|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Target player exiles a card from their graveyard
, Sacrifice Scrabbling Claws: Exile target card from a graveyard. Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Scrabbling Claws Discussion
3 weeks ago
I personally am fond of the small cantrip artifacts for Silas decks, just to shrink the deck, but even more, Nihil Spellbomb, and Scrabbling Claws help facilitate a more one-sided Living Death, and fight grave-based decks of course haha. Aether Spellbomb is just too flexible; it can deal with many threats, works to save Silas from hitting the grave too many times, and also can-trips of course. The last, really good small artifact is Executioner's Capsule – just removal.
Most seem low on downsides besides their requirement to take a spot that another, middling, card would!
2 months ago
I really like the idea of the deck, its pretty cool!
A couple of card suggestions I think would be advantages to run since flickering is going to be a large part since you don't want to cast your general 4 times, but rather flicker constantly. Mistmeadow Witch is a broken card in this, and your mana base is very good so you can do 1 or two of these per turn. Let alone allowing for your artifact ETB's to trigger something. Another good card is Flicker. Granted its not as useful since its a one time thing, but it can be good in instances. Eerie Interlude flicker your entire board, get value out of ETB's or protect it.
Now for some fun shennagins you can do. So you know that Darksteel Forge? Well you can add in a Nevinyrral's Disk and it will stay on the battlefield, as will all of you stuff. Mycosynth Lattice is another fun card and will allow you to recur stuff that "is" an artifact right back to the battlefield. Crazy right? Salvaging Station is another good card too. It only will grab 1 or 0 cmc from your gy, but it can still be super powerful. There are plenty of meta dependent decisions to make like if you need GY hate, add in Salvaging Station + Scrabbling Claws or a Tormod's Crypt
Hopefully these give you some ideas!
3 months ago
Please link all cards in your question using double brackets.
3 months ago
If you are going to go with mostly Eldrazi as creatures you should add some more artifacts, as you really want to be able to maximize saheeli's second ability since its both her best ability and the one that synergizes with the Eldrazi.
Creatures Add Bane of Bala Ged Meteor Golem Myr Battlesphere Pilgrim's Eye Solemn Simulacrum Burnished Hart Endbringer Ulamog's Crusher Soul of New Phyrexia (maybe) Barrage Tyrant (maybe) Remove Thopter Engineer Other Daretti, Scrap Savant Fabricate Thirst for Knowledge Propaganda Remove Mystic Remora
4 months ago
muldrotha decks are usually 100% offline when muldrotha isnt in play, easiest to counterspell or remove him and/or his protection
muldrotha decks scoop to rest in peace. enchantment removal doesnt matter when he doesnt have a graveyard to play cards from.
muldrotha only dominates LGS when nobody in the LGS runs graveyard hate. and everyone should be regardless of muldrotha.
you and your local playgroup simply dont run enough removal and hose effects. change that.
7 months ago
It's not easy to conciliate the cards you are showing. I tried and i hope i can give you some help. I believe you should try to keep the battlefield clear from your enemy's threats (im thinking of creatures mostly, or do better and study possible decks you might face). In my case i changed the aggro format, to keep more options on sidedeck.
In case you accept this change i imagine you will answer well to your enemy cards, then you can try to cast your cards either from your hand or graveyard. More precisely, these are the creatures i was thinking of: Butcher Ghoul, Dread Wanderer or Gravecrawler; and cast Lord of the Accursed and Indulgent Tormentor with Unburial Rites or some other reanimation card like Exhume or Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip. You can discard these last creatures either with Cryptbreaker or Zombie Infestation (which i think may do better, just try to keep some lands in hand after you have more than 4 lands in play just to keep using the enchantment ability).
I thought of Indulgent Tormentor because you can draw more cards, but you might want to try an hardcore zombie of your preference.
But, for example, if you go against an burn deck with no creature surely would be hard to win.
About maybeboard i thought of Rotting Rats, just because with it you can try to run down your enemy strategy close to zero, however it escapes the tempo of the deck a bit.
Hope i helped, zombies are really fun to play, the possibilities almost never run out. Good luck.
7 months ago
- Any cmc 0 artifact or artifact creature + sac outlet + any creature that returns artifacts from graveyard or battlefield to hand.
- Lotus Petal + Restoration Specialist/Salvage Scout + sac outlet = infinite loops. Do this with Blasting Station/Altar of Dementia/Altar of the Brood on the table and you win.
- If you have Mishra's Bauble or Urza's Bauble as your cmc 0 artifact to recur but no win con in hand you can loop both indefinitely to draw as many cards as you want on your opponents next upkeep. If Spellbook is out on the table there is no punishment for hand size reduction (buzz off jin gitaxis!). If you have to discard to a wheel you still have access to looping creatures from the graveyard by playing Teshar, Ancestor’s Apostle + any artifact on the next turn.
- Oblation on your own permanent, Ichor Wellspring, cycling Forsake the Worldly, all will draw you cards in a pinch.
- Probably best way to draw a ton of cards on your turn is to have a mana combo going and abuse it with something like Phyrexian Furnace or Scrabbling Claws, paying 1 extra each time you sac them in order to draw until you find what you need.
- If you are using Filigree Familiar as your recurrable creature be careful. The card draw is not a may ability so you can deck yourself if you get over zealous!
- Recur Burnished Hart. If you have any kind of mana combo and insert this in you can typically get all the lands you want out on the field.
- Knight of the White Orchid as a recurrable creature will get you lands into play untapped
- Recur Solemn Simulacrum via Myr Retriever or Junk Diver and Ashnod's Altar/Krark-Clan Ironworks. (Also gives you card draw.)
- Infinite mana into a Walking Ballista
- Storm with an Aetherflux Reservoir out/have soul warden out and recur creatures until you have infinite life then play the reservoir.
- Have Blasting Station or Altar of Dementia as your sac outlet for looping
- Have Ashnod's Altar or Krark-Clan Ironworks out as your sac outlet with Altar of the Brood on the board.
10 months ago
I recently sleeved up a similar list now that GB has Blooming Marsh. Would love to compare notes. In my opinion colorless lands like Sea Gate Wreckage and Arena are too tough on the mana. I had to add multiple Twilight Mire just to make a basic forest work.