Creature — Sliver
All Slivers have "Sacrifice this permanent: You gain 3 life."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Darkheart Sliver Discussion
6 days ago
I saw you were looking at that 2 year old TCC list, so I thought I'd give a comment directly to you since you're looking to build Sliver Overlord. To preface: I've player Overlord for 3 years in a fairly competitive meta, which is why I'm basically combo Overlord at this point. I've got a few pointers you might be able to use, though, so I thought I'd just leave them.
First, my creature choice and combo lines are explained on my deck, here: Za Warudo! (Sliver Overlord Aggro). If you care about that kind of thing, you can look at that, but I won't be explaining how the combos work since I went into better detail in the description there.
Thing the first: Mesmeric Sliver isn't worth its cost. Sometimes you can stop your opponent from getting something that will hurt you- but the better your opponent's decks are, the higher the odds of them getting something equally as bad or worse (IE, your opponents need to run bad cards in order for Mesmeric to really be that beneficial). I'd recommend removing it for a different Sliver.
Darkheart Sliver seems a little better than Victual Sliver as a sac outlet because it has no mana requirement on the sacrifice. Gain 1 less life for 2 less mana sounds much better, to me.
Card suggestions:Synapse Sliver is a great way to receive a full grip from finishing off an opponent. Highly recommended.
Diffusion Sliver is a nice little defensive Sliver that I think you'd enjoy.
Horned Sliver is reasonably cost and gives your army trample, which can be very handy.
Frenetic Sliver is one that took a while to win me over, but if you're facing down a Merciless Eviction on the stack, a 50% chance to keep your army doesn't sound so bad, honestly. Either way, you tend to win out since your creatures being binned, rather than in the exile zone, is better for a Patriarch's Bidding.
For card draw, Rhystic Study isn't bad. Seedborn Muse is ridiculous with Sliver Overlord: You get to untap your lands, tutor Quick Sliver, and then remind everyone in your play group why Prophet of Kruphix was banned.
Cryptolith Rite is perfectly reasonable to run as it gives you 3 copies of the most vital creatures in the deck for establishing board presence. Chromatic Lantern is going to be a necessity on a budget mana base. Burgeoning is extremely good ramp, and can take the sting out of ETB tapped lands, if you run them, since you'll untap with so much more mana at your disposal. Mana Echoes is absurd, even without Sliver Queen.
The best cards for Sliver Overlord would be Intruder Alarm and Paradox Engine, since they allow you to pull all of your Slivers out of your library, should you so choose, and easily finish an opponent off with Psionic Sliver during the untaps. I explain this synergy in my deck's description, but Overlord + 4 Slivers, one of which must be Gemhide/Manaweft = Grab all the Slivers you want.
Hope this helps. I can offer mana base recommendations, too, but it'd probably be easier to wait until you show what you have.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Heya, this deck looks pretty sweet overall. I haven't personally played Slivers in EDH, but I have in Pauper and a little in Modern. I'm pretty sure that Frenetic Sliver would be quite good here. The card looks bad, as it has a chance to sacrifice the creature, but keep in mind you'd only use the ability if a sliver's getting targeted with removal anyway. It basically makes half your opponent's removal spells just completely fizzle. Telekinetic Sliver and Darkheart Sliver are both pretty sweet as well. Maybe consider getting rid of some of the redundant slivers for those?
2 weeks ago
You definitely want to be running 4x Aether Vial here. Sliver Hivelord is sweet as a one/two-of, but Sliver Legion, not so much for modern. You also want to be running quite a few more lands with those 4 and 5 drops you are playing. I'd recommend some Mutavaults highly. Striking Sliver is mediocre, as is Sentinel Sliver and Venom Sliver. I'd cut down one/two-ofs of those guys, as you also don't want to have too many of them.
Slivers you should definitely run: Sedge Sliver, Diffusion Sliver, Darkheart Sliver. Sedge provides you with another lord and regenerates your slivers. You definitely want a 4 of him, along with a few shocks and fetches mainboard to get swamps. Diffusion Sliver is great vs removal, which almost every modern deck will have, and makes all your dudes significantly harder to deal with. Darkheart Sliver is good for the burn matchup, but you don't want to run too many mainboard, probably just 2.
