|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Target player exiles a card from their graveyard
, Sacrifice Scrabbling Claws: Exile target card from a graveyard. Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Scrabbling Claws Discussion
1 month ago
Please link all cards in your question using double brackets.
1 month ago
If you are going to go with mostly Eldrazi as creatures you should add some more artifacts, as you really want to be able to maximize saheeli's second ability since its both her best ability and the one that synergizes with the Eldrazi.
Creatures Add Bane of Bala Ged Meteor Golem Myr Battlesphere Pilgrim's Eye Solemn Simulacrum Burnished Hart Endbringer Ulamog's Crusher Soul of New Phyrexia (maybe) Barrage Tyrant (maybe) Remove Thopter Engineer Other Daretti, Scrap Savant Fabricate Thirst for Knowledge Propaganda Remove Mystic Remora
2 months ago
muldrotha decks are usually 100% offline when muldrotha isnt in play, easiest to counterspell or remove him and/or his protection
muldrotha decks scoop to rest in peace. enchantment removal doesnt matter when he doesnt have a graveyard to play cards from.
muldrotha only dominates LGS when nobody in the LGS runs graveyard hate. and everyone should be regardless of muldrotha.
you and your local playgroup simply dont run enough removal and hose effects. change that.
5 months ago
It's not easy to conciliate the cards you are showing. I tried and i hope i can give you some help. I believe you should try to keep the battlefield clear from your enemy's threats (im thinking of creatures mostly, or do better and study possible decks you might face). In my case i changed the aggro format, to keep more options on sidedeck.
In case you accept this change i imagine you will answer well to your enemy cards, then you can try to cast your cards either from your hand or graveyard. More precisely, these are the creatures i was thinking of: Butcher Ghoul, Dread Wanderer or Gravecrawler; and cast Lord of the Accursed and Indulgent Tormentor with Unburial Rites or some other reanimation card like Exhume or Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip. You can discard these last creatures either with Cryptbreaker or Zombie Infestation (which i think may do better, just try to keep some lands in hand after you have more than 4 lands in play just to keep using the enchantment ability).
I thought of Indulgent Tormentor because you can draw more cards, but you might want to try an hardcore zombie of your preference.
But, for example, if you go against an burn deck with no creature surely would be hard to win.
About maybeboard i thought of Rotting Rats, just because with it you can try to run down your enemy strategy close to zero, however it escapes the tempo of the deck a bit.
Hope i helped, zombies are really fun to play, the possibilities almost never run out. Good luck.
5 months ago
- Any cmc 0 artifact or artifact creature + sac outlet + any creature that returns artifacts from graveyard or battlefield to hand.
- Lotus Petal + Restoration Specialist/Salvage Scout + sac outlet = infinite loops. Do this with Blasting Station/Altar of Dementia/Altar of the Brood on the table and you win.
- If you have Mishra's Bauble or Urza's Bauble as your cmc 0 artifact to recur but no win con in hand you can loop both indefinitely to draw as many cards as you want on your opponents next upkeep. If Spellbook is out on the table there is no punishment for hand size reduction (buzz off jin gitaxis!). If you have to discard to a wheel you still have access to looping creatures from the graveyard by playing Teshar, Ancestor’s Apostle + any artifact on the next turn.
- Oblation on your own permanent, Ichor Wellspring, cycling Forsake the Worldly, all will draw you cards in a pinch.
- Probably best way to draw a ton of cards on your turn is to have a mana combo going and abuse it with something like Phyrexian Furnace or Scrabbling Claws, paying 1 extra each time you sac them in order to draw until you find what you need.
- If you are using Filigree Familiar as your recurrable creature be careful. The card draw is not a may ability so you can deck yourself if you get over zealous!
- Recur Burnished Hart. If you have any kind of mana combo and insert this in you can typically get all the lands you want out on the field.
- Knight of the White Orchid as a recurrable creature will get you lands into play untapped
- Recur Solemn Simulacrum via Myr Retriever or Junk Diver and Ashnod's Altar/Krark-Clan Ironworks. (Also gives you card draw.)
- Infinite mana into a Walking Ballista
- Storm with an Aetherflux Reservoir out/have soul warden out and recur creatures until you have infinite life then play the reservoir.
- Have Blasting Station or Altar of Dementia as your sac outlet for looping
- Have Ashnod's Altar or Krark-Clan Ironworks out as your sac outlet with Altar of the Brood on the board.
