|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins (EVG)||Uncommon|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
|Portal Second Age (P02)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Goblin
When Goblin Matron enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a Goblin card, reveal that card, put it into your hand, thenshuffle your library.
Goblin Matron Discussion
2 weeks ago
- Not sure what your budget is but here are cards I would recommend:
- For starts Id get black in your board it helps a lot beacuse: Sling-Gang Lieutenant and Munitions Expert are amazing
- I would put in 1 (max 2) Krenko, Mob Boss when it lands it accelerates hard
- Goblin Ringleader a play set is 1$ and helps the deck a lot.
- Pashalik Mons can help the deck for when your small goblins die, I would run 1
- Goblin Warchief seems amazing
- Goblin Matron lets you find the perfect goblin always
- Goblin Chieftain typically lords (+1/+1 to a creature type) is an auto 4 of. However if you are more mid-range comboy then dont have as many
- Mogg War Marshal the echo seems really bad at first but then you have death triggers which is free damage so its good id have 4
- Goblin Piledriver Gets very big and blue creatures cannot block it, and cannot be targeted by blue bounce spells. (can still be countered though :( )
- Goblin Cratermaker is a goblin that is cheap removal
- Skirk Prospector lets you play big goblins sooner. Can also synergize well with cards being there is the death trigger. You could swing for 10 then sac 10 goblins draining them for 10, which kills them with 10 power on the board.
- Mogg Fanatic is a oldy but goody, Its worth considering 1.
- Tarfire if you want to be memey this technically counts as a goblin (which means you can search for it as if it was a goblin even though its an instant).
- Aether Vial is a big money card but sooooo much fun
- Auntie's Hovel helps your mana base and so does Cavern of Souls id play 4 of each with unlimited money
- Bloodstained Mire is great it filters and can find Blood Crypt I would then run 4 mountains and one swamp. You want to run about 22 lands here no less then 21. Generally for deck construction going below 19 lands is a bad idea (minus a few combo decks, but they run a lot of blue filter cards).
- Blood Moon is a funny card to run
- Goblin Chainwhirler can be fun as well
- If artifacts are a problem then play Goblin Trashmaster
- Black also gets you Earwig Squad
- Another way to build it would be like this: OmniGoblin which is a combo kinda deck
2 weeks ago
The following cards are out: Contagion Clasp - Proliferate is nice, but it doesn't perform at all when it hits the field. Return to Nature - played dozens of games. Keeps sitting in my hand with nothing to do. Fairgrounds Trumpeter - its ok, but I only ever got it to play once. Gruul Spellbreaker - Sure, it's hexproof and has riot, but it's just a early mid game blocker is all. Hunter's Prowess - never played it. Escape to the Wilds - on paper it's powerful, in practice it makes me lose the game. Return of the Wildspeaker - Just doesn't do much. Nissa, Voice of Zendikar - looked great, but really is not that great. Longshot Squad - Might be situation-ally good, but I never played it really. Rishkar, Peema Renegade - It's just really not doing anything for me so it's getting put onto the maybe list.
Cards ADDED to the list Birthing Pod Mycoloth Talisman of Impulse Goblin Matron Champion of Lambholt Krenko's Command Goblin Sharpshooter Thermopod Mwonvuli Beast Tracker - THE ONLY human in this deck...lol. Dark-Dweller Oracle
3 weeks ago
Is the first time i see an edh deck with the commandant being the Generous Fluefaced Goblin. There are some siggestions
Goblin Matron : To tutor some pieces of your engines.
Thermopod : is an option as a sacrifice outlet, that also can generate some mana.
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker : Another solid tutor to search combo pieces.
Dark-Dweller Oracle : Another sac outlet that you can use to get card-advantage.
Mycoloth : Thanks to the counters that it can have, plus the counters of Grumgully and the other friends, you will have a swarm in your table with this!
Goblin Sharpshooter : I think that in this deck can be a good finisher, or at least your opponents will fear you :)
Birthing Pod : This is a good card, but if you have a creture with persist and Grumgully this becomes really absurd.
I hope that this helped you.
3 weeks ago
Mindcrime88 I'm glad to hear that! Yes I haven't kept this as up to date as I should, I'm not on tappedout as much anymore. Goblin Matron is a wonderful card, as well as Goblin Warchief too which are both now modern legal. I'll do a quick update of what I think this deck should look like now, while still having the crazy damage able to happen.
1 month ago
Second goblin-token deck I've seen for Casual recently, so I'll toss you the same suggestions I did there (though Goblins have so many options that it's quite subjective)
Thoughts to Consider:
Goblin Matron is/was a staple in my old Goblin builds since she can snag your legendary creature(s) for you.
Goblin War Strike makes for a good finisher once you've spammed out a good number of Goblin Tokens.
Not sure how much mana is an issue for you, but you've got some decently high-mana sorcery cards in this deck, so you may want to consider Skirk Prospector . He's an awfully good way to generate mana with Goblins, especially Token Goblins.
Hope this helps with some tweaking for you, but Either way: Nice build! +1 (goblins are near and dear to my heart as well, especially being an old-school player)
1 month ago
I love a good Goblin deck, and the Pauper format reminds me of play back when I started so many, many years ago. +1
Goblin Matron is/was a staple in my old Goblin builds, and she's Pauper-legal according to:
Also Goblin Instigator could be useful for a cheap token that you can use for one of your 2 or 3 'Sacrifice a Goblin' outlets I see. He's like a half-power Mogg War Marshal that I see you're already running.
Not sure how much mana is an issue for you, but along the same lines as the token-creation thing, Skirk Prospector is an awfully good way to generate mana with Goblins. I see a lot of quick-mana plays, a little card draw and some constant mana generation and you could really speed through your library and unleash a swarm in a hurry.
Either way, nice build!
1 month ago
Maybe it wouldn't be as good as other goblins (like if it's between that and Goblin Matron or Warren Instigator , it wouldn't be a good switch in. But otherwise, it's a solid card for a 1 drop in a goblin based deck.
1 month ago
In addition to what said, another thing that is mildly relevant is that Goblin Matron , Goblin Recruiter , and Boggart Harbinger can all tutor Boggart Birth Rite , and it is relevant to Sensation Gorger , Auntie's Hovel , and Goblin Ringleader .
A bit of redundancy is pretty good.
Goblin Matron occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%