Creature — Plant Centaur
Centaur Vinecrasher enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the number of land cards in all graveyards.
Whenever a land card is put into a graveyard from anywhere, you may pay . If you do, return Centaur Vinecrasher from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Centaur Vinecrasher Discussion
1 month ago
Fun deck, Centaur Vinecrasher is amazing in there. I was wondering, why the Alhammerret's Archive?
1 month ago
My bad, I didn't see Splendid Reclamation in your list. In regards to Crop Rotation, while it's true you don't have a specific land to search for, it still helps out Centaur Vinecrasher and Terravore (if you run it). It will also trigger Omnath, Locus of Rage and Rampaging Baloths at instant speed which can't be overlooked. Also, Growth Spasm might be an option. It only finds one land, but the eldrazi scion can block and act as a pseudo-land.
3 months ago
Like I haven't built the deck and played it yet because I am just wanting a tad more feedback on what I should potentially add or take out before I truly build it to make it as good as I possibly can however Jolrael, Empress of Beasts turns lands into creatures so my main path is to ramp like a madman (hence the above average land count for the deck), I turns all my lands (or opponents) into 3/3 creatures so not only can I get mana quick but also creatures. The problem comes in with the discard 2 cards to do it however with enough draw and things like Crucible of Worlds, Groundskeeper, and Splendid Reclamation I can just ditch lands which aren't exactly a major loss of resources for this deck (I honestly could put Centaur Vinecrasher since he's pure jank with that strategy). Also because I have a lot of lands I can go another route with doubling, tripling, or quadrupling as well as untapping and retapping my mana and using Omnath, Locus of Mana and/or Helix Pinnacle as alt-wincons.
Other fun jank is leaving mana open to hose the boardwipes or even to Powder Keg someone's lands with Jolrael, Empress of Beasts or to a small extent Kamahl, Fist of Krosa which I can use things like Eternal Witness and Nissa, Vital Force to return it back.
3 months ago
Since you're running Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord as a backup wincon, have you considered adding + ? All you'd need is the druid and Quillspike in your GY with Necrotic Ooze or if the GY hate is too strong via Leyline of the Void/Planar Void/Rest in Peace just those two on the field could work where Centaur Vinecrasher cannot.
4 months ago
Since Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord has that sweet reanimate ability by sacrificing a Forest and a Swamp, you could add some cards that abuse lands in your graveyard.
Centaur Vinecrasher is another really great card. He's proved to be explosive for me on turn 4-6.
I can't recommend Worm Harvest enough. You can cast it infinitely from your graveyard as long as you have a land to dump, and it gives you lots of tokens for sacrificing.
You can also check out my list (Meren's Grave Shenanigans) for any suggestions. I have a few cards to acquire yet, but I'm happy with its performance.
4 months ago
I had a look at your list. Overall I think your list is a very fun selection of cards! And Karametra seems like a commander with a lot of different possible directions. I had a bunch of thoughts that you can consider for your list:
- It seems like your mana curve could be improved: as you have 2 spikes instead of one curve. When going forward, improving your curve could be a key criterion when choosing to add or remove cards.
- I would remove Scute Mob, as a vanilla 5/5 is not going to do much in EDH imo, even for 1 mana. Also mentor of the meek, as you run very few creatures with a toughness of 2 or less. Might replace that with another creature that draws you cards like Regal Force
- I would add some more creature cards that you can cast multiple times to trigger Karametra more often, like Stonecloaker, Centaur Vinecrasher and World Breaker.
Then I have these 2 themes that I think might fit Karametra nicely:
- Ever considered running Knight of the Reliquary and other land tutors to apply control to the game via your lands? Those cards can get you all kind of solutions via Kor Haven, Maze of Ith, Strip Mine, Homeward Path and so forth. Might give your deck an extra way to get you out of nasty situations while sticking to a land theme.
- Another direction you could take this deck is playing more creatures that provide you answers (instead of your current non-create hate cards) like Duplicant, Bane of Progress, Angel of Finality, Sunblast Angel to increase the creature synergy with Karametra. You could combine that with a bunch of creature tutors like Worldly Tutor to have a toolbox aspect to the deck.
Hope there are some thoughts there that match with your vision for your deck. GL with it!
5 months ago
so i made some changes today to my deck i put in 11 new cards and took out 11 cards. i adjusted it in my deck list but here is the rundown:
5 months ago
Has anyone suggested Mesmeric Orb yet? each untap causes a seperate trigger of mill one causing metric tons of drawing on your turn, and shoving lands in your opponents grave for Centaur Vinecrasher making him truly a monster to be dealt with also a really great way to abuse Splendid Reclamation even more then you already are