|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Common|
|Premium Deck Series: Slivers (PDS)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sliver
All Sliver creatures get +1/+1.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Muscle Sliver Discussion
1 week ago
not trying to be mean, but you simply will not build a competitive modern deck for under $35. and you say "only 1 sliver is not modern legal, not 3" but thats false. its 3. Crypt Sliver, Muscle Sliver, Winged Sliver.
my own sliver deck for modern cost me over $400 at the time i purchased it. heres what it looks like:
SCORE: 2 | 2 COMMENTS | 353 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
3 weeks ago
I was in a bit of a rush last night, and did not have convenient access to the Gatherer, so I did not provide as much feedback as I would have otherwise liked. After reviewing your deck in a bit more depth, I had a few additional suggestions:
Gemhide Sliver is amazing for ramp, and is particularly helpful if you are running numerous multi-coloured creatures.
Ghostflame Sliver is relatively useless, and you should probably cut it.
Otherwise, even with Ur-Dragon, I think your mana curve is a bit slow. Slivers are a hyper-aggressive tribe, and you should focus on having a bunch of low-costed Slivers, rather than a few big, flashy ones. Dragons, on the other hand, are a fairly slow tribe, though they tend to be quite powerful. If you want to do the Sliver-Dragon mix, I think your focus should be on swarming the early game with a bunch of Slivers, and then using a few exceedingly powerful Dragons as your finishers.
3 weeks ago
So first off, slivers CAN be good and not broken. The key is which you use. To achieve this end, here are a few slivers that would create a more solid gameplay experience but have an at least okay deck. I can help with the others too, but for now we'll talk about this.
Anything that just buffs the team: Predatory Sliver, Megantic Sliver, Might Sliver, Battle Sliver, Armor Sliver and Barbed Sliver, Blade Sliver, Bonesplitter Sliver, Muscle Sliver, and Sinew Sliver are all pretty cool, but a standout for me, a SUPER fun sliver to play: Firewake Sliver.
Abilities that aren't too broken include Blur Sliver, Belligerent Sliver, Cautery Sliver, Gemhide Sliver and Manaweft Sliver, Groundshaker Sliver, Heart Sliver, Leeching Sliver, Necrotic Sliver, Quick Sliver, Reflex Sliver, Sentinel Sliver, Striking Sliver, Syphon Sliver, Two-Headed Sliver, Venom Sliver.
Consider making this deck pauper? It would probably limit it enough to be fair.
1 month ago
I'm assuming you're playing a casual format where just about every card is legal so I'll give you a broad list of options.
Incidentally, the first deck I made was a slivers tribal as well :)
- Ancient Ziggurat: Provides you any color of mana you need but on the condition that it's only spent for creatures.
- Sliver Hive: One of the two best lands for a sliver deck. You get any color you want without restrictions for a sliver deck. Late game, it provides functionality by allowing you to poop baby slivers out whenever needed.
- Cavern of Souls: The other best land and likely the best land in the game for tribal? Like the others, it provides you with every color AND makes your creatures uncounter-able. Extremely useful against blue deck matchups. Downside is that it's like 40$ a piece
- Unclaimed Territory: The cheaper brother of Cavern of Souls. Does everything it does for but doesn't give the "can't be countered clause." Worth considering since it's about 6% the cost of Cavern of Souls.
- Mutavault: Only provides colorless mana but can't turned into a creature at any time. Basically it can become a sliver whenever you need it, perhaps as a bait, blocker, or extra attacker.
- Gemhide Sliver / Manaweft Sliver: Excellent and perhaps critical if you're running several colors. Turns your slivers into mana dorks and allows you to speed up your game by providing more mana. Many sliver decks run 4x.
- Diffusion Sliver: If you're looking to modern-ize your deck then replace Crystalline Sliver with this. It's not that good comparatively but it's modern legal.
- Sinew Sliver, Predatory Sliver, Muscle Sliver: Your bread and butter of the deck. You're likely to run 8x of them if possible.
- Galerider Sliver: Literally a better version of Winged Sliver. It costs one mana less and does everything better. Replace Winged Sliver with this if you can.
- Venom Sliver: Gives all your slivers deathtouch, making them all deadly.
- Pulmonic Sliver: Gives all your slivers flying as well as the ability to "revive them" by putting them on top of your library upon death.
- Bonescythe Sliver: Gives all double strike. Easy way to secure your combat advantage and double your damage potential all in one go.
- Sentinel Sliver: Provdes vigilance to all your slivers. I love this card personally and run 2x.
