Creature — Beast
When Woodland Bellower enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a nonlegendary green creature card with converted mana cost 3 or less, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
|Have (4)||cosmcbun , metalmagic , CompleteWaste ,|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Woodland Bellower Discussion
1 week ago
Hi, nice deck! I also have similar deck like yours and although my budget is not as high, you might want to try the following:
Woodland Bellower - this acts as a second copy of any non legendary creature you have that cost 3 or less.
Nantuko Cultivator - although less needed with your deck, you might wanna try another way to dump lands to in the graveyard while digging for more answers and bombs. You have way to bring them to play from the graveyard anyway.
Early Harvest - very cheap way to boost your mana base for that clutch turn
Hope these help
3 weeks ago
Hey, love the deck, here's some suggestions but take it with a grain of salt because everyones Yarok deck is different. :)
Cards to consider:
Woodland Bellower - get fierce empath and woodelves
Fierce Empath - get your big creatures to your hand
Thieving Skydiver - interaction on a creature! steal your opponents sol rings
Sidisi, Undead Vizier - tutor for anything, Keep in mind Sidisi can exploit himself too
Mulldrifter - evoke for cheap card draw.
Oubliette - With Yarok out, get rid of two opponents commanders on an enchantment ETB, and phasing out takