Creature — Shapeshifter
Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)
(2)(Blue): Target Shapeshifter becomes a copy of target creature until your next turn.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Shapesharer occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
2 months ago
I was playing around with a giant list a little while ago, and the conclusion that I came to is that Jeskai Giants (Jeskai Jiants?) led by Ruhan of the Fomori is the best build, since you can use on-board tricks like Shapesharer , Vesuvan Shapeshifter , Renegade Doppelganger , Artisan of Forms , Arcane Artisan , Cryptoplasm , and Call to the Kindred along with copy effects like Quasiduplicate to skip over playing a bunch of mediocre Giants, instead copying the good 6+ mana ones the turn they come down. The nuts is copying an Arcane Artisan , and have it become your insane giant in response.
5 months ago
Some changelings you may want to consider are Amoeboid Changeling to turn your other creatures into ninja, Birthing Boughs for later game changeling army, Graveshifter to bring back important cards, Shapesharer to become your best ninja, Universal Automaton for cheapness, Venomous Changeling to force someone to either kill a creature that can do 3 damage to it or trigger your commander effect while being a good chumpblocker, and Wings of Velis Vel , which can turn an attacker into a ninja, a nice suprise attack if you will.
7 months ago
Yeah, so I'm thinking with Higure, the Still Wind and all the card draw you have, you might be better running a small toolbox of 1-of ninjas for Higure to fetch out as the situation calls for them. I mean, you don't need Throat Slitter in every match, so 1-of might be appropriate with all the fetch and draw, as would Mistblade Shinobi and Shapesharer .
I know one of the staples of Modern Ninjas were Spellstutter Sprite , Snapcaster Mage and Faerie Miscreant with their powerful etb abilities. Of those, I could see Spellstutter Sprite having nice synergy in a deck like this, as most of your cards are both faeries and ninja.
7 months ago
Maybe this deck is worth a revisit?
7 months ago
Recently more edh videos on Youtube have emerged regarding The First Sliver , however they have not come very close to a victory. Infact, most games I've watched see the deck being the first to be killed. I don't believe that will happen in the case of this deck, being much faster. The decks on Youtube play much more non-creature spells and low cmc non-slivers which end the cascade chain. I personally enjoy my more sliver-centric, pseudo-power build.
In my opinion, if you want to play The First Sliver you might as well be abusing the cascade ability, otherwise other sliver commanders, such as Sliver Overlord or even Morophon, the Boundless are much better. We're not playing The First Sliver to go slow. I've had wins in my semi-competitive meta with this deck, purely because of the sheer overwhelming nature of the deck.
In saying this, I am currently experimenting with these cards:
- Maelstrom Nexus (see comment #8)
- Living End (see comment #8)
- Wheel of Fate (to cascade into for free and refill the hand)
- Memorial to Folly (recursion that won't be accidentally hit)
- Mortuary Mire (recursion that won't be accidentally hit)
- Strip Mine (to stop Maze of Ith effects)
- Diffusion Sliver (see guide)
- Mirari's Wake (see guide)
- Blasphemous Act + Spiteful Sliver Combo (see guide)
- and tutors or potentially more ways to stack the top of our library for consistent cascades (e.g. Sensei's Divining Top , Sylvan Library and Scroll Rack )
- as well as ramp/rocks to ensure consistency as well as enough mana in the late game
Some weaker slivers I MIGHT get rid of:
- Mesmeric Sliver (although it can screw with an opponents deck, it doesn't do much for the board or the opponents hand; in a pinch it can be not so good)
- Lavabelly Sliver (with Purphoros, God of the Forge it can do wonders. Without, one damage and one life per sliver is quite lack lustre, especially when you already have lords to pump +1/1, equaling to one damage PER TURN)
- Shapesharer (3 mana is actually quite expensive to activate an ability in this deck. And the ability of Shapesharer only lasts until your next turn. Very few situations have I found its copy ability to be useful in the deck, at best copying a small pump ability. Even when copying the opponents creatures, I have found very few relevant ones. Perhaps the right situations haven't come up yet, so I'm still placing hopes on this card)
Due to the amount of cards I need to move around and test (as you can see above), the next update might be in a while. I want to do a big update soon, providing as accurate information as possible on how these cards do. Hopefully, if you're interested, you can test with me and provide suggestions!
7 months ago
8 months ago
Frank_Glascock thanks! the decks still going through revisions especially with the new drops in modern horizons. Sakashima the Impostor and Spark Double I think would be really good adds to the deck and would replace the Shapesharer im currently running cause I don't have the other two.
Misdirection hasn't really ever been in the deck as my playgroup doesn't run many single target spells that make it worth running so I just ran force of will instead and will be adding Force of Negation when that drops.
As for card draw/card selection it really depends on how your build of yuriko is, if it's more of an aggressive build like I'm going for I prefer my card draw to come in the form of creatures like Baleful Strix , Thalakos Seer , Nightveil Sprite and Augury Owl . If you're running a bit of a more midrange build or prefer a more consistent source of draw then I think Rhystic Study would be the best addition.
8 months ago
Hey there, love The Reaper King. I never made the deck myself but i had a friend in my meta who had it for a few years. It was formidable late game but he got bored eventually since there lacked enough interesting scarecrows. But now I think with the amount of shapeshifters/changelings out there the deck can be very fun, and it already looks like you have more than a solid start going on already.
Taurean Mauler , Mirror Entity , Amoeboid Changeling , Changeling Berserker , Changeling Hero , Cairn Wanderer , Crib Swap , and Shapesharer are the best of the changelings you have to pick from. Definitey no need to use them all but a few can definitely replace some of the weaker scarecrows like Wicker Warcrawler .
Crystal Quarry seems like a cute land to run.
I know scarecrows lean artifact but what are your thoughts on Prismatic Omen or Chromatic Lantern ? There is also Blinkmoth Urn for mana generation in artifacts. Krark-Clan Ironworks as an artifact sac outlet that also generates mana.
Oh and another thing about not enough good scarecrows to pick from... Arcane Adaptation is something to think about because you can even then play around with the idea of throwing in 2-3 absolute bombs like Vorinclex or Ulamog that would then become scarecrows.
Again, sweet deck ;) Let me know if any of that helps!