|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might (DDS)||Common|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Return target permanent to its owner's hand.
Storm (When you cast this spell, copy it for each spell cast before it this turn. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (4)||richardmv , Reliva , itheoryz ,|
|Want (11)||TheNeverThere , DocMockingbird , Drakeslade12 , sybert1ger , metalevolence , PhatPandaMo , dauid , pphhaazzee , Alcofrisbas , StraightFlush172 , SatansAfro|
Temporal Fissure Discussion
4 months ago
Well let me be the first to say: Welcome to the wide world of pauper! Very fun format, it's basically exclusively what I play online these days. Never played GW slivers myself, but I've played against it more than my fair share of times. I definitely have a few ideas on how you could improve this list.
First and foremost, you'll want 3-4 copies of Journey to Nowhere in the main. Pauper is actually one of, if not the most, interactive format. There are still a few uninteractive decks floating around, but most of them have been banned out over the years, starting with Temporal Fissure, Cloudpost, Cloud of Faeries, Peregrine Drake, et cetera. Point is, if you run into a Gurmag Angler or a Myr Enforcer (which are both very common), you'll want a quick and easy way to get rid of it.
Another easy thing to change is replacing Commune with the Gods with Lead the Stampede. You're using commune only to find creatures, which... at that point, you may as well be playing Commune with Nature for one less mana. But no, Lead the Stampede is incredible. It will almost always net you at least 2 creatures, but best-case-scenario draws you 5 creatures for 3 mana.
Should probably play some dual lands for consistency. Shaving 2 of each basic and adding 4 Blossoming Sands should do the trick in and of itself.
Gemhide Sliver is a card that you honestly don't really need. One cool thing about sliver decks is that they're highly customizable, so if you want to play it, then by all means. Tapping your creatures to add mana just isn't something your deck is interested in doing, in general. You want to be attacking with your dudes every turn you can, so at that point I think the Gemhide is better suited as anything else. For example, I think Spinneret Sliver is a good one to consider for the main. Probably not as a 4-of, but flying creatures are very abundant. Specifically, Mulldrifter and Kor Skyfisher are everywhere, plus the occasional Glint Hawk or Vault Skirge. Plus, being a natural 2/2 for 2 mana is nice, as opposed to being a 1/1.
Beyond that stuff though, not sure what else I can offer. I don't know enough about playing the deck to talk about shaving some of the numbers. I will say though, MTGGoldfish is the best pauper decklist resource. Not a big fan of their content honestly, but it's a great site to see decklists. GW Slivers is an archetype you can find in the pauper metagame section, where you can find a bunch of different takes on the list, complete with sideboards.
But yeah. I hope any of that is useful, and good luck with the deck!
5 months ago
Awesome muht1234, glad some of my suggestions helped.
Out of interest, which site does your group use to evaluate deck prices? Our budget pods used to use deckstats.net, but they've changed from a market price, to a checkout cart (price based on what's in inventory for sale). We were looking for somewhere else to value the decks but couldn't find anything so we opted to re-comply all our decks in the new deckstats.net pricing model.
The reason we don't use tappedout is because, even looking at your deck, it says $74.43 but that is excluding 7 cards, Firemind's Foresight, Goblin Electromancer, Mind's Desire, Swiftwater Cliffs, Talrand, Sky Summoner, Temporal Fissure, Volcanic Vision. Really silly IMHO.
Out of interest, your well under the $100 now Deckstats.net price on deckstats.net.
Don't know if you noticed, tappedout says your at 101 cards, you'll need to remove 1 to get down to 100 cards.
Also, since you don't have a budgetary issue anymore, I would add back Cyclonic Rift since it has quite high play value when overloaded, or add the Mystic Confluence back for the modular and draw. Will still be well under budget and get the benefits of the extra power as well.
5 months ago
6 months ago
Might consider adding storm cards; Grapeshot, Empty the Warrens, Flusterstorm, Volcanic Awakening, Temporal Fissure, Mind's Desire. Consecrated Sphinx has done a lot of work for me in both multiplayer and 1v1. Reiterate + Reset + Lightning Bolt goes infinite and allows you to end the game. and its tutorable with the Firemind's Foresight you are already running. I would also consider running a Thought Vessel and or Reliquary Tower cause i know i usually end up needing it at some point in my games with Mizzix. I like the deck though, love the spellslinger Mizzix play :). +1
8 months ago
I feel like Mizzix's Mastery could warrant some play testing. I know its not good with X spells but maybe as Long game win out of no where with Storm cards like Empty the Warrens, Ignite Memories, Temporal Fissure, Volcanic Awakening and/or Grapeshot. Or the dream Crow Storm if your playgroup allows UN sets.
Even with Lightning Bolt you might have enough copy spells to kill an opponent in 1 V 1.
lastly (and this depends on whats in the graveyard) you might be able to stack the spells to add multiple counters at one time. I also don't know what the interaction is with alternate costs like buyback if you can use them.
1 year ago
Thoughts on another outlet besides seeker? maybe something like Temporal Fissure just in case the plan goes south, to buy yourself a LOT of time
1 year ago
I wrote a bit comment and it got eaten by TappedOut. So, apologies for the brevity on this rewrite. These are a few suggestions based on a similar deck of mine.
- Mind's Desire and Temporal Fissure are both excellent storm payoffs. The former is one of the best hits from Epic Experiment and the latter can bounce every land as a pseudo Time Walk if you need to swing with tokens.
- Sphinx-Bone Wand and Docent of Perfection Flip are two additional options for win-cons if you so desire.
- Pull from the Deep and Mystic Retrieval are good options for re-casting your rituals/untap effects
- More free spells like Frantic Search or Rewind might be worth it. The latter can at worst counter your own spells with High Tide.
- I personally really like Eye of the Storm. It's expensive, it can backfire, but if you untap with it, it's almost impossible to lose. It goes effectively infinite with a lot of cards.
- Mizzix of the Izmagnus is almost definitely worth it.
- I think the 1-shot token producers are probably not that great. They're reasonably good with Purphoros, but I don't think that's worth 6 slots in the deck. Don't worry about creature count in Melek. A lot of Melek decks actually go creatureless for the Proteus Staff combo.
- Phyrexian Altar is probably really borderline unless you're running something like Fall of the Titans to just win without having to go an extra turn by saccing out all of your Empty the Warrens tokens.
- Strionic Resonator is at best a very situational fork in Melek. It's probably better to spend your mana on a cheap cantrip / draw spell like Gitaxian Probe or Treasure Cruise.
- Echo Mage is really expensive and vulnerable for its effect. You have to pump 7 mana and wait a turn to copy 1 spell. At that point, you're probably better off casting Eye of the Storm.
1 year ago
Yes you can.
From the wiki:
As off November 16, 2016, ten cards are banned in Pauper tournaments:
No cards are restricted in Pauper tournaments.