Whenever a Forest is tapped for mana, its controller adds to his or her mana pool.
|Want (2)||abby315 , iggyboy456|
Printings View all
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Vernal Bloom occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Vernal Bloom Discussion
3 months ago
3 months ago
7 months ago
Omnath as main damage outlet (Go Tall)
- Plenty of creature based mana ramp from elves like Greenweaver Druid , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , and Oracle of Mul Daya as well as all the classic elf ramp cards like Llanowar Elves
- Mana ramp sorcery spells like Tempt with Discovery and Traverse the Outlands
- Increase Mana generation from each land per turn with cards like Doubling Cube , Vernal Bloom , Wilderness Reclamation , Bear Umbra , Caged Sun , and Nature's Will
- Increase the Mana generation from each tapped creature each turn from cards like Leyline of Abundance , and increase the amount of mana gained by having more elves with cards like Wirewood Channeler , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Priest of Titania , and Joraga Treespeaker .
- Increase both of the above with Seedborn Muse , which, along with Tempt with Discovery , only gets stronger the more opponents you have.
Elf synergy as secondary source of damage (Go Wide)
- Pump elves with other elves with help of cards like Elvish Archdruid , Elvish Champion , Ezuri, Renegade Leader Imperious Perfect , and Joraga Warcaller
- Elf token creation with cards with Elvish Promenade , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , and Imperious Perfect
Protection for both commander and high value Elves
- Basic equipment like Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and Whispersilk Cloak to slow down or stop removal
- Asceticism , Stonehoof Chieftain , Archetype of Endurance , and Vigor as creatures and enchantments to protect your board.
Win Condition enablers
- Helix Pinnacle to use up mana on if Omnath is ever about to be destroyed.
- Triumph of the Hordes for trample and infect for a fast win combines with other trample abilities from cards like Stonehoof Chieftain , and Ezuri, Renegade Leader to allow you to force damage through.
- Hydra's like Primordial Hydra and Hydra Broodmaster provide other mana outlets to instantly set up fast overwhelming armies.
7 months ago
@Profet93, actually Unstable Frontier does have some utility in this deck. You can use it with Arbor Elf to untap an nonbasic land such as Maze of Ith , Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx or Gaea's Cradle . Furthermore if Vernal Bloom or Nissa, Who Shakes the World is on the battlefield you could tap the Frontier to turn either Maze of Ith or Glacial Chasm into a forest which could then be used as ramp. These are only two very small interactions, but there are other green spells that can have interesting interactions with Unstable Frontier turning non-basic lands into forests such as Quirion Ranger who can also be used to effectively untap non-basic lands in tandem with the Frontier as well as bounce lands before they receive flood counters without the Unstable Frontier . Nothing too crazy, but not necessarily useless either.