- Sliver Queen, Sliver Hivelord, Sliver Legion, Sliver Overlord: Your sliver gods. All expensive but provide crazy utility. Queen makes more sliver. Hivelord gives your guys indestructibility. Legion provides stat buffs. Overlord allows you to search your library for any sliver you want.
- Collected Company: Luckily most slivers are 3 and below the CMC cost, usually making CoCo a 2-for-1 card. In essence, consider this an instant that reads "play this whenever you want to have 2 more slivers on the board." Can be used for surprise blockers / increasing your board presence. You may find that lowering the CMC to 3 and below maximize the value of this card.
- Aether Vial: Get 4x of this if you can. It's very costly but extremely useful. Allows you summon free creatures essentially at instant speed. This will be your turn 1 most of the time move if possible.
2 months ago
The lack of card tags makes your post hard to read. :(
Chromatic Lantern - I know. When I posted this deck I wasn't sure if I had one available and was with little spare time to check. I do and I will add it.
Swords - Don't have them. Also, I don't think that a sliver deck needs them.
Sensei's Divining Top - That's adding insult to injury. I might add it.
Obelisk is part of the deck since day 1. :P
Coat of Arms - That's a card that fits the "redundancy" type of card. I might (most surely will) add it. I'm just unsure if I should run Coat or Door.
Training Grounds - Unfortunately I don't have a spare one. That's the only reason I'm not using it.
Bribery - None available. Not sure I'd want it in here either.
Amoeboid Changeling - Cute... Just unsure if I prefer that or Unnatural Selection which is on the deck. Ok. Selection can't be tutored and requires 1 mana... And... With Intruder Alarm the Changeling is better. I'm sold on that.
Diffusion Sliver - I prefer Root Sliver.
Clot Sliver - I was considering either Clot or Sedge Sliver. Sedge sounds better but it will have to depend on my ability to produce black mana. I need to playtest to check which I prefer. Sedge takes that slot for now.
Acidic Sliver - It's either this or Cautery Sliver... In a deck that might explode into infinite slivers, I might prefer Cautery.
Hibernation Sliver - It saves slivers, yes. It's on my sideboard from the start. I might add it, yes.
Ward Sliver - Taking the place of Shifting Sliver, yes.
Pulmonic Sliver - Is in right from the start.
Might Sliver - Might very well be added.
Fury Sliver - Bonescythe Sliver is better.
Hunter Sliver - Is on my maybe but am a bit unsure if I want to use it.
Crypt Sliver - Again, Sedge sounds better.
Yes, when you have the whole Magic spells available to you, cutting them to 100 cards (lands included) is a pain! This deck, although trying to make it fun will hardly ever see gameplay. When I show up a sliver deck my group will make a target. So I'll try to make it memorable for the few games where I bring it on. :)
4 months ago
M4RK0G91, I realize I never actually responded to your other thought:
"Oh, i wanted to ask you one thing: i know this is a EDH build, but i wanted your opinion about the Tiny Leader format. If you would ever build a TL sliver deck, what colors you would choose?"
I uh...realize this is like...months late so sorry about that. So what's my opinion of the Tiny Leader format? Well, I don't have a TL deck, nor have I played the format BUT the idea I have of the format is alot constant quick and cheap plays that over time add up and create interesting combos and synergies. I can see why you would consider creating a Sliver deck for that format. The only problem is that you won't have any big "Haymakers" if you will. Being restricted to CMC 3 seems like a real big challenge.
So, what colors would I choose to build a TL deck? Hmm....well lets assume I want to build a TL Sliver deck. What would be the ideal commander for me? Animar, Soul of Elements is a strong contender in my book. His secondary ability at the very least helps you cast more Slivers. On top of that, his color identity gives you access to Gemhide Sliver + Heart Sliver, and Venom + Striking Sliver. Additionally, i'd drop in Muscle Sliver + Predatory Sliver. So if it wasn't evident from all the previous card choices and synergies I pointed out, i'd make an aggro deck. Maybe call it "Animar, Soul of the Hive" or something like that.
Yeah. Sorry about the super late response. Thanks again for commenting!
4 months ago
4 months ago
Hey, man! I'm a great slivers fan. Awesome deck, but I have some thoughts:
Zendikar Resurgent is a different addition, but then again, I don't see why four.
Manabase needs a little work. If you can afford Ancient Ziggurat or even the Ixalan's check-lands, that would help a lot.
I suppose you're trying to keep it budget, but Collected Company is super bonkers with slivers.
Anyhow, I like your style. If you want some more tips, please ask. I've been into slivers for years now.