|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dwarf Artificer
, Sacrifice Restoration Specialist: Return up to one target artifact card and up to one target enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.
|Have (3)||frederiklw , , acbooster|
|Want (17)||kovellen , Yoshi400x7 , Poggy , PUfelix85 , Talonisnthavingit , Slymaster9 , ray3003 , TotalSundae , TheFanatic , Awuztein , LordTsukune , FunPheonix , AgentHellboy , L15mrz3k , Dreydor , playerPresky , bigblue32123|
Restoration Specialist Discussion
2 days ago
Howzit AtrusOfMyst! Thanks for the comment and upvote!
Endrek Sahr is a nice token mechine but the cmc is too high, and I don't really run enough creature spells to really take advantage of him.
SynergyBuild I definitely considered it. Two problems: it costs a lot over time, and if Elenda is under it and it gets blown up, she stays in exile forever(see updated text on gatherer), which is the same reason I don't have Mimic Vat , a personal favorite.
For those interested:
I am testing out/thinking of adding the following cards: Costly Plunder , Utter End , Fumigate , Viscera Seer , Remember the Fallen , Restoration Specialist , and Scavenger Grounds . Any cuttable cards you see? Thanks for reading!
1 week ago
Argivian Find , Auramancer , Restoration Specialist . Auramancer and Specialist don't have to tap to recur and are good with creature reanimation/recursion such as Reveillark , Sun Titan , Phyrexian Reclamation , etc. Sun Titan can reanimate 3 CMC or less enchantments.
1 week ago
I don't know what kind of group you play with so I'm going to make a bunch of general sugestions.
- First off, you might benefit from some instant speed removal. Path to Exile Swords to Plowshares etc.
- Similar to above counterspells will help protect you enchanted creature and stop problems from hitting the board.
- If you do not like counterspells perhaps Brave the Elements effects or things like Valorous Stance or Sheltering Light etc.
- Board wipes are also useful in stopping decks that go wide from getting out of hand.
- If you want to keep your removal enchantment based Prison Term is good and you go further into Pacifism efects and/or Oblivion Ring effects.
- Idyllic Tutor and Plea for Guidance are a couple tutors to consider.
- Sram, Senior Edificer is another enchantress effect for auras.
- Some artifact ramp to speed your deck up could be good. Primarily 2 cmc rocks to play before your general. ex. Sol Ring Azorius Signet Talisman of Progress Fellwar Stone
- If you don't like the mana rock idea perhaps you could hate on other peoples. ex. Stony Silence Kataki, War's Wage Aura of Silence
- Sun Titan , Restoration Specialist , and Retether provide some more recursion.
- Sigarda's Aid is a staple in aura/equipment based decks.
- You seem to have most of the auras I like in the deck already but a few to consider are Flickering Ward , Gryff's Boon , Shielded by Faith , and Battle Mastery
- It might be worth branching into equipment for utility, Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots add some much needed haste.
- Last but not least Bastion Protector is good at both protecting your general and upping his power.
Hopefully some of this is helpful.
1 month ago
Hey, very nice first draft.
Skullclamp is busted with Teysa and creatures who give you tokens when they die. Most of my suggestions are to get more out of Skullclamp. They will also help to decrease the avg. CMC which is high at 3.5. A creature who creates token when it ETB or dies combos with Altar + Deathmantle to give you unlimited die triggers and tokens.
- Enlightened Tutor or Open the Armory : tutor for Clamp. Enlightened can tutor for Tithe which is busted ramp on the battlefield in the early game or Riches to win the game.
- Doomed Traveler : with Teysa and Clamp draw 12 cards, three different equips.
- Hunted Witness : same as Traveler.
- Thought Vessel : two drop mana rock and no maximum hand size.
- Restoration Specialist : recur an artifact and an enchantment.
- Buried Alive : helps to setup combo Karmic + Lark + Cutthroat + Seer/Feeder. Get all these pieces in the graveyard for Lark to reanimate.
