Destroy target creature or planeswalker.
|Have (4)||CompleteWaste , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
- If steel overseer's ability is on the stack and it is destroyed does the ability remain on the stack if it still having legal targets?
- Can a dreadbore kill a Fiendslayer Paladin?
- Karn liberated rulings.
- What happens if i counter s spell that was copied.
- How does the stack work for recalls at instant speed?
Latest Decks as Commander
1 week ago
If I were in your group, I would encourage it to be WUBRG instead of mono-white. It would be unfair to play a Drawn Together deck and lose out on a ton of cards due to color restrictions.
My ruling would be any nonland card, regardless of color, drawn by Petey is good to go. Any other nonland must be colorless or mono-white. So no Dreadbore, unless there's a version Pete painted that you can find, for example.
3 weeks ago
Archfiend of Depravity Archfiend of Despair Charmbreaker Devils Defiler of Souls Dread Cacodemon It That Betrays Mogis, God of Slaughter Reaper from the Abyss Rune-Scarred Demon Sheoldred, Whispering One Sin Prodder Skirsdag High Priest Sower of Discord Woebringer Demon Liliana's Contract Angrath, the Flame-Chained Liliana of the Dark Realms Ob Nixilis Reignited Dreadbore Commander's Sphere Elbrus, the Binding Blade Flip Rakdos Signet Sol Ring Bedevil
1 month ago
Always nice to see more jund lists in pioneer! I agree with a lot of what the two users above me have said about the deck.
That said, I have three general observations about this list that I think should be tweaked a bit.
1) Your curve is pretty high. Currently, you are running 2 5-drop threats and a whopping 6 4-drop threats. I don't think stuff like Rekindling Phoenix is good enough for the 4 mana it costs. Elder Gargaroth is a very strong card, but not having an immediate board impact makes it a lot worse, while Glorybringer can immediately attack and kill off an enemy creature.
2) You don't really have any great card advantage engines (that can play the role of Bob in the deck) which are crucial in long games. Two suggestions I have for this slot are Chevill, Bane of Monsters and Tireless Tracker. The first helps against aggro and usually requires some support from removal, while the second is more mana intensive but plays double duty as an engine and a threat.
3) A lot of your removal is sorcery speed. Excluding the 4 stomps, you only have 3 other instant speed removal spells. Stuff like Angrath's Rampage is versatile, but a 2-mana edict effect is just not that great against a lot of decks. I think it fits better in the sideboard. Bloodchief's Thirst and Dreadbore are both good cards but I think you should cut them to 1-2 copies each. 2-4 Fatal Push is definitely a must, even without the fetchlands of modern it is one of the best spot removal spells in the format. Similarly, I'd recommend some mix of 1-2 Abrupt Decay, 1-2 Assassin's Trophy, and maybe a Kolaghan's Command to round out the removal suite and replace the sorcery speed removal. Bontu's Last Reckoning also would probably do better in the sideboard against highly aggressive go-wide strategies - the card just feels like it would hurt you more than the opponent in a lot of other matchups (don't want to make the combo matchups even worse than they already are right?).
2 months ago
Angrath, Captain of Chaos and Jace, Cunning Castaway don't seem that great, and even if you decide to keep them I don't think three copies of each is justified. Liliana, the Last Hope is both recursion and removal, plus her ultimate also synergizes if you ever fire it off.
Have you considered a playset of Thoughtseize ? You don't have a single turn one play in the entire deck, and I think this card would be a great way to gain information and disrupt their gameplan.
Drana, Liberator of Malakir might be a nice card to try out for more +1/+1 counters.
Also, your mana costs are pretty demanding so you should definitely cut some basics and add in more Blood Crypt , along with some Drowned Catacomb , and Steam Vents . Fabled Passage could also be used to trigger revolt on Push.
All in all these are the changes I would make:
3 months ago
JacenSolo29 as far as the next update goes, I’m waiting to see if there is anything else that drops from MH2, but I think we have the complete list now.
My first impressions are:
1) Faithless Salvaging - this works better than Thrill of Possibility since it can be cast on an empty hand and the rebound can’t be caught by hand disruption. Instant is nice if we really do want to cast on opponent’s end step. Then, if we draw an instant, we can cast with rebound on the stack to get full value.