8 months ago
I recently sleeved up a similar list now that GB has Blooming Marsh. Would love to compare notes. In my opinion colorless lands like Sea Gate Wreckage and Arena are too tough on the mana. I had to add multiple Twilight Mire just to make a basic forest work.
11 months ago
Step one get Combo by having it... drawing in to it by Worldly Tutor or Green Sun's Zenith.
Why Run 20 normal Mana = because meh... you can fix mana on your own... also cost
Combos that win:Melira, Sylvok Outcast
Vizier of Remedies
+ Devoted Druid = All the mana
Melira, Sylvok Outcast + Vizier of Remedies + Phyrexian Altar + Presist = All the mana
All the mana win = Walking Ballista
Side board Things = Mana Ramp + removal + hex proof
Hex Proof Protect the combo...
Blossoming Defense = not this turn you don't (1 Mana)
Swiftfoot Boots = Never again (2 mana+1 )
Lightning Greaves = 2 mana never again
Swords to Plowshares- you don't care about life totals...
Path to Exile - works well with mana ramp white...
Lignify- 0/4 but oh well who care about blockers...
Condemn - Bottom of library works better then graveyard most of the time
Cards to remove when side boarding
Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit = (very limited in what it combos with and a lot is required)
Aura Shards = (this should be on the side as well... but switch it out for other Removal first by deck)
Altar of Dementia = (This works with more cards; Remove last I think)
Phyrexian Altar = (you have another ALL THE MANA COMBO WIN Remove if you want to)
Again know the deck you are playing: Play the cards in the side to deal with things you can't have hurting you.
11 months ago
Yes, I get that it is a budget deck - I'm not sure why you say that playing Manabarbs and Stuffy Doll means you can't have a good curve. It doesn't. If you understand the concept of mana curve but still ignored it, then that says a lot, I guess.
Ok, as for specific suggestions, here they are:Moving 2 Pay No Heed to sideboard. It can come in against combo decks like Scapeshift.Moving 2 Phyrexian Unlife to sideboard. Should play it with Solemnity or not at all.Cut 1 Curse of Exhaustion and frankly, might move the other 1 to sideboard, because I'm not sure who you are trying to get with this. It's too slow for Storm, maybe it stops Snapcaster Mage tricks, but it's only an annoyance more than anything.Moved 1 Oblivion Ring to the sideboard.Cut 1 Pariah. This card doesn't really do anything without a Stuffy Doll out, plus more reasons later.Cut 4 Mesa Enchantress. You already play very few creatures. I suspect most opponents will have multiple removals in hand to deal with this before you can extract any card advantage from it. Now, the replacements.Adding 4 Heliod's Pilgrim. Guaranteed at least 1 card when you cast this creature. Is a legitimate tutor but restricted to Auras. Still, it makes your 1-ofs better and it enables us to go down 1 Curse and 1 Pariah too, since they are now searchable.Adding 1 Pentarch Ward. To support your Faith's Shields. But really, this is really for exile effects like Path to Exile on your Stuffy Doll.Added 2 Journey to Nowhere. RemovalAdded 4 Angelsong. Stalls the game, or if not, cycles.Added 1 Scrabbling Claws. Budget graveyard hate, also cycles.
Lands:Added 4 Battlefield Forge. Removed 1 Bojuka Bog - if you are playing this just for graveyard hate, I've replaced it with Claws, if you have Relic of Progenitus that's fine too.Removed 1 Reliquary Tower - I doubt that you will need its ability often.Kept the rest, but cut 1 Plains and 1 Mountain to make space.
Sideboard:Cut Boros Charm. I suspect you need this card mainly for the indestructible mode, and this saves only your enchantment pieces, since Doll is already indestructible. If that is the case, I suggest more Faith's Shield, or something not so mana intensive.Cut Karma - much too narrow. I have literally not seen this being played before. If you are afraid of black, play some Celestial Purge instead. Liliana of the Veil is one of the worst cards you can face.I would cut 2 Revoke Existence, if you want you can play more Disenchants. I'm not sure what indestructible artifact/enchantment (or anything that comes back from the graveyard?) you are worried about.
That brings your deck to 60 cards (did you realise you were originally playing with only 59 cards?) and a nicer curve and a lower budget.