Creature — Goblin
When Goblin Matron enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a Goblin card, reveal that card, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
|Want (2)||Kommissar , Grenchorne|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Uncommon|
|Mystery Booster: Convention Edition (MYSCON)||Uncommon|
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks Anthology (DD3)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins (EVG)||Uncommon|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
|Portal Second Age (P02)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Goblin Matron occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Goblin Matron Discussion
1 week ago
Nice list! You might like these: Tome of Legends, Phyrexian Altar, Shivan Harvest, Dark-Dweller Oracle, Panharmonicon, Aetherworks Marvel, Heirloom Blade, Locket of Yesterdays, Treasonous Ogre, Hissing Iguanar, Lightning Coils, Goblin Matron, Bottled Cloister, Neheb, the Eternal, Thornbite Staff, Coveted Jewel (for welder shenanigans)
1 month ago
Goblin sub theme mixed in? Seems a bit slow but I like the idea. I would suggest more tutors than to get the combo pieces out faster as well as Goblin Matron to pull out the specific goblin ya need for the combo pieces.
1 month ago
Splinter Twin vombo with kiki game breaker
Faithless Looting filter dead cards
1 month ago
To remove: Aggressive Mammoth, Byway Courier Chittering Witch, Footlight Fiend,Gluttonous Troll,Gruul Spellbreaker, Judith, the Scourge Diva,Keeper of Fables, Ogre Siegebreaker, Primordial Wurm, Rapacious Dragon, Rubblebelt Rioters, Sengir Vampire, Spark Reaper, Sphinx of the Guildpact, Spikewheel Acrobat, Vindictive Vampire, Woodland Champion, Zhur-Taa Goblin
To add: Eternal Witness,Squee, the Immortal,Zulaport Cutthroat, Vexing Shusher, Goblin Matron, Munitions Expert, Krenko, Mob Boss, Warteye Witch, Sling-Gang Lieutenant, Goblin Trashmaster, Putrid Goblin, Dockside Extortionist, Arasta of the Endless Web, Creakwood Liege,Dragonlair Spider, Viscera Seer, Ayara, First of Locthwain, Pitiless Plunderer, Poison-Tip Archer, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Deathrite Shaman
1 month ago
I also still feel like you should continue to consider Chandra, Torch of Defiance. It does so much work. I basically never use the card draw, but find the ramp and removal quite effective, and find that it tends to eat removal because players are overly scared of it.
3 months ago
- Warren Instigator >> Dockside Extortionist
- Mountain >> Castle Embereth
- Goblin Chirurgeon >> Skirk Prospector
- Goblin Dark-Dwellers >> Pashalik Mons
- Caterwauling Boggart >> Goblin Trashmaster
- Battle Squadron >> Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin
- Zealous Conscripts >> Goblin Matron
- Mogg Raider >> Goblin Instigator
- Burn at the Stake >> Impact Tremors
4 months ago
- Not sure what your budget is but here are cards I would recommend:
- For starts Id get black in your board it helps a lot beacuse: Sling-Gang Lieutenant and Munitions Expert are amazing
- I would put in 1 (max 2) Krenko, Mob Boss when it lands it accelerates hard
- Goblin Ringleader a play set is 1$ and helps the deck a lot.
- Pashalik Mons can help the deck for when your small goblins die, I would run 1
- Goblin Warchief seems amazing
- Goblin Matron lets you find the perfect goblin always
- Goblin Chieftain typically lords (+1/+1 to a creature type) is an auto 4 of. However if you are more mid-range comboy then dont have as many
- Mogg War Marshal the echo seems really bad at first but then you have death triggers which is free damage so its good id have 4
- Goblin Piledriver Gets very big and blue creatures cannot block it, and cannot be targeted by blue bounce spells. (can still be countered though :( )
- Goblin Cratermaker is a goblin that is cheap removal
- Skirk Prospector lets you play big goblins sooner. Can also synergize well with cards being there is the death trigger. You could swing for 10 then sac 10 goblins draining them for 10, which kills them with 10 power on the board.
- Mogg Fanatic is a oldy but goody, Its worth considering 1.
- Tarfire if you want to be memey this technically counts as a goblin (which means you can search for it as if it was a goblin even though its an instant).
- Aether Vial is a big money card but sooooo much fun
- Auntie's Hovel helps your mana base and so does Cavern of Souls id play 4 of each with unlimited money
- Bloodstained Mire is great it filters and can find Blood Crypt I would then run 4 mountains and one swamp. You want to run about 22 lands here no less then 21. Generally for deck construction going below 19 lands is a bad idea (minus a few combo decks, but they run a lot of blue filter cards).
- Blood Moon is a funny card to run
- Goblin Chainwhirler can be fun as well
- If artifacts are a problem then play Goblin Trashmaster
- Black also gets you Earwig Squad
- Another way to build it would be like this: OmniGoblin which is a combo kinda deck
4 months ago
The following cards are out: Contagion Clasp - Proliferate is nice, but it doesn't perform at all when it hits the field. Return to Nature - played dozens of games. Keeps sitting in my hand with nothing to do. Fairgrounds Trumpeter - its ok, but I only ever got it to play once. Gruul Spellbreaker - Sure, it's hexproof and has riot, but it's just a early mid game blocker is all. Hunter's Prowess - never played it. Escape to the Wilds - on paper it's powerful, in practice it makes me lose the game. Return of the Wildspeaker - Just doesn't do much. Nissa, Voice of Zendikar - looked great, but really is not that great. Longshot Squad - Might be situation-ally good, but I never played it really. Rishkar, Peema Renegade - It's just really not doing anything for me so it's getting put onto the maybe list.
Cards ADDED to the list Birthing Pod Mycoloth Talisman of Impulse Goblin Matron Champion of Lambholt Krenko's Command Goblin Sharpshooter Thermopod Mwonvuli Beast Tracker - THE ONLY human in this deck...lol. Dark-Dweller Oracle