Creature — Insect
Landfall—Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, Tunneling Geopede deals 1 damage to each opponent.
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Tunneling Geopede Discussion
2 weeks ago
At first glance, here are some recommendations I have that have worked out for me and/or have synergy with your build: Purphoros, God of the Forge, Tunneling Geopede, Emiel the Blessed, Dockside Extortionist, Sakashima the Impostor, Spark Double, Finale of Devastation, Finale of Revelation, Pull from Tomorrow, Sphinx's Revelation, Expansion / Explosion, Windfall, Nahiri's Lithoforming, Lithoform Engine, Strionic Resonator, Felidar Retreat, Rites of Flourishing, Worldly Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, Winds of Abandon, Nissa, Vital Force, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Flagstones of Trokair, Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, a few bounce lands. Just some ideas to toss around. Good luck with the deck!
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Update 2nd of October:
2.Ramunap Excavator I actually think that being able to play a fetchland every turn from your graveyard, and therefore giving you the theoretical second land in addition to thinning your deck is more valuable than playing another possible land with Wayward Swordtooth, therefore: Switcheroo!
4 weeks ago
Jensu08, the more I think about it. Wouldn’t you say Purphoros, God of the Forge would be a better fit than Tunneling Geopede? With the amount of creatures and tokens, especially that crazy Scute Swarm going off, seems like more devastating damage being dealt.
4 weeks ago
MindAblaze, I used to run Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip in my old Omnath, Locus of Rage build and removed it, because to me it felt slow for what it does. I did go ahead and add Wrenn and Six and removed Dualcaster Mage which eliminates the win con I had in here, but it doesn’t seem like it’s needed anyway. Shout out to rkjunior for that as well.
Jensu08, yeah, I’ve had turns where I have had insane amount of landfalls, especially when Ashaya, Soul of the Wild is out and I’m casting/flickering creatures. So I think Tunneling Geopede gets added at some point. It’ll be one of the next things I’ll probably make room for.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Update 17th of September:
I replaced this for "Spoiler" Rampaging Baloths as this one gives me ETB tokens which I can pump as I need it.
2. Ancient GreenwardenTwo Landfall triggers in addition to playing lands out of your graveyard? 6 mana is huge, though worth the costs.
3. Tunneling Geopede: I honstely underestimated the power of this guy. One damage for each landfall trigger adds up and can close out games out of nowhere.
4. Moraug, Fury of Akoum. A powerhouse when it gets rolling. We are winning games with this, if unanswered.
5. Felidar Retreat: This card surprised me a lot in playtesting. Not only is it better than Zendikar's Roil but it is also more versatile at is gains us an overrun-esque effect.
6. Rude Awakening: I earlier removed this card from my deck, due to it feeling like a win more card, though I realized that I was too greedy and only wanted to use this card for its entwine costs.
After more testing it feels more like a better Mirari's Wake due to its versatility. More mana? No Problem. Trying to finish? No Problem. Trying to finish, but need just a bit more mana? No Problem.
2. Coiling Oracle: Too often a swing and a miss. Not necessarily bad, but was not convinced from this one anymore.
3. Ghostly Flicker: Not sure about this one, as it is additional protection and can benefit mana if blinking Gaea's Cradle.
Will see how it pans out and if cutting it was a mistake. 4. Ramunap Excavator: Exchanged for Ancient Greenwarden. Also not sure about this one, as it ensures early land drops. Though, do not have problems with this early on most of the time.
5. Rampaging Baloths: Cutted for Phylath, World Sculptor as it benefits my deckstyle more.
6. Dig Through Time: Were not able to cast this card for its delve costs most of the time, as lands in the graveyard are often more valuable than in other decks.
1 month ago
Love it! I'm tired of green landfall decks and was also thinking about all the other color combinations. There's a bunch of cool one's coming with Zendikar rising and a few more that you could consider would be the white creatures (Emeria Angel, Emeria Shepherd, Admonition Angel), the red pingers (Spitfire Lagac, Tunneling Geopede), good ramp/utility creatures (Knight of the White Orchid, Weathered Wayfarer). Useful artifacts include Ghirapur Orrery and Thaumatic Compass Flip and some more lands that I find useful would be Ghost Town, all the "fetches" (Terramorphic Expanse, Fabled Passage, Evolving Wilds, Arid Mesa etc), the bouncelands e.g. Boros Garrison, Terrain Generator.
keep up the good work!