2) Prismatic Ending - I personally really REALLY like this. Great against aggro, Humans, Jund, Ponza, Death's Shadow (minus Gurmag Angler ). See (https://strategy.channelfireball.com/all-strategy/home/is-prismatic-ending-the-new-swords-to-plowshares/)
3) Damn - again, LOVE IT! Definitely love the versatility, but I don’t know if it would replace Dreadbore (hits PWs), Fatal Push (instant and cheaper), or Engineered Explosives (can be triggered at instant speed and can be cheaper). Definitely a consideration for spots that previously included Damnation or Wrath of God .
4) General Ferrous Rokiric - I personally really like this. Immune to most removal (specifically EFFICIENT removal) such as Lightning Bolt , Path to Exile , Fatal Push , and Cryptic Command bouncing it. If you play a lot of multicolor spells, like Kolaghan's Command , Kaya's Guile , Kaya, Orzhov Usurper , Nahiri, the Harbinger , Dreadbore / Terminate , and Lightning Helix , then you definitely benefit from having this.
5) Dragon's Rage Channeler - this has a Magmatic Channeler feel to it and couples well with the graveyard-centric focus. If you opt for utility ARTIFACTS, like Mishra's Bauble , Damping Sphere , or Engineered Explosives , ENCHANTMENTS, like Blood Moon , or PLANESWALKERS, like Liliana of the Veil or any of the previously mentioned PWs, then you have an even easier time to activate Delirium. You do have to attack every turn, but having flying as evasion is really nice. Surveil is good if we start running more Flashback spells, like more Lingering Souls or Smiting Helix .
7) Obsidian Charmaw - OMG there are SO many Tron hate cards in this set, and I LOVE it. If Tron or Eldrazi Tron get more popular through all the hate from this set, then this would be great to add create a clock.
8) Vindicate - old EDH tech being added to Modern. I like the idea of destroying anything, but sorcery speed and 3 cmc, with everything else that has come into the game (and power creep), makes me unsure of its power. Could be what we need, but 3cmc is already crowded in the list.
9) Flame Blitz - UW/x, Jund, and maybe Tron typically run more PWs, so if we forgo running PWs, ourselves, then this serves as an extremely cheap PW hate card. Cycling is nice if we draw it and the opponent has side boarded out a majority of their PWs.
10) Harmonic Prodigy - if we bring back Young Pyromancer , add in Dark Confidant , and focus on Prowess, then I think this would rather have a home in a Feather, the Redeemed /spell-slinger deck. Still, it would be ok here, with the high spell count we run.
11) Sanctifier en-Vec - I don’t think we want to use this... definitely expect it in Burn or D&T lists against us.
12) Dauthi Voidwalker - now THIS we can use. Basically Sanctifier en-Vec , but unilateral hate and can help against Dredge or other recursion based decks. I like that we can sac on targeted removal and cast one of their spell(s). can conflict with our spells, but we are usually ok. If we get Blood Moon ed, we can usually laugh it off and power through it.
13) Bone Shards - in the primer, I’ve indicated that Mardu Pyro has different variants (spells/grave, PW, and Aristocrat/tokens). I feel this would slot nicely into an token deck, along with Village Rites , Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger , and Afterlife creatures.
14) Fury - at first glance, I’ve been conflicted. Seems ok as protection from aggro strategies, but I wish it had either 1 more toughness, did more damage, hit players, or cost less. It just seems... meh... I’m skeptical, but I’ve definitely been proven wrong before, so I’ll keep my mind open.
15) Mine Collapse - great if we run a bit more heavy on lands and run late. Too bad it doesn’t hit players though... a common theme from cards this set.
16) Arcbound Whelp / Esper Sentinel /Knighted Myr - another idea that has come to fruition from this set is Mardu Affinity. No, we won’t tech for Hardened Scales , but the removal suite that we run, in addition to these new artifact creatures (and lands!) is tempting enough to test some brews.
I hope this gives an idea of what we could change for the deck. The list was roughly done in the order of what we would tech in to the current build, but anything is possible! Let me know what you all think.
Edit: some of the cards (Knighted Myr, Mine Collapse, and Bone Shards) did not have the links set up in TappedOut as of the time of this post, so I do apologize for that.
5 months ago
I have an edgar build. Most believe it doesn’t take much to pilot vamps to a W, but truth be told it requires a lot of planning. For that reason, I’d recommend lowering your curve wherever possible.
Wear is solid removal.
6 months ago
Ox of Agonas is a cool card but due to the fact that is doesn't trigger your commander's ability, or synergize with all your tribal buffs, I would consider dropping it (but that's just me).