Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Beast
When Woodland Bellower enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a nonlegendary green creature card with converted mana cost 3 or less, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
4 weeks ago
lagotripha I hope you are having a good summer. I scrapped the cards from those Delver decks and was upgrading Flickertwist to Flickertwister, looking for something fun in Pioneer to spend my store credit on; Flash and Lotus Combo are the Simic decks in the meta but I don't like them; I was brewing in Explorer on Arena, playing Neoform and Vannifar in a Great Henge/Fight Rigging stompy build, but when I took them to Pioneer Woodland Bellower changed everything. Any suggestions?
5 months ago
You'll like Sidisi, he is the best tutor in this deck for all the reasons DreadKhan said. Other good ones are Gravebreaker Lamia which is budget and recurable, Rune-Scarred Demon, which is recurable and a great beater, Buried Alive, and Woodland Bellower. Obviously, you just made major changes and won't want all of these right now, but tutors are great for eventually leveling things up down the road.
6 months ago
Saw your reddit post, I don't reddit but I do lurk....
This is an unorganized brain dump of my thoughts on the deck. Pressed the playtest button above and goofed around with it a bit.
Anyone playing karametra knows how busted Whitemane Lion is. Thus I can make a logical guess that you purposely took it out. Mind you that for white+1 it is your most powerful ramp spell. Along with its friends Kor Skyfisher and Stonecloaker. I'm not saying you should run it, but maybe consider either that or stonecloaker if your play group has a lot of graveyard stuff happening.
One land to consider might be Mistveil Plains, I would only swap it in if you feel like you run out of threats.
37 lands might be too much? Maybe try 35-36 and see how you like it. You have karametra!
Lotus Cobra is another Tireless Provisioner which trigger off your general, I must suggest replacing Faeburrow Elder. That is partially preference and how you reason it is like this: if you feel like Tireless Provisioner is better than Faeburrow Elder it is time to swap in a cobra.
A tech swap might be Garruk's Uprising over Elemental Bond. For one if your trying to stompy them,, you should probably have more than 4 power. It also gives natural trample. The catch is it reduces your draw potential, which we can actually address.
How often does your Archangel of Thune go off? Do you feel its falling behind?
As for stompy bois, some I consider are Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger (WARNING: High salt), Woodland Bellower (Tutor + body), Apex Devastator (goes brrrr). Shalai, Voice of Plenty (if your wide or get targeted a lot), Kaldra Compleat (high pressure, makes big thing bigger), Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar (Comes back and with a lot of lands hits hard), one of my favorite cards ever printed, "cute" swarm uhh... I mean Scute Swarm. (s)cute swarm goes nuts when you start dropping lands. Get the alt art for extra (s)cuteness.
7 months ago
Goreclaw is such a great card. I have one in basically any big fatty creature deck with that I have. I do have a few (kind of unoriginal) suggestions, though.
Woodland Bellower synergizes really well with Fierce Empath. It seems like it would be the kind of card that's either been in the deck before and then cut or just not your preference, though. Momentous Fall probably suffers the from same fate?
Guardian Augmenter works best in partner decks in my opinion, but any green deck should at least take a look at it to see if it works for them.
Vernal Bloom is another mana doubler. Only for forests, though, which doesn't seem to bother you any!
Hope the deck hits 100 upvotes soon!!
8 months ago
If you're looking to speed the deck up, I'd consider adding: Elves of Deep Shadow, Birds of Paradise, Wild Growth, Utopia Sprawl, Boreal Druid, Elvish Pioneer and the all-mighty Deathrite Shaman. For those, I'd look at cutting: Kodama's Reach, Rampant Growth, Elfhame Druid, Farhaven Elf, Jaspera Sentinel, Llanowar Visionary, and Springbloom Druid. Selvala, Heart of the Wilds is an amazing card, just not sure if it belongs here, maybe replace it with Elvish Guidance. There's also always Heritage Druid,
And hey, if you've got a Gaea's Cradle, Crop Rotation is a must (and its slower cousin, Sylvan Scrying, which also makes Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx a good add. More ($$$$) lands to consider would be: Cavern of Souls and Yavimaya Hollow. Other utility lands you might want to check out would be: Emergence Zone, Nurturing Peatland, Castle Garenbrig, and Wirewood Lodge.
For card advantage, yeah I agree that Glimpse of Nature and Oakhame Adversary are good options, along with Sylvan Library, Necropotence, and Dark Confidant if you've got the $$ and looking to get as close to 100% as possible. Regal Force is a non-elf that's essential in elf decks. Some other options would be: Pact of the Serpent and Elvish Visionary. In terms of tutors, definitely consider: Chord of Calling, Eldritch Evolution, and maybe even Woodland Bellower and Fauna Shaman. Decks closer to CEDH would probably include: Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Intent, and Survival of the Fittest. Also, Eternal Witness might be too good to not include, along with Noxious Revival. Patriarch's Bidding is a cheaper Haunting Voyage.
Hope this helps! Happy brewing
1 year ago
- Boseiju, Who Shelters All is going in for helping with tooth and nail
- Woodland Bellower feels like a natural fit,,, really good with Fierce Empath, "cute swarm" (Scute Swarm), Ramunap Excavator, Ulvenwald Hydra and Eternal Witness. Great combo with tooth and nail too.
- Keeping slyvan for the moment, I have a copy of life from the loam, not sure if I should run this yet. I'm tempted too
- Torn between Crop Rotation and Sylvan Scrying. This instant speed is nice since you can surprise your opponents, but without owning a Cavern of Souls and Glacial Chasm not being the deck,,, I think I favor Sylvan Scrying
- Tempted to add Greenwarden of Murasa for more tutor-able recurrence.
- Titania, Protector of Argoth Feels really good with the fetches, adding this
- World Breaker and Terastodon kinda fill the same role a lot of times for me. World breaker is slightly cheaper and it can come back.
- Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar feels like an auto add definitely if I'm dropping lands in both my grave and field.
Grasshoppeh1 on ZUSI
1 year ago
From Azusa player to Azusa player I like GASSSS, rebuilding mine recently and I've noticed something techs. I've been running Ghost Quarter recently. It's a free shuffle, but with land destro utility
- If you have Courser of Kruphix, Augur of Autumn, or Oracle of Mul Daya on the battle field, drain the lands/cards off the top of your deck first. You're more likely to run into a card.
- Play Ghost Quarter
- If you would get more value off destroying a land then do that. (Be aware they will try to balance out their mana base)
- Alternatively if there is a card on top your library that is a dead draw, pick a tapped land or tap a forest for mana, kill your own land and search out a forest that comes in untapped. (use the float)
- If you have Ramunap Excavator, Ancient Greenwarden or Crucible of Worlds of worlds on the field you an repeat the previous steps. You can also float the mana from the forests being destroyed for each land drop than play something.
Timeless Witness is an ok tech if you want recurrence. Your not running Woodland Bellower, so its a 1 mana tradeoff to potentially get something later. Best way to think of it, if you feel a four mana green sun is better than a five mana green sun with later recurrence then don't make the trade off.