|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell. If an artifact or creature spell is countered this way, put that card onto the battlefield under your control instead of into its owner's graveyard.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||Famicomania , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , jhTheMan99 , , Supremespeed , golgarigirl , mazrimtaim , NobleSlay3r , HR19 , ironax , Benniator , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , xXThormentXx , Ellyreia , Nemesis , miracle , firemind12|
|Want (3)||mlouden03 , xpsychovampx , Grantley91|
19 hours ago
1 week ago
Hey there, I'd just like to suggest Volrath's Shapeshifter. I'm a big fan of it in general(it's really powerful in dimir) but if you're running Phage anyway it's pretty hilarious. I'm suprised you're not running Animate Dead, Necromancy etc. Dimir does the reanimate thing better than most and it might be worth looking at. I'd cut some of the cutesy stuff like Memory Plunder, Desertion etc for them personally.
2 weeks ago
OK, now for cuts:
- Howl of the Horde is only really good in a deck that youre going to be attacking a lot. 3 mana for a Fork is too much here.
- Talrand's Invocation likewise doesnt do a lot. 4 mana for 2 2/2 fliers is bad in EDH, and 6 mana for 4 2/2 fliers with Riku isnt great either.
- Telemin Performance just doesnt do a lot.
- world of war is also mainly only good in attacking decks, and most of your win conditions are combos.
- Fabricate is good, but you dont have a lot of artifacts that are critical to your deck.
- Chandra, the Firebrand is also pretty much a 4-mana Fork, which still isnt great here.
- Desertion is good, but its just too much mana for a counterspell.
- Hinder was mainly used when the tuck rule was still in effect, where you couldnt return you commander to the command zone if it got put into your deck somehow. Now, its become outdated. Same with Spell Crumple.
- Increasing Vengeance is good, and could very well belong here, but Im not a huge fan.
- Counterflux, Plasm Capture, Void Shatter and Voidslime are also fairly expensive for counterspells in a deck that isnt hard-control.
- Manalith is too easily outclassed by other mana rocks.
- Archaeomancer is possibly too much mana for the effect. This one is more of a personal preference, but it could very well belong here. Im just not a huge fan.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon is also too much mana for too little reward.
In case you didn't notice, there's a little bit of a theme with the above cards. None of them are bad cards, but in most cases, you're spending too much mana for an effect you can get much cheaper with another card. Or, some of them just don't belong in the typical Riku build.
Well, in any case, thats all I have for now. If youd like some other comments (perhaps youd rather not run so many infinite combos), feel absolutely free to comment on my wall again; Id be happy to make another pass. Enjoy!
3 weeks ago
I am currently rebuilding my previously pirate deck and building one using Admiral Beckett Brass. Loving this to look at.
Rishadan Brigand - was one of my favorite pirates.. if you are playing with alot of opponents, may work. Otherwise, there are definitely better ones.
Treasure Map goes great with the Production and Revel.
Rogue's Passage - It will get a creature through each turn, though at an expensive cost.
Desertion - A pretty good thematic counter for pirates.
Other than those suggestions, can I ask why there are so many Tutors?
As well Belbe's Portal? The average cost of your Pirates is 2.96 mana, seems pricey just to be able to flash them in, is there something I'm missing?
1 month ago
All of the following suggestions are purely pirate-themed, not actual usefulness.
Gamble Favorite pastime I hear
Reassembling Skeleton Pirates always have a few skeletons around
Expedition Map need to know where we're going
Jar of Eyeballs in case we lose one
1 month ago
True. I make Zur decks every once in awhile. I make and destroy at least 2 decks a week. I had a good Zur Stax deck but I took replaced it with a Kami of the Crescent Moon deck; complete opposites but I'm bad at sharing combos. I know how it feels though, to a have a super refined deck, it sucks sometimes, with no room for janky cards like Kefnet's Last Word and Smokestack. If I were to imitate this deck I would replace all the pricey counterspells like with Desertion and Spell Crumple (or that card that does the same thing). The only advice I actually have for you is to have infinite combos like Deadeye Navigator + Palinchron + Arcaeomancer to get infinite mana then infinite spells from your graveyard; also Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter but it's up to you how you want to win.
1 month ago
hetwiel Hey! I love seeing another Talrand user. You should cut the following...
Gifts Ungiven - banned
Its more than 15 cards so you can decide which one or 2 you want to save. A lot of them are just bad or don't support you as much as other cards can.
If you want some more ideas, feel free to check out my deck Tisk Tisk Talrand for a competitive version of Talrand
2 months ago
First, all permanents owned by the player leaving the game gets removed from play.
Then all spells and abilities that were owned by that player are removed from the stack.
Following that all permanents the player controlled due to control changing effects have the control changing effect end (anything that says gain control of target ____) end, and go back to its last controller if they had one.
Then all other permanents that player controls are exiled. So permanents you got from another player that was not already a permanent in play (through Bribery, Acquire, Desertion, Beacon of Unrest, etc.)