|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Lore (V16)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Beseech the Queen
( can be paid with any two mana or with . This card's converted mana cost is 6.)
Search your library for a card with converted mana cost less than or equal to the number of lands you control, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||Supremespeed , ZombieFood , Roadhog , Paradise_Collectibles , MrCrazzyc , frederiklw , sonnet666 , dplerner , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , abby315 , MoJoMiXuP , golgarigirl , Archegos , GoldGhost012 , Big-Foot , dexxter7 , Vasbear1|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , pismy|
Beseech the Queen Discussion
3 days ago
For a wincon, this deck LOVES to run a bunch of creatures death triggers and then drop Blowfly Infestation for infinite deaths, and game. A few cards you might want for this include Blood Artist, Grave Pact (not game but it certainly sways the game in your favor), and Zulaport Cutthroat. Obelisk Spider does that too, which you already have.
Also, Beseech the Queen is a wonderful tutor and Necropotence is arguably the best draw engine you have available to you, Id suggest adding those, not to mention maybe an Oracle of Mul Daya, just because its that good.
4 days ago
Cards that I don't like:
Darkwater Catacombs | In a turn 4/5 build, it's too slow. Basically useless in some situations and opposite of mana fixing
Fetid Pools | Enters tapped needs strong abilities, maybe turn 8 cycling would be good, but in a Turn 4/5 build, it's not a turn 1 through 4 land so shouldn't be in there
Great Furnace | I think you can fetch , a single on Turn 1 though 4 is terrible
Tolaria West | Great land, but what does it tutor for you that's a combo card, Mana Crypt is ok, but none of your combos are land based, I wouldn't run this. If you needed to fetch a specific land for a combo would be ok.
I would go down 1 net land to 36 as well.
Devastation Tide | Miracle is too random, want to control your spells not have them control you. And it's a sorcery, as an instant it would be ok.
Cryptic Command has a pretty High CMC with , it's instant so it's better than some of the other sorcery/creatures, but could be a problem. It's VERY good card though, I would keep it worth the hard casting cost.
Scroll Rack mana sponges, it's too random, and too slow for turn 4/5 deck
Tolaria West go down a land!
Tunnel Vision (when used to tutor) >> Mizzix's Mastery! (Downside is it misses Omniscience so need something it can hit to put a card from graveyard into hand, best would be a card like that with flashback) OR Tunnel Vision >> Yawgmoth's Will. If it discards a Past in Flames get a couple shots. I think Kess, Dissident Mage can cast the Overload cost from the graveyard for Mizzix's Mastery too if you do get it looking for the Yawgmoth's Will which then cast the Yawgmoth's Will.
Summary: Harder to tutor items (Enchantment) should be priorities, Necropotence or Omniscience. Kess, Dissident Mage let's you recast and pull another item in most cases to finish the combo Omniscience + Enter the Infinite, lots of tutors pull Show and Tell for you.
Capture of Jingzhou and Temporal Manipulation are good too, but not necessary, you're really just trying to combo win with Show and Tell + Omniscience + Enter the Infinite would focus on getting there.
Frantic Search is better if you have a way to recur-it, like a Nivix Guildmage, but it does give you more control on the discard. The problem arises when you only have 1 card in hand, becomes the same issue I'm sure you experience with the Scroll Rack.
Dreadbore could just be another tutor that pulls Hero's Downfall they do the same thing anyway (or a Yawgmoth's Will if you need to recast Hero's Downfall and have used Kess, Dissident Mage. And it's a sorcery (YUCK)
You need the Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots for Phage the Untouchable and Laboratory Maniac. You could lose the Swiftfoot Boots since you do have Artifact tutors, but I bet they are pulling mana sources not boots.
Temporal Extortion could be wasted spell, since i doubt your doing the extra damage, but in multi-player perhaps it may resolve due to politics.
Time Warp could come out too if needed, high CMC extra turns. Useful for mid-range play though.
Need to research a way to bring a card from graveyard to hand, if it has flashback, that would be AMAZING!
2 weeks ago
Vines of Vastwood or more fittingly Hapatra's Mark both protect critical componenents of your combo and one can be used defensively to block if needed for a trample attack after being kicked. also Ranger's Guile. blasting station isnt that great for the persist deck as it taps and is only usable once per turn. 3 weaknesses to your deck combo. Viscera Seer, Melira, Sylvok Outcast, Bloodthrone Vampire all can be removed quite easily from a cheap 1 cost red instant/sorcery or black kill card, or a blue/white exile or a green/red must fight/block card; and also creature abilities that deal just one damage. Cauldron Haze is another alternative to the hexproof approach. id drop 1 redcap. its not your only win con if you have a trample instant too any card like Bloodthrone Vampire + Unnatural Predation . more dimir houseguard also = more redcap tutoring. life isnt as important so id slide away a couple finks too. drop one seer for a throne vampire. memory shred isnt good, use more house guards in its place, the fear is good against non artifact/black decks if you have those kicked hexproof cards on it. or even Mutagenic Growth for free if you have the spare life. Beseech the Queen Sounds good but you need at least 3 black mana to get out and you also need 1 green mana for your anti poison (-1/-1) creature. (the outcast) Eldritch Evolution would be a better subout to bump the cards you need and doesnt hinder your critical card the outcast card, in regards to mana synergy. if pricing are no challenge for cards.
(suggested card not coming up Unnatural Predation just so the program suggests it too)
sorry for the long rant, those are just ways i see holes personally, and i could very well be wrong on a lot of it. Good Luck. I like the idea.
3 weeks ago
Street Wraith and Serum Powder are good because with a good opening hand, this deck can easily win on turn two. Myr Superion makes a nice back up plan with Heartless Summoning. Beseech is just a cheap tutor that can usually get any of your combo pieces. Workshop Assistant works as a stand in for Myr Retriever if you get two Summonings online.
4 weeks ago
I have a deck with the same politics and voting theme and I found these to be pretty on theme
1 month ago
Mono-black hate, like it +1
Mono-black has the best tutors so I would definitely utilize it. With them, you can generate the perfect answers when people start to focus you because of all the hate.
1 month ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
1 month ago
Lost Legacy is a good card, but has 3 problems:1) It's sorcery, not instant such as Extirpate or Surgical Extraction.2) Costs 3 mana (but this isnt a real drawback).3) Although it makes me exile what I don't need, it makes me draw cards. This means I can't use it on apostles cause i'll lose the match due to the fact i can't afford to draw 25 cards all in one turn. (consider 25 apostles + 3 lands (not fetching them, or you have to count them doubled) + 1 lost legacy + other 1/2 cards in hand + 1 card draw per upkeep in hand for a total of 33 cards, minimum, out of my library before drawing 25. It's a risk). Although it is very useful after you have removed all apostles with a Surgical Extraction or an Extirpate,the mana cost and the type (sorcery) make it a less desiderable card.