Whenever a land enters the battlefield, you may gain 1 life.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
3 weeks ago
Random Combo Deck Build-Off
We are having a build-off with a random combo generated from Commander Spellbook.
If you wish to enter go to Commander Spellbook and hit “Random Combo” below the search bar. Comment below that you wish to enter and which combo you got. I’ll add you to the Participants list.
There are no prizes, this is just a fun challenge to help improve your deck building prowess.
Building time ends 5/23/2021 @ 12:00am PT.
- All cards must be EDH legal.
- Budget is $500 using low end of TCGplayer Mkt price.
- No combos over $50, if it’s more, re-roll to get a new one.
- No 5 Color decks. Reroll if needed.
- Building time ends on 5/23/2021 @ 12:00am PT.
- When building time ends, I will start a thread where you can post your deck in the comments and people can upvote the comments of decks they like.
- Hardhitta7 - Retreat to Coralhelm + Llanowar Scout + Lifegift + Simic Growth Chamber
- legendofa - Retreat to Coralhelm + Budoka Gardener Flip + Selesnya Sanctuary + Tunneling Geopede
- Gidgetimer - Imperious Perfect + Intruder Alarm + Alloy Myr
- Omniscience_is_life - Murasa Rootgrazer + Retreat to Coralhelm + Mirrormade + basic land in hand
- 1empyrean - Naru Meha, Master Wizard + Release to the Wind + Slitherwisp
- Mtg_Mega_Nerds - Glissa, the Traitor + Dictate of Erebos + Altar of Dementia + Myr Moonvessel
- Unlife - Sorin Markov + Hidetsugu's Second Rite
- plakjekaas - Dargo, the Shipwrecker + Thermopod + Desecrated Tomb + 3 creatures/artifacts on the battlefield
- VampDemigod - Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit + Murderous Redcap + Viscera Seer
- Snake_Oil - Kodama of the East Tree + Emeria Angel + Boros Garrison
- BrassLord - Drannith Magistrate + Knowledge Pool
- MagicMarc - Famished Paladin + Presence of Gond + Auriok Champion
1 month ago
Powerleech : would be great
Quiet Disrepair , Retreat to Hagra , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot , Grazing Gladehart , Kazandu Nectarpot , Lifegift : Landfall and upkeep triggers. Run a land ramp package thanks to green to capitalize on these effects. Very budget friendly options
2 months ago
Hey! I think that this deck should use Miren, the Moaning Well . It's a way of regaining life with a creature that will die because of some effect. It makes you gain a lot of life and increases the effect of Willowdusk's ability.
About the untap effects outside of blue, you can use Thousand-Year Elixir or Magewright's Stone . About combos... well, if you use sacrifice effects (e.g. Ashnod's Altar ), you could try the Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Triskelion -like combos (actually, these two work alone, but some combos needs a sac outlet). Depending of other cards, loops with Mikaeus, sacrifice outlets and creatures with Persist could also work.
An artifact like Eternity Vessel can reset your life (if I remember well, having your life total become some value counts as lifegain).
Maybe creatures like Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper or Reyhan, Last of the Abzan works well inside this deck. As instants or sorceries... the only one that came to my mind now is Weather the Storm , which can be very interesting in some situations.
Why use cards like Jaddi Offshoot (gains you only one life), Dash Hopes (I think that's an unreliable counterspell and the 5 life is a low cost in EDH), Blunt the Assault (I think that this card is pretty bad, maybe a card like Gray Merchant of Asphodel gains you much more life while drains your opponents) or Lifegift (it won't make you gain a lot of life on the same turn)?
8 months ago
Tempt with Discovery - One of my favs but in a more competitive meta, don't they usually just strip mine whatever you tutor for?
How does Gravediggers cage and G-wave interact? Do you get the creatures from G-Wave or not? I know it's anti-synergy with Finale, but some of that is expected in a stax build.
Have you considered adding more interaction in the form of Kenrith's Transformation? It replaces itself, is cheap and shuts down commanders who cant interact with enchantments.
Nylea's Intervention - Not that you need even more anti-flying, but the land tutoring is nice. X=2-3 is a good mode and is fairly costed IMO. Helps you turn of field of the dead more consistently.
Replacing 8 forests with 8 snow-covered forests helps field of the dead turn online more quickly as well.
Yavimaya Hollow > Radiant Fountain
1 year ago
Also, Tectonic Reformation is useful too.
...and yes, bouncing all creatures puts your awakened lands back in your hand. Nice if you didn’t need them as lands though; discard with Windgrace.
1 year ago
I see your point about Liege of the Tangle. For example if someone plays a card with "return all creatures to hand", these land creatures would go to my hand (correct me if I'm wrong on that). I had paired Liege of the Tangle and Embodiment of Insight and since there are often board wipes in my groups meta I will probably eliminate these two cards.
As for Titania, Protector of Argoth, I have seen this card before and think it would do really well in this deck. This would be a great addition.
While the lands you suggested would pair really well with Titania, I'm not too keen on the pay one life part of the cost. There are a few decks in our meta that tick life totals quite a bit and this wouldn't help out with that. If I would add these lands it might be worth having Lifegift, I'm just not sure what to take out for them.
As for cards to take out, I know that Thantis, the Warweaver and Gyrus, walker of corpses don't do much for the landfall theme, so I was planning on taking them out. Also on this list were Bloodtracker, Worm Harvest and Soul of Innistrad.
I really just put in Etali, Primal Storm for the effect and the heavy hitting, I know he doesn't fit the landfall theme. He may be taken out for a different deck tho.
Thank you so much for the advice I really appreciate it!!
1 year ago
Altar of the Brood , Blood Seeker , Lifegift , Paradise Plume , Dance of Many , Diabolic Servitude , Dire Undercurrents , Mirrodin Besieged , and Treachery just to name a few non creature etb effects that are great to double
2 years ago
This mono green EDH deck is well out of date and I could use some help updating it to not only be legal but competitive
I feel like the base of the deck is still pretty strong and it only needs a few minor updates here and there, so any and all inputs would be greatly appreciate.