pest, 5/4, +1 from pest, 6/4, +1 from Wardriver, 7/4.
Kingpin makes 7, 1/1 goblins hasted, pumped by Chief.
7 + 7 more from kingpin =
14 5/2 goblin tokens, pumped by 2 pest, 1 Wardriver, 1 Chief
1 5/3 Wardriver
1 5/2 chieftain
1 7/4 kingpin
2, 4/1 memnites
2, 2/1 Pest
1 39/3 Piledriver
142 max possible damage turn 4.
8 months ago
now as for this deck itself, i'd heavily recommend cutting Krenko, Mob Boss for Goblin Chieftain , trade Lavastep Raider for Goblin Piledriver , cut 4 mountain for Lightning Bolt , and trade the enchantments and Hordeling Outburst for 4 Krenko's Command and 4 Throne of the God-Pharaoh
8 months ago
My goblins usually tap em out by turn 4, Foundry Street Denizen is a champ especially with Goblin Piledriver . Goblin Chieftain helps get Krenko, Mob Boss for t4 goblin cranks, I back mine up with Lightning Bolt + Flame Slash + Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle .
Mob boss is great, but I usually get Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin out and working a turn sooner.
Embercleave is a good add too if your looking for more umph.
9 months ago
a general rule of thumb i follow for lands is that if everything costs 3 or less, 20 lands is fine. if i'm using cmc 4 cards, i run 24 lands. if i'm using anything that costs 5 or more, i use 24 lands plus ramp.
i don't see any real removal in the deck, and thats going to be crucial if you want to live long enough to cast spells with cmc 5 or higher. Path to Exile is pretty much your best option in GW.
too few of your creatures actually have the "elephant" creature type to actually call this an elephant deck.
when building a tribal deck, you need cares that actually care about creature type. otherwise you could be running the same strategy more effectively using other creatures. usually these cards come in the form of "lords" like Elvish Champion or Goblin Chieftain , but it could also be something like Commune with Dinosaurs . your deck doesn't really have anything like this, so i'd recommend Metallic Mimic and Adaptive Automaton .