|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Fox
When Filigree Familiar enters the battlefield, you gain 2 life.
When Filigree Familiar dies, draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Filigree Familiar Discussion
1 week ago
- Any cmc 0 artifact or artifact creature + sac outlet + any creature that returns artifacts from graveyard or battlefield to hand.
- Lotus Petal + Restoration Specialist/Salvage Scout + sac outlet = infinite loops. Do this with Blasting Station/Altar of Dementia/Altar of the Brood on the table and you win.
- If you have Mishra's Bauble or Urza's Bauble as your cmc 0 artifact to recur but no win con in hand you can loop both indefinitely to draw as many cards as you want on your opponents next upkeep. If Spellbook is out on the table there is no punishment for hand size reduction (buzz off jin gitaxis!). If you have to discard to a wheel you still have access to looping creatures from the graveyard by playing Teshar, Ancestor’s Apostle + any artifact on the next turn.
- Oblation on your own permanent, Ichor Wellspring, cycling Forsake the Worldly, all will draw you cards in a pinch.
- Probably best way to draw a ton of cards on your turn is to have a mana combo going and abuse it with something like Phyrexian Furnace or Scrabbling Claws, paying 1 extra each time you sac them in order to draw until you find what you need.
- If you are using Filigree Familiar as your recurrable creature be careful. The card draw is not a may ability so you can deck yourself if you get over zealous!
- Recur Burnished Hart. If you have any kind of mana combo and insert this in you can typically get all the lands you want out on the field.
- Knight of the White Orchid as a recurrable creature will get you lands into play untapped
- Recur Solemn Simulacrum via Myr Retriever or Junk Diver and Ashnod's Altar/Krark-Clan Ironworks. (Also gives you card draw.)
- Infinite mana into a Walking Ballista
- Storm with an Aetherflux Reservoir out/have soul warden out and recur creatures until you have infinite life then play the reservoir.
- Have Blasting Station or Altar of Dementia as your sac outlet for looping
- Have Ashnod's Altar or Krark-Clan Ironworks out as your sac outlet with Altar of the Brood on the board.
2 weeks ago
what do you think about cheap enchantments that provide value in there like Curious Obsession/ Sixth Sense or Dead Man's Chest Gonti's Machinations Unbridled Growth Underhanded Designs ? new also Song of Freyalise Demonic Vigor
obviously every path could be correct as long as we dont have all the cards available to playtest
1 month ago
This is version 3.0 or something like that, i actually was using Filigree Familiar in the original version but decided to go with the birds as the only chump blockers. Half the time I win by beating someone over the head with Metalwork Colossus anyway
1 month ago
Very nice deck! Glad to see someone using Aetherflux Reservoir. Have you tried Filigree Familiar? It seems like it could help you with your lifegain while also being a chump blocker that nets you cards. +1
1 month ago
1 month ago
I would say that Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle is kind of free multiple burnspell in all monored decks. Gamble could also be a fine addition for tutoring. I would also add Braid of Fire and Vedalken Orrery because they are bada** together. Also Braid of Fire and Inferno Titan love each other. Maybe both Goblin Tinker and Goblin Welder could go well with all those artifacts? I would change Filigree Familiar for (well basically anything) but for sure for Solemn Simulacrum
3 months ago
That would be great. I would suggest to add Shimmer Myr and use Lifecrafter's Bestiary instead of Beck. Then add some Semblance Anvil To get more option aside from Heartless Summoning. I would also suggest Filigree Familiar for sideboards.
4 months ago
Ok, so first buy a 2nd copy of the deck. You will then have 2 copies of Tezzeret, Master of Metal and 4 copies of Tezzeret's Betrayal. This will be a huge step in the right direction. Tezzeret's -3 ability is where you will get most of his value. You want to run as many artifacts and artifact creatures as you can. Scrapheap Scrounger Treasure Keeper Filigree Familiar Fleetwheel Cruiser Skysovereign, Consul Flagship and Merchant's Dockhand are all cheap and solid cards to include. To this end, Tezzeret's Simulacrum is great for his ability. Tezzeret's Touch is decent, but provides real value when attached to one of the vehicles mentioned above. They still keep their abilities when enchanted, so the Fleetwheel Cruiser has trample and becomes a 5/5, even better tho since if it dies you don't need to bother with crewing it since it becomes a creature on entry to the battlefield. Metallic Rebuke is also inexpensive and very good in this type of strategy, if you cant get Fatal Push the lifegain from Tidy Conclusion will make it a little more playable.