|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Put a storage counter on Dreadship Reef.
, Remove X storage counters from Dreadship Reef: Add X mana in any combination of and/or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||thekingpinBR , xXThormentXx , bakunet , angesoir , killstars , sonnet666 , Reliva , Hakira , pskinn01 , rakdos24 , Jauntu , Dimarx|
Dreadship Reef Discussion
1 week ago
You can also Morph/Exile Hivemind for four or less mana depending how many colours you want to use. Cloudform can also give hexproof until the next turn when you flip it. Essence Flux is one of many that can do the flipping.
3 weeks ago
Also, I doubt that this could be an option but I know an interesting card that can synergise well with this deck.
This Momentary Blink can actually be a counterspell through Torrential Gearhulk, if you choose Unwind or Rewind, it actually untaps more lands than you've used. That's very helpful to cast a full powered Sphinx's Revelation at your opponent's endphase.
I'm new here so let me just relink you correctly my decklist :
Things I added :
Wrexial, the Risen Deep (not very strong but cool card)
2 months ago
Hi! Seems an ibnteresting approach to the Scarab God, though I think you are trying to do too many things at once with this deck.In particular, I think that the mill subtheme you got going on here is a bit too random to really be any good. You could instead consider adding more zombie tribal love (whatever you prefer).On the other hand you have a pretty respectable tutor theme, which in decks whit access to black is always nice.Since you have an expedition map mainboard, I'd consider a future upgrade with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Filth... it makes up for a pretty devastating combo of unblockable creatures. While talking lands, consider just flat out removing Dreadship Reef, storage lands are just bad :/I'm dubious about Paradox Haze: it's really strong with your commander's triggered ability, though could also end up killing you if you got your Graveborn Muse out on the field. If you think it's worth, keep it.
I'd consider adding some sacrifice outlet, like Ashnod's Altar, for those are always useful, especially with tribes like zombies, and also cards with repeatable effects for card draw, like Vampiric Rites.Your strongest ability is your commander's triggered ability, so i'd try to consider adding cards that produce A LOT of zombies, in order to close out games even more reliably.
Apart from this, a Scarab God deck is always going to be fun, this is just my opinion!
3 months ago
These are untapped:
3 months ago
Welcome back to Magic!
out meteor crater - I think your mana is good enough that you don't need this type of card. Don't want to turn board wipes into land destruction as well
dromar's cavern - sets you back a land for fixing. I think your deck with dual lands doesn't need this type of card
I think ajani's pridemate and serene steward won't be strong enough in commander
gwafa hazid, profiteer isn't great. you give your opponents cards, then they kill your gwafa and attack you. weak sauce
abzan battle priest could be upgraded i think. True Conviction gives all your creatures lifelink (and doublestrike)
Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur is another praetor that's very good
5 months ago
Lands and Mana
First off, I don't recommend going above 37. Your curve is currently under 3.0, so you could go as low as 35, but start with 37.
Second, basics are always a great alternative. using the top right pie chart, mapping 37 basics to the color distribution of your nonlands isn't terrible. If I advocate cutting something but you don't like/can't get what I recommend, I'd say basics are better.
- Bottomless Pit
- Dwarven Hold
- Sunscorched Desert
- Sand Silos
- Mountain Valley (can only fetch a mountain, so worse than a basic Mountain
- Irrigated farmland (lol)
I like basics more than the above. They either slow, don't do enough, etc.
Look to add:
- Friendly Lands: Dragonskull Summit, Drowned Catacomb, and Sulfur Falls. When running a lot of basics and duals, these always come into play untapped.
- Tango Lands: Sunken Hollow and Smoldering Marsh. These also should come into play untapped, and have basic land types, which are useful over time.
- Amonkhet cyclers: Canyon Slough and Fetid Pools. Cycling is great when you have enough mana and topdeck this, but all color-producing cycling lands come into play tapped. These are dual color and have basic lands types, so they're better than stuff like Polluted Mire, but it might be good to run the mono-color stuff, too.
- Storage Lands: Dreadship Reef and Molten Slagheap. These are categorically better than what you run, and are decent when you're out of use for open mana.
- Higher budget things, like fetches and shocklands: Steam Vents, Blood Crypt, and Watery Grave. On-color fetches are the most important, then off color and shocks are equally important. Once you get fetches, stuff like the Tango lands and cycling lands with basic lands types are a lot better.
Get all artifacts that product colored mana that cost 2 to cast. Signets, talismans, diamonds, etc., are great way to get out of the gate faster and let you run a lower land count. 37 land and Sol Ring is good, 37 lands and 6 mana stones is far better. In your colors, you'll be able to discard them off for better things in the late game.
There's always more, but I'd start here.
7 months ago
This is an awesome deck, I love the theme. Plus 1 from me. Seven Wastes seems unnecessary though. You aren't using any of the (only two) cards that actually care about Wastes. If nothing else, I'd fill some of those slots with budget lands that come in untapped and also produce colorless mana, but have an extra usage if needed. Rogue's Passage is one I highly recommend. Additionally, Shimmering Grotto, Unknown Shores, Dreadship Reef, Crystal Vein, Ghost Quarter, Corrupted Crossroads, Opal Palace, Survivors' Encampment, Crumbling Vestige to name a few.
7 months ago
What's with Rootwater Depths lol, haven't seen those lands since like ever. There are lots of newer better alternatives you know:
- Watery Grave
- Sunken Hollow
- Underground River
- Tainted Isle
- Sunken Ruins
- Darkwater Catacombs
- Command Tower
In order to get the most of Scarab, I think you should take these cards into account:
- Training Grounds to steal creatures cheaper.
- Heartstone strictly worse, but still helps.
- Illusionist's Bracers to steal more.
- Paradox Haze to double the life loss of your opponents.
- Strionic Resonator see above.