- Carrion Feeder : one mana, no mana cost sac. Combos with Karmic + Lark to give Feeder unlimited counters/power.
- Solemn Simulacrum : combos with Karmic + Lark + sac outlet for unlimited draw and put all basic lands onto the battlefield.
- Nether Traitor : 1 toughness and can be reanimated.
- Anguished Unmaking or Vindicate
- Day of Judgment
- Living Death
- Reliquary Tower : no maximum hand size, good when drawing a lot of cards with Clamp.
- Concealed Courtyard
- High Market : sac outlet.
- Buried Ruin : recur Skullclamp, Altar or Deathmantle.
Cards to consider cutting. All cards here are good, but some are redundant, have a high CMC or can be upgraded:
- Orzhov Locket
- Boreas Charger
- Priest of Forgotten Gods
- Utter End
- Yosei, the Morning Star
- Butcher of Malakir
- Harvester of Souls
- Ogre Slumlord
- Sifter of Skulls
- Sadistic Hypnotist
- Kaya's Wrath
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
For card draw in white you can use generic deck thinners to instead improve the quality of draws. Secluded Steppe , Drifting Meadow for example. Gift of Estates or Land Tax , Strata Scythe , Sword of the Animist options. Seer's Sundial , Mentor of the Meek , Tamiyo's Journal , Sea Gate Wreckage , Loreseeker's Stone actually draw stuff.
1 month ago
Suggested card replacements!
maybe cut 2 mana rocks in addition to the earlier notes I provided.
The warhammer gives lifelink, super! Gut shot is nice cause you can fix your life total before switching 1, point for casting or 2, or 3 points if you target yourself for free.
Same drop slot and you stop opponents being able to manipulate their own life total by playing creatures.
Too slow, and necrologia lets you draw a bunch of cards.
Again, you don't want them to fix their own life total themselves. Blood celebrant lets you fix your own and fixes mana, so good.
I know you like the multiplayer discard, but I think vexing devil is better in this slot.
This is really up to you, I like the idea of trading life for creature removal but your mileage may vary.
You run way too many tech enchantments that you want to be able to get back.
Just a strict upgrade IMO.
cut basics? I like them because you can bring your life down, fix mana, cheat things out, and get instants back into your deck...
1 month ago
Wow, Ta11Man, great suggestions! I've replaced Tragic Poet with Restoration Specialist - I think the higher CMC is worth the speed and versatility. I'll be testing with my online playgroup soon. Hidden Stockpile seems like it might be worth it - I've added 1x. I'm a little less confident with it because it really only makes other spells better - that is - it's essentially a dead card without the right conditions, and with the right conditions, I'm probably already doing pretty well. I also added a couple w/b dual lands, but I do want to note that I can sacrifice Treasure tokens to create black mana if I want/need to - while not ideal, so far in playtesting, I've been able to generate plenty of tokens. Like 30+. I considered adding Revel in Riches , too, but decided that was really whole different deck, and so I threw together a separate build to explore that as a wincon. The other thing about splashing black is I'm already running very basic lands - most of the mana-base is colorless utlity. So there's not a lot of room to add another color. But I'm excited to see how it goes!!
I also considered Anointed Procession already, and included it in another build, too. I added 1x here, and am considering it as a sort of half-clone of Smothering Tithe , but also recognize it's very contingent on already have a Smothering Tithe in play - again, this is a card that doesn't do anything to help me win without conditions being met, and those conditions already offer sufficient win-ability. The only suggestion I really didn't get was Evra, Halcyon Witness . So far, I haven't been able to gain a lot of life with this deck and at 6 CMC, I think I'd probably go with an Angel that at least had flying? Maybe I'm missing something?
1 month ago
Also Restoration Specialist might be way better than Tragic Poet depending on who you're up against. I also think that splashing black just for cranial plating's activated ability is way worth it. You can swing 5 thopters and move the cranial plating onto an unblocked one at the last moment. If you were going to splash black, Hidden Stockpile would really help you too.
Restoration Specialist occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%