|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Lore||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Beseech the Queen
( can be paid with any two mana or with . This card's converted mana cost is 6.)
Search your library for a card with converted mana cost less than or equal to the number of lands you control, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||ZombieFood , Roadhog , Paradise_Collectibles , MoJoMiXuP , Nightdragon779 , golgarigirl , sonnet666 , dplerner , abby315 , GoldGhost012 , Archegos , dexxter7|
|Want (4)||Turtlelover73 , Psycheretic , Auriel , pismy|
Beseech the Queen Discussion
2 days ago
2 days ago
Mana Crypt, Chrome Mox, Mox Diamond, Thran Dynamo, Gilded Lotus, Mana Vault, Burnished Hart, Toxic Deluge, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Phyrexian Tower, Sensei's Divining Top, Beseech the Queen, Hedron Archive, Greed, Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Entomb, Living Death, Buried Alive, Diabolic Intent, Death Cloud, Oppression, Black Market, Liliana of the Veil, Bojuka Bog, Ghost Quarter, Strip Mine, Wasteland, Attrition
3 days ago
Considering your description, I assume this is meant as a pillowfort deck. In case this is the case (lol), here are my recommendations:
- Aegis of the Gods; fantastic card to use until your Bruna/Gisela/Teeg combo hits the table.
- Grand Abolisher; an Abolisher a day, keeps the counterspells away.
- Linvala, Keeper of Silence; bit expensive but not as much as she used to be. No more activated abilities from enemy creatures.
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope or Soul of New Phyrexia; to protect everything on your board from targeted removal and destruction wipes.
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir; even worse than Grand Abolisher, now your opponents can't cast spells during their own upkeep or combat phases either. And as an added bonus, you can cast creatures anytime you want; even after your opponent has declared attackers!
- Melira, Sylvok Outcast; just in case your opponents like to use infect.
- Vigor; this is great in combat and even better against red damage spells that target multiple creatures.
- Sphere of Safety; great potential to be even nastier than Ghostly Prison.
- Leyline of Anticipation; almost as fun as Teferi.
- Crawlspace; very nice against token decks.
Whatever you decide to use, I sincerely hope you'll get of Entomb, Buried Alive and Jarad's Orders. First off, these cards are nice, but are better suited in a deck that's heavy on recursion. I'd replace them wih Diabolic Tutor, Beseech the Queen or if you have the money, Demonic Tutor and/or Vampiric Tutor. Second, you're using Ground Seal; this seems very counter-productive.
1 week ago
This looks like a blast to play! (and not play against lol). Just throwing a couple of ideas out there for you to consider.
I assume that Diabolic Intent often just works better in your deck than Demonic Tutor, but Demonic Tutor does seem more powerful than Beseech the Queen, unless I am missing something. Vampiric Tutor is also awesome.
You're playing a lot of tokens and AEther Snap seems like it would rot in your hand a lot since you don't want to nuke yourself. I see in the description that it does reset Infernal Darkness, but is it worth it?
Shizo, Death's Storehouse is always a great utility land in black. Just a few thoughts.
1 week ago
in case you read back here, did the following by cutting some of the creatures, sorcs, instants and enchantments:
- Drawpower: Necropotence and Phyrexian Arena
- Tutors: Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Tutor, Demonic Tutor, Beseech the Queen and Enlightened Tutor
- Creatures: Grand Abolisher, Rune-Scarred Demon and Stoneforge Mystic
- Artifacts: Dolmen Gate and Boros Signet
Think now I'm off to playtest that thing on MTGO :D
1 week ago
Soooooooooooo you are going to want a Cavern of Souls otherwise your commander is just going to get countered every time. She is that much of a threat that someone will hold a counterspell just for her.
Be prepared to run your deck WITHOUT her in a large group setting unless you can get the proper tools out to protect her. You're running black so you should be running ALL the tutors you can Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Beseech the Queen, Diabolic Intent, Rune-Scarred Demon to name a few. This will allow you to get some of your combo pieces (and give you something to do early game).
It's easy to think JUST angels, demons, dragons, but think of it as "kaalia's helpers" too. Things like Stoneforge Mystic and Grand Abolisher can help you get her out safely. Dolmen Gate is bonkers cuz it allows you to attack with kaalia with less fear.
This is a great first time EDH deck as there are a LOT of ways to play it. Once you iron out some of the standard "how can I effectively play this commander deck" you can get crazy with the themes. I think I ended up using her as my commander for a couple years when I first started playing the format because I could just remake the deck in one of three themes or a combination. I settled on a super heavy ETB theme in the end but I wonder what I would do now that I've played more...
With new cards out now what you have looks fresh and exciting. +1 for sure, enjoy all the hate that is about to come your way.
2 weeks ago
Because this deck wins through infect on your commander, I would highly suggest adding a tutor package. Vampiric Tutor, Demonic Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, Beseech the Queen, Shred Memory, and Cruel Tutor are a couple of options to get the cards you need.