|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Tap: Remove the bottom card of target player's graveyard from the game.
(1), Sacrifice Phyrexian Furnace: Remove target card in a graveyard from the game. Draw a card.
Phyrexian Furnace Discussion
1 year ago
it's a bit ironic to assemble the Avengers (aka The Gatewatch) to help to construct a Bolas-deck, but nevertheless here are my ideas:
First of all, I would discard :) the whole Nekusar-wheel-theme. Nekusar, the Mindrazer decks just do it better anyways and playing Wheel of Fortune, Reforge the Soul, Jace's Archivist or Windfall in your deck has some drawbacks. While they're great to enable your plan of using the opponents' graveyards, your decks' cmc is not low enough to exploit those cards. Additionally, your opponents would get a significant amount of cards out of it, too, which also undermines the whole handcontrol theme of your deck: What's the matter of making them discard through Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip, when you're helping them to refill their hands the next turn? Cards like Megrim, Liliana's Caress or Fell Specter would have to go as well because they're only effective with the aforementioned cards.
So my proposal is to focus on discard and control. Cards like Painful Quandary, The Eldest Reborn, Waste Not, Oppression and Chains of Mephistopheles fit well and should stay. You could add Skull Rend or Liliana's Specter. You could also add cards that let your commander re-enter the battlefield like Ghostly Flicker. Some ninjas like Silent-Blade Oni or Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni do not only fit your theme but let you cast your commander again.
You have to strengthen your control over the graveyards when you're making people discard. The Scarab God is already good here. But you need some more graveyard-hate like Relic of Progenitus or Phyrexian Furnace which give you a bit of a choice what to exile. Don't play Leyline of the Void in here.
So far I mentioned 8 cards which should be cut, so here are 22 more: Kess, Dissident Mage, Nightveil Specter, Mind's Dilation, Omniscience, Torment of Hailfire, Disrupt Decorum, Entreat the Dead, Anvil of Bogardan, Go for the Throat, Blasphemous Act, Stunning Reversal, Thrilling Encore, Leyline of Anticipation (most of the permanents don't have to be played at instant speed. Casting leyline is just doing nothing for the turn), Bloodchief Ascension, Countersquall, Desertion, Preordain, Thoughtseize, Library of Leng, Disciple of Bolas, Hour of Devastation, Tormenting Voice.
That's all for now. Good luck with your deck!
1 year ago
- Any cmc 0 artifact or artifact creature + sac outlet + any creature that returns artifacts from graveyard or battlefield to hand.
- Lotus Petal + Restoration Specialist/Salvage Scout + sac outlet = infinite loops. Do this with Blasting Station/Altar of Dementia/Altar of the Brood on the table and you win.
- If you have Mishra's Bauble or Urza's Bauble as your cmc 0 artifact to recur but no win con in hand you can loop both indefinitely to draw as many cards as you want on your opponents next upkeep. If Spellbook is out on the table there is no punishment for hand size reduction (buzz off jin gitaxis!). If you have to discard to a wheel you still have access to looping creatures from the graveyard by playing Teshar, Ancestor’s Apostle + any artifact on the next turn.
- Oblation on your own permanent, Ichor Wellspring, cycling Forsake the Worldly, all will draw you cards in a pinch.
- Probably best way to draw a ton of cards on your turn is to have a mana combo going and abuse it with something like Phyrexian Furnace or Scrabbling Claws, paying 1 extra each time you sac them in order to draw until you find what you need.
- If you are using Filigree Familiar as your recurrable creature be careful. The card draw is not a may ability so you can deck yourself if you get over zealous!
- Recur Burnished Hart. If you have any kind of mana combo and insert this in you can typically get all the lands you want out on the field.
- Knight of the White Orchid as a recurrable creature will get you lands into play untapped
- Recur Solemn Simulacrum via Myr Retriever or Junk Diver and Ashnod's Altar/Krark-Clan Ironworks. (Also gives you card draw.)
- Infinite mana into a Walking Ballista
- Storm with an Aetherflux Reservoir out/have soul warden out and recur creatures until you have infinite life then play the reservoir.
- Have Blasting Station or Altar of Dementia as your sac outlet for looping
- Have Ashnod's Altar or Krark-Clan Ironworks out as your sac outlet with Altar of the Brood on the board.
1 year ago
Hey,I also have a Sakaschima Deck and it's my favorit deck to play.
Here some tips from me after playing my deck over 2 years.
I love so called "toolboxes" Cards that find the right cards. Mine are Trinket Mage, Muddle the Mixture and Tezzeret the Seeker . So I can find the card that I need.Some good enchantment well I can get Steal Enchantment with transmute or need some graveyard hate? Well just get Phyrexian Furnace with your Mage. You know the stories.
You already run Snow-Covered Island so try Mouth of Ronom. Blue doesn't have the best creature removel so this helps sometimes.
Just be carefull. If you play this deck too much, you might don't want to play any other deck.
2 years ago
Graveyard hate, eh? Burn Away do anything for you? if not, I recommend Mudhole for lands, Cranial Archive for card draw, Phyrexian Furnace is cheap but slow, Thran Foundry, and Watchers of the Dead seem like good choices to sub in. as for cuts, if you feel Vicious Shadows over preforms, then leave it in, but I just don't see how. It's trigger can be mitigated by having a low hand count. Shefet Monitor also could be cut.
All in all, I love your deck, commander needs more beat-down decks like this one rather than the tier 1 combo-crud that's been hitting my meta recently.
2 years ago
Salvaging Station package including Wayfarer's Bauble, Pyxis of Pandemonium, Tormod's Crypt cantrips Chromatic Sphere, Chromatic Star, Barbed Sextant, Lodestone Bauble, Mishra's Bauble, Implement of Ferocity, Phyrexian Furnace/Scrabbling Claws, Scroll of Griselbrand, Terrarion, Urza's Bauble spellbombs Horizon Spellbomb, Lifespark Spellbomb, Necrogen Spellbomb, Nihil Spellbomb
Sylvan Scrying and and Crop Rotation are significantly worse without Gaea's Cradle, Dryad Arbor and Ancient Tomb (Temple of the False God should do a decent impression. The grindy Crucible of Worlds package would be better suited to a staxier gameplan
2 years ago
Relic of Progenitus, anyone? Sure it's not great, but it's got a sweeper option in case things go bad.
Phyrexian Furnace might also be good.
3 years ago
Cloud Key custa a sua vida
Helm of Awakening diminui o custo de todas as spells, nao so as suas, parece ser bem ruim.
Mindslaver e muito caro tambem, nao sei se vale a pena.
Necrogen Spellbomb e so ruim mesmo kkk.
Sculpting Steel muito caro, nao vale a pena.
Time Sieve alem de caro e ruim kkkkk.
Voltaic Key e mais pra combo, nao sei se vale ficar dando untap em coisas aleatorias.
eu gosto de Behold the Beyond mas dificilmente isso e bom numa estrategia que nao usa o graveyard, mas bom, e barato, rola de testar.
Gruesome Slaughter parece ruim kk
voce nao tem instant ou sorcery o bastante pro Archeomancer fazer algo util. Ele e ruim num build onde tem muitas coisas pra pegar de volta, imagina em um que quase nao tem.
Colossus of Akros e ruim kkkkk
Eldrazi Mimic nao presta aqui.
Etched Champion e cara por causa de modern, mas nao e boa em edh.
Hurkyl's Recall e muito caro e toscamente especifico contra a sharuum, nao vale a pena.
e voce precisa de mais lands que 32 kkkk
No data for this card yet.