Fountain of Cho
Fountain of Cho enters the battlefield tapped.
Tap: Put a storage counter on Fountain of Cho.
Tap, Remove any number of storage counters from Fountain of Cho: Add (White) to your mana pool for each storage counter removed this way.
Printings View all
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Fountain of Cho Discussion
2 years ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)
2 years ago
I definately understand the struggles of Boros... I have a Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas EDH deck called We're the Titans, We are Strong - Kalemne. Some suggestions as far as ramping would be something like:
3 years ago
Remaining on the budget side of the selection, I wouk suggest these cards:
- Celestial Gatekeeper
- Beacon Hawk
- Battle Screech
- Shared Triumph
- Aven Warhawk
- Phantom Flock
- Spear of Heliod
- Freewind Falcon
- Roc Egg
- Gustcloak Skirmisher
- Aven Cloudchaser
- Courier Hawk
- Glorious Anthem
- Gustcloak Harrier
- Lieutenant Kirtar
- Duskrider Falcon
- Apex Hawks
- Cloudchaser Kestrel
- Duskrider Peregrine
- Ageless Sentinels
- Battlewise Aven
Non basic lands:
Hope this makes you kickstart your deck :)
3 years ago
i think you should run Pariah. it's simply the only reason Cho-Manno, Revolutionary is known. it's a great combo and this card only costs 50 cents.
if you are trying to cut something worth 25 cents to try and make up your artificial budget, you could cut Fountain of Cho for a Plains. let's look at the numbers. three turns after you have played the land: Fountain of Cho may have produced 1 mana total! Plains may have produced 3 mana.
while the fountain of cho is flavorful, its just a terrible land.
3 years ago
Opifex thanks for suggesting Fountain of Cho and Saprazzan Skerry. I'm new to deckbuilding and my knowledge of cards is minuscule at best. Looking at the rest of the deck, are there any non-land cards you would suggest cutting or adding in?
3 years ago
3 years ago
Looks good... I don't know if it's French legal or not, but I find Fountain of Cho to be a good ramp land for mono white decks.
4 years ago
Nice deck, Radiant is pretty interesting!
Here are some hopefully budget recommendations for this deck.
Wrath of God with flying creature tokens: March of Souls.
Enchantment-based flying creature token generation: Sigil of the Empty Throne.
Also, since Forsaken Sanctuary, Nahiri's Machinations, and Spectral Shepherd have mana symbols that aren't just white or colorless in their rules text, for EDH/Commander, they don't have a white color identity, and so they can't be in a deck with Radiant, Archangel as the commander.
Ghost Town and Mage-Ring Network don't seem too useful in this deck, but if you are looking for storage lands that give white mana, Icatian Store and Fountain of Cho seem like better options. Also, while the art for Serra's Blessing is amazing, I think Brave the Sands would be a better option.