4 weeks ago
A few initial thoughts:
- I'm a bit unclear on why you're running Darkheart Sliver--is there a synergy there that I'm not seeing?
- Why omit Mox Diamond and Grim Monolith? Running the mana-positive rocks seems like it furthers your game plan in a pretty real way.
- In much the same way that Vampiric Tutor is good, Imperial Seal is good. I'm not sure you need Grim Tutor, but it's certainly worth considering.
- I'm very leery of Veteran Explorer; I know it easily gets you two more lands during your combo turn, but it also gives two lands to everyone else, and that's a dicey trade-off if you plan on pushing through disruption. What does including it do for you?
- SquirrelCraft seems a bit cute, especially since you're light on free sac outlets. Seeing as you're already running infinite mill as a meaningful line, Altar of Dementia doesn't seem an unreasonable option to consider if you're keen to win by squirrels for days, but I feel there are stronger options--Exsanguinate comes to mind.
- Elvish Spirit Guide seems largely inferior to Lotus Petal in this context; it's a 3-drop (Ad Nauseam/Dark Confidant) that only ever gives you one of your two colors.
- What are your main targets for Reanimate and Unearth? Is there any merit in Entomb, or are those purely ways to recur combo pieces?
- Dryad Arbor over a basic Forest could be very strong; you can grab it off fetchlands, and it makes T1 GSZ a ramp spell.
- On the topic of fetchlands, your colors give you access to seven* of them, and you should almost certainly run them all.
- If you haven't already, consider Toxic Deluge as an additional board wipe--it may never make it in, but it's an extremely cheap and potent card
- Depending on how full your graveyard gets when you're starting to go off, Cabal Ritual feels like it would be naturally at home alongside Dark Ritual and Culling the Weak
- Bloom Tender in a two-color deck feels dubious, but I'm not quite prepared to say it's necessarily wrong, either.
- Given your reliance on mana dorks, Benefactor's Draught functions as a ritual that cantrips; if you choose to pair it with Isochron Scepter, it also draws you your deck while giving you an outrageous amount of mana.
I hope some of this helps! I like the direction you seem to be taking this.
1 month ago
Cut Virulent Sliver. you dont want to have infect damage and regular damage mixed in the deck. It will delay your victory.
Darkheart Sliver against burn
Heart Sliver for haste
And i concur with Snap157 on the striking sliver + venom combo
When doing slivers, you want to play as many as you can so you can add their benefits. Hence, it is preferable to have low cost slivers than expensive ones. For instance, Galerider Sliver already provides evasion in the form of flying; so Battering Sliver could be left out. Maybe replace it with Two-Headed Sliver. Horned Sliver is another option.
Finally, add some draw spells, so the slivers keep coming.
1 month ago
I love slivers I have a deck of my own you should check it out and upvote it if you think it deserves it. suggestion you should have homing sliver in your deck along with Darkheart Sliver, Pulmonic Sliver, Sedge Sliver, Quick Sliver, Root Sliver and Telekinetic Sliver.
2 months ago
well first off, Crystalline Sliver and Muscle Sliver are not modern legal. So that would be the first place to start :P Luckily, Muscle Sliver can be easily replaced by Sinew Sliver. There is not a super good direct replacement for Crystalline Sliver though. You also have some slivers that are somewhat sub-par. I would look to take out Venom Sliver (or at least reduce the number -- they are pretty meh in multilpes), Fungus Sliver, and probably also both Sliver Legion, and Sliver Hivelord. Chromatic Lantern also does not seem super needed if you have the manabase. Granted a good mana base is not the cheapest thing in the world. Crazy how fetchlands and shocklands can add up!
Slivers I would consider adding in place of the above cards are Blur Sliver (1 or 2 of), Darkheart Sliver, Necrotic Sliver, Diffusion Sliver, Sedge Sliver, Sentinel Sliver (super good as a 1 or 2 of), Frenzy Sliver, Sidewinder Sliver, and Syphon Sliver (1 or 2 of). Support cards I would evaluate are Collected Company, and Aether Vial.