|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Amonkhet (AKH)||Mythic Rare|
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Kefnet the Mindful
Legendary Creature — God
Kefnet the Careful can't attack or block unless you have seven or more cards in hand.
: Draw a card. Then, you may return a land you control to its owner's hand.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Kefnet the Mindful Discussion
2 days ago
The basic idea behind the deck is to get Emrakul, the Aeons Torn / Urabrask the Hidden out via Tooth and Nail and attack the same turn. TnN is wished for with Fae of Wishes . With Fires of Invention and 7 mana in play, I can essentially cast Fae and TnN (with entwine) on the same turn to win. Growth Spiral , Hour of Promise , Oracle of Mul Daya , and Search for Tomorrow can get me to 7 mana fairly quickly.
65 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
3 weeks ago
Good morning, and thank you for the love that you gave the deck. I'm working on some more points for the accordion as we speak and you gave me a few more ideas for addition.
So, the area and venue I play in has a lot of hate toward my deck, and as such focuses me down a lot of the time. This has made the deck be more of a reactivate and adaptive style of deck. With this variant of Lazav I've found that I can wipe an opponent out turn 2 and I can grind out longer games by being reactive to the flow of the game.
- Diabolic Intent - I actually have a copy and had this in the deck for a long time. I cut it (reluctantly) because I found I had too few creatures on the field when it was in hand, for Scheming Symmetry . If budget allows you could also just run Imperial Seal . I plan on getting a copy for Christmas. Intent may be a card I would put back in later honestly though.
- Necropotence - I base a lot of the playstyle of my deck on Discard, Draw strategies and Necropotence is a BIG turn off for me. It is a powerhouse of a card, but I want my graveyard to be filled from my deck, hand, and field and I don't want to have to adjust a major style of play when this card is out.
- Mystic Remora - I'm going to just come out and say it. I'm a vain person that is very picky what cards I put in the deck, and I don't like the old-styled backgrounds. I didn't get Rhystic Study until the Judge Promo came out. I know, I know. So this comment will go for Necromancy as well. However I have never been a fan of the cumulative upkeep. I understand it's function as an early game deterrent , however when I choose an enchantment or artifact I think of the longevity of it all. How long will it be on the field. I don't want to put an age counter, pay the cost, then draw in to gas. Feels bad.
- Necromancy - So the reasoning you put for this card just seems like a trick to keep the card from getting exiled. My question to you is, why not just add another counterspell?
- Echo of Eons - I believe this is a card for a different style of deck. Niv-Mizzet, Parun possibly. If it was instant speed, I could definitely use it as a trick.
- Devastation Tide - So, the thing about D Tide is, you ALWAYS, ALWAYS want to know three things. 1. What's on the board, that's targeting you, your permanents, or your style of play. 2. How quickly your opponents can rebuild and. 3. How quickly you can rebuild. This was a card added early on to deal with my opponent's boards that were just, smashing me or turning my deck off completely. Either by Rest in Peace , Silent Gravestone or just beating my face in with creatures. With the aforementioned enchantments, the only thing the colors UB has is bounce and counter to deal with them. We're not in green or white to destroy or exile them. With the go wide or tall strategy of creatures it's easier to make them set up again. However you can combo D Tide with any Windfall esque effect and just get rid of it. Setting up the Miracle is fairly easy as well when we have Mystical Tutor , Vampiric Tutor and Scheming Symmetry .
- Key to the City - Key adds a lot of versatility. It throws a card in my hand like Phyrexian Dreadnought or Kefnet the Mindful that are otherwise useless to me if I have to cast them. If for some reason, you need it to you can have an opposing creature that's swinging at another opponent be unblockable. This is a major swing in our favor. Key also sets up the non-Lazav combo like Crackdown Construct and Basalt Monolith to get in unblocked. It also helps Lazav get in that extra swing when we don't have Invisible Stalker . These alone are good enough for the inclusion, let alone when it is untapped you may pay 2 and draw a card. Winning.
- Diabolic Intent - Putting in the Maybe section as it may find it's way back in the deck.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Without knowing the color identy of your deck or seeing your list it is very hard to help you but in blue I use these:
Rhystic Study obviously,
you can also use Kami of the Crescent Moon .
My friends also use these:
Hope that helps.
1 month ago
I know you're looking for non-wheel card draw. I don't love cantrips in EDH unless there is a number-of-spells-matters effect in play but they can smooth out a deck a bit. Ponder , Preordain , Portent , Sleight of Hand , Serum Visions , etc. The sweet spot in around 3-5 CMC for me, ideally drawing CMC -1 but there aren't a ton of spells that efficient. I don't love Divination in EDH (2 for 3) but it's the gold-standard in 60-card decks for a quickie hand refill. There are tons of efficient cards like Divination too.
There are a ton of "draw 3, discard 1" for 4 or 5 mana, which are okay. Sift , Trial of Knowledge , and Amass the Components , for example. Many are costed for being commons, which isn't where you wanna be in EDH. There should be plenty of good, efficient cards to draw from though. At the same time, you have a lot of great high-CMC draw, like Consecrated Sphinx and Thought Reflection, so having a few Divination effects might smooth out your draws.
Some suggestions: Concentrate , Windfall , Cathartic Reunion , Plea for Power , Tidings , Nin, the Pain Artist , Finale of Revelation , Mind Spring , Braingeyser , Stroke of Genius , Blue Sun's Zenith , Fact or Fiction , Chart a Course , Ugin's Insight , Treasure Cruise , Dig Through Time , Kumena's Awakening , Fevered Visions , Honden of Seeing Winds , Reverse Engineer , Read the Runes , Precognitive Perception , Distant Memories , Arcane Encyclopedia , Endless Atlas , Trail of Evidence , Theft of Dreams , Borrowing 100,000 Arrows , Nezahal, Primal Tide , Kefnet the Mindful , Cavalier of Gales , Combustible Gearhulk , Thassa, God of the Sea , Shared Discovery , Secrets of the Golden City , Vivisection , Weight of Memory , Recurring Insight , Breakthrough , Niv-Mizzet, Parun , Deep Analysis , Gush , Invoke the Firemind , Expansion / Explosion , Chandra, Flamecaller , Dragon Mage , Wild Guess , Tormenting Voice , Arch of Orazca , Runehorn Hellkite , Conqueror's Galleon Flip, Kraum, Ludevic's Opus , Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist , Commune with Lava .
3 months ago
That's quite helpful, IAmTheWraith though my followup question: how often do you need to deal with indestructible creatures? The only ones I've seen played in cEDH are Keranos, God of Storms (which rarely if ever becomes a creature), maybe Kefnet the Mindful , but I really struggle to see many other "targets"
You make a great case about its other effects, though.
5 months ago
I'd recommend adding a Kefnet the Mindful . He helps you draw cards and is also an indestructible blocker than can help you mill more cards. His ability also helps you reset certain lands like Bojuka Bog for repeated uses. You can also use it to use Minamo, School at Water's Edge 's ability twice in a turn (activate Minamo, return it to hand with Kefnet, play Minamo and activate it again).
5 months ago
Kefnet the Mindful occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%