Put two 1/1 colorless Sliver creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion
Hive Stirrings Discussion
4 months ago
I feel like I should add that there is actually a circumstance under which your opponent could make successful use of a tapping spell here.
Lets say your opponent has a Downpour in hand, and untapped lands necessary to cast it. You have Gemhide Sliver or Manaweft Sliver and two other miscellaneous Slivers in play (maybe Metallic Slivers, or tokens from Hive Stirrings). Now, you want to tap these three slivers to cast say Opaline Sliver. During your Upkeep, before you draw your card for the turn, if you choose to do nothing, thereby passing priority to your opponent, your opponent can cast Downpour targeting your three slivers. Now, you can still tap them for mana in response, but that mana will disappear the moment your upkeep step ends, so unless you have an Instant in your hand you can cast, that mana is useless to you. With no instants in your hand, your only choices are to tap you slivers for worthless mana that immediately disappears, or let Downpour resolve and tap your slivers anyways. The result is the same, your slivers are tapped, and you can't make use of them.
7 months ago
I love slivers more than most players. It seems like your deck has a lot of slivers in it, which is good, but I feel like in some cases you need an reason to put it in besides the fact that it's a sliver. I run a bizarre kind of sliver token deck though, so in mine, I only run 17 or so slivers, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.
Slivers that aren't that great:
- Blade Sliver
- Dementia Sliver (I guess if you like it, you should keep it)
- Essence Sliver (this one sounds nuts, but I run Aura Shards over this, simply because it's strictly better. There is the fact that you can't tutor for it with overlord, but for me, I have the problem that essence sliver doesn't have "may," so sometimes I end up killing a lot of my own stuff. Still there's an argument to be made for it.
- Screeching Sliver (I just don't know why this card is in here. It seems like a pretty non-synergistic effect. I also feel like even if you had a lot of slivers, it would take you an ass ton of time to mill someone out by tapping them all in EDH)
Other things to take out:
- Staff of Nin (I like this card in mono-red, but that's about it. since you have access to all the colors, there's a huge amount of cards you have access to that are just better than this card. Find something that works well with your deck. I like Fecundity, but I'm in tokens. There's a lot in blue that are great. Mind Unbound will draw you a lot of cards (a lot more than the staff). and has the same CMC, but it does have double blue. I even like Phyrexian Arena in this deck.
- Hive Stirrings. (I'm in sliver tokens and I don't really love this card. Just a lot of other effects i'd rather have for 3 mana. Maybe a Mirror Entity or an Phyrexian Arena)
- Venser's Journal (I love this card, but not in this deck. I just feel like there's not enough card draw, hand size shenannagins to make use of this card. If you added like 10 more card draw spells then sure, good pick)
Stuffs to Add:
(Note: given the sliver legion and queen, it seemed like money wasn't much of an issue, so some of these picks aren't exactly budget)
- Brood Sliver (Where is this guy? seriously, he's great.)
- Cryptolith Rite (take out Springleaf Drum. Cryptolith Rite costs one more and is strictly better.)
- Amoeboid Changeling (I think I know what you're going for with Unnatural Selection. If you want though, you can even tutor it out, since amoeboid is a changeling and therefore a sliver. I only do this when I feel like I absolutely have to or I feel like being a dick. depends on your meta, but I try not to overuse this ability too much.)
- Crypt Sliver (just...yes....)
- Crystalline Sliver (this has a downside if you need to target your stuff, so don't drop it unless you need to. I feel like this is a better slot in than blade sliver or some of the lower end pumps. If you need to, only play him when you already have a sliver with a sac outlet on the battlefield)
- Mesmeric Sliver (depending on how many slivers you can drop, this gets pretty nuts. just always make opponents draw land.)
- Shifting Sliver (THIS MUST GO IN. Like seriously though. just drop this and win.)
- Coat of Arms (Most EDH decks only have access to one of these effects, but yours can have access to two with sliver legion in the deck too. I know this pumps everyone's tribal, so just have more of your tribe and you're good. Also you only have to drop this when you want to swing for lethal. Might be a good slot instead of Venser's Journal or something.)
Some nuts busted cards:
- Cryptic Gateway. (this is nuts. I love it)
- Cauldron of Souls (this is a super underrated card. When I go in and retune my deck, this is going in)
- Wild Pair (since you like cryptic gateway, you might like this card. didn't make it into mine, because i'm pretty low on slivers, but slivers always have the same power and toughness, making it really easy to use this card.)
Great deck. I'd love to hear what you think of my sliver tokens deck. I haven't tweaked it in a while so there's some obvious slot in's from Ixalan at least that need to go in. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/make-tokens-great-again/
Thanks for sharing :)
8 months ago
8 months ago
SaltySpecula I'd argue that Hivelord is just as viable as Overlord. The strategy is just aggro as opposed to control. Also, Mana Echoes + Sliver Queen does not equal infinite mana. It equals infinite slivers. I do actually agree on your assessment of Hive Stirrings though. It's neat for a casual deck, but even in EDH it doesn't really have much impact.
8 months ago
Slivers is always fun. Something you may want to try: Mana Echoes + Sliver Queen = infinite mana.Hive Stirrings isn't that good, sadly. If you're willing to take a different commander, I'd suggest Sliver Overlord as your commander. Reliable sliver tutuor. Also, he pairs very well with Unnatural Selection and Amoeboid Changeling which will let you steal other player's good creatures.
9 months ago
Mana Confluence is also a good "any color" land.
Regarding the slivers, i would play 8 mana producing ones Gemhide Sliver & Manaweft Sliver, a lot (probably 8) cheap slivers that increase power toughness like you do.
However i would add 4 Hive Stirrings, reduce the number of ability offering slivers to bare minimum and would get them via Homing Sliver, and the dual colored ones from the sideboard with Glittering Wish
And the rest of the mana base should be green/white imho.
9 months ago
Well i would try to pick up a playset of the leaked spoiled ixalan tribal land, unclaimed territory and the slightly older Ancient Ziggurat
I would also consider abusing the fact that the tribe offers so much flexibility, by utilising the tutor Homing Sliver, put all my multicolored slivers into wishboard to get with Glittering Wish.
This gives the option to play the more crazy stuff as one of in the main like Mesmeric Sliver (to play lantern controll with slivers), or to play the big sliver lords from the side/wishboard (Sliver Hivelord & Sliver Legion)
The tutoring effects also free you up to focus more on mana generating slivers, and non sliver cards that help you a lot like Collected Company, Hive Stirrings and the like - while playing slivers that grant effects you want as a 1 of, since you can tutor them whenever you wish.
And ixalan will bring a new green enchantment that will draw you a card if an effect targets your creatures! (for )