Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Rise of the Eldrazi
This spell can't be countered.
Destroy target permanent. Target player draws four cards. Take an extra turn after this one.
Exile Rise of the Eldrazi.
3 months ago
Profet93 haha I'm imagining you busting into the comments like Kramer
Rise of the Eldrazi is the new card you are thinking of.
3 months ago
I'm still assembling the deck (expect the last pieces to be in my hands this week)
- I like Mazemind Tome, but will need to playtest it before making a cut call on that. If that goes out, I'll probably replace it with Rise of the Eldrazi.
- Don't want to get rid of Karn Liberated. I like him, and I have a borderless version I want to see table time.
- Blinkmoth Well, does not seem that important to me. Arch of Orazca is for sure a cut candidate. Could make room for Sensei's Divining Top.
- Yeah, no change
- Not win more. Adds a nicely scaling ramp at X >7, would not be without it. Voltaic Key combo is just a bonus, but cutting it would reduce value of adding Voltaic Key in the first place.
- Not going to cut Rogue's Passage. I feel I owe the table (and myself) some way to make those Eldrazi count! But I may be able to drop lands, just not too happy about it
- Budget is not a real concern, and I do have a metalworker somewhere. I don't think it will add enough to the deck, as I want my artifacts on the table and not in hand.
- Drownyard Temple is for sure not important. Can also do without Sanctum of Eternity though.
- I can't really find a good use case for Rise of the Eldrazi. I do think Artisan of Kozilek carries its weight with Annihilator 2. But could be a valid swap. They are both candidates for swapping in ulamog, the ceasless hunger
I guess potential changes could be:
- Arch of Orazca -> Sensei's Divining Top (semi-mitigated by ability to dig for more lands)
- Drownyard Temple -> Voltaic Key (semi-mitigated by ability to generate mana with 2+ rocks)
- Tyrite Sanctum (or just give up on the Urza's lands) -> Blinkmoth Well
- I want to find room for a Dark Depths, just because Thespian's Stage, but deep down I know it's not feasible!
3 months ago
Very detailed response, thank you!
Top > Mazemind Tome - Tome is okay but best cast you get it out early game and pay 4 mana to replace the maze or 6 mana to draw an extra card. Scrying is eh IMO whereas digging 3 more cards works with Kozilek quite well.
Controversial: Voltaic Key > Karn Liberated - This one is a bit controversial given you need removal in the deck. Its expensive removal, a better version of Scour from Existence. How often do you find yourself using it? Maybe voltiac key is overkill, but whether you add Key or not, Karn is high CMC should be cut to reduce the avg cmc of the deck.
Blinkmoth Well > Arch of Orazca - Costs way too much and war room is better redundancy. Ask yourself, how often do you even use it? I know you need draw but its weak
Reviewing your list further, I actually believe Liberator, Urza's Battlethopter is not needed anymore. I didn't realize you had Skittering Cicada as your redundancy. Could swap out skittering for Liberator but thats personal choice should you wish.
Controversial: You could take out doubling cube because it's winmore, not sure how your experience with it has been. This could make room for Oblivion Sower as it's "Ramp" so to speak, is less artifact based so you don't put all your eggs into a basket of Vandablast/artifact removal.
Ulamog Ceaseless Hunger > Rogue's Passage - I usually hate cutting lands but in a deck like this with lots of artifact ramp, I think you could cut 1-2 and still be perfectly fine, definitely worth experimenting with. I understand a potential consideration could be not drawing enough lands given your land of draw. The way I see Kozilek is sort of a glass cannon. You either ramp yourself into your commander for card draw, or die trying. Having more lands which you need more interaction or ramp is not ideal. Rogue's passage costs a lot and your commander has evasion anyways.
Metalworker - Is this in your maybeboard due to $? I see no mention of budget in the deck and I see some expensive cards so I'm unsure. Land of your choice could be potential cut.
Sanctum of Eternity > Drownyard Temple. Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't see the value in drownyard aside from scorched ruins. Sanctum allows you to refill your hand with your commander and respond to removal (on ur turn) should they attempt to removal it in response to equipping greaves/boots.
Controversial: Rise of the Eldrazi > Artisan of Kozilek. Artisan seems good on paper but isn't ideal under certain scenarios ..... A) Your creatures are mostly cast triggers, not ETB. Yes, powerful creature to return is nice, but paying 9 mana? I want something more. B) GY hate/Eldrazi Shuffle triggers. Very often in my meta people respond to GY recursion by destroying Kozilek or making me sac Ulamog to shuffle grave. Rise of Eldrazi provides you with A) Draw which you need B) Removal C) Extra turn/"haste"
Let me know what you think :)