Creature — Antelope
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may gain 2 life.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Grazing Gladehart Discussion
1 month ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
5 months ago
Powerleech : would be great
Quiet Disrepair , Retreat to Hagra , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot , Grazing Gladehart , Kazandu Nectarpot , Lifegift : Landfall and upkeep triggers. Run a land ramp package thanks to green to capitalize on these effects. Very budget friendly options
on Land Twins
8 months ago
Alright, let's do this.
Good day to you, FacetiousFanboy. Now, I have a mere one lands-matter deck, whereupon 'tis the extent of my knowledge upon the strategy, but 'tis something I have meticulously tinkered for quite the meiny of years. Therefrom, I may offer my enlightenment.
Upon the very intrinsic parts, we have the categories of a commander deck: removal, wraths, card draw, ramp, lands, recursion, and engines. Being a legendary creature in the modern era of Magic, Mina and Denn grant a splendid engine from the command zone. Allow me to touch upon the basics within the decklist.
In order aforesaid, removal:
I mayn't have ever seen Relic Crush, but I do not like it. Five mana to kill two things is far too inefficient, thus I would recommend you take this out of the deck. Force of Vigor is better on most accounts.
Storm the Citadel requires you to have a board state, and requires a sorcery-speed deployment. Removal is best utilized in surprise, and being a sorcery negates such a factor. I do not like this card.
I have noted a supreme lack of wraths. I have also noticed some inefficient X-spells for which you intend to use twelve or so mana. Try removing Banefire, Clan Defiance, Spitfire Lagac, Tunneling Geopede, and Living Twister. The pinging effects matter little until the opponents are sitting at seven life. Living Twister is one I have tried and disliked. Banefire and Clan Defiance hit the opponents' face, but do near to nothing in terms of furthering your board state. These are great when you are ahead, but you currently have no options for when you are behind.
Upon card draw.
If you so desire X-spells to utilize, I would add Commune with Lava. It may be cast upon the endstep before your turn, and thus offers many more option without requiring you to tap out.
Escape to the Wilds offers a new hand and an additional land drop, whilst being a mere $0.25.
Similar yet potentially better, Tireless Tracker. Clues are fantastic, and are a splendid devotion of mana for use at any time. By this argument, I would kill Seer's Sundial. I have attempted the Sundial, but it requires a mana dump immediately as averse to any time.
Ramp, of course.
As to what should be removed, Rootweaver Druid ramps you for one and an opponent for two. It could ramp you for two and your opponents for four. You always come out behind in this exchange, and thus I would see this fit for exclusion. Far Wanderings is great, but best if you have a full graveyard. This deck cannot achieve Threshold too easily, thence this effect may be improved.
Returning from the grave, recursion it shall be.
This is an optional field, but it is nice to have an option or two. I see but Seeds of Renewal. Seven mana for two things returned? I nill. Bala Ged Recovery Flip serves as a land early and a win condition late. Eternal Witness is just always fantastic.
Start your engines.
What in heck is this Sporemound Nonsense? A five-mana 3/3 that spawns 1/1s. Quite lacking indeed. I do not see any justification for having this in the deck.
Primeval Bounty is always lovely, but not requisite. I believe it to be more powerful than current options in your deck.
Given the number of tokens you create Purphoros will drain the opponents' life apace. In the same avenue, Evolutionary Leap can offer defense if someone attempts to kill a creature, or it can find a better use for your tokens.
Comet Storm is a far more efficient version of the X-spells you had opted to include, for it can remove problematic threats or multiple problematic players.
Unto finality, Genesis Wave can plop out most of your deck upon the table, and it is difficult to lose from there.
Thus is the end of my babbling. Pardon the overlong comment, but I do hope it was of some aid.
I do have my own list, as forementioned, built around the lovely Hazezon Tamar. If you would so deign to peer upon its glory, that would be splendid.
Fare thee well.
11 months ago
Avenger of Zendikar (If you're going to spend big money for any card, make it this one!)
1 year ago
1 year ago
Cast Titania, Protector of Argoth .
Activate Command Beacon 's second ability, sacrificing it and putting its ability on the stack. This triggers Titania's ability. Resolve Titania's ability and get a 5/3 green Elemental creature token. Don't resolve Command Beacon 's ability yet.
Exile Titania with Food Chain and get 6 green mana for creature spells. Put Titania into the command zone instead of exile.
Resolve Command Beacon 's ability, putting Titania from your command zone into your hand.
Titania's ETB triggers. Target Command Beacon, returning it to the battlefield.
You can repeat these steps for infinite green mana to cast creature spells and infinite elementals. If you have a land sacrifice outlet, you can filter the creature mana by tapping a land for mana, sacrificing it, then casting Titania with the creature mana, returning the the land you sacrificed, then tapping it for mana, sacrificing it again, exiling Titania with Food Chain and putting her back into the command zone, then repeating.
Otherwise, if you have a Walking Ballista in hand, you just cast it for 3,000,00 and kill everyone.
Grazing Gladehart is good in the deck from all the repeated landfall. It's nice having a large life total. Fierce Empath seems like an interesting card, but I would want like 1-2 more 6 CMC+ creature targets for it before I would include it in the deck.
I haven't played Song of the Dryads , but removal is pretty good. Normally, my opponents are dead before I care about removing problematic permanents though.
I'm still working on the land base for the deck because most of the better lands are expensive, and I'd rather buy them in foil first. Prismatic Vista will definitely be in the deck eventually. Tranquil Thicket synergizes well with Life from the Loam , so I'll probably keep it in.
1 year ago
Ashcashcash Can you elaborate in detail how you go infinite with food chain in this build? I'm a little slow. The deck looks great +1
Why is Grazing Gladehart in the deck? It seems subpar, even if Azusa was the commander. I would cut it for Loaming Shaman for Fierce Empath , I prefer empath but even something else would be fine. I just feel he is so lackluster. Maybe Song of the Dryads to mess with their commander, bonus points if they are playing B/R because they can't get their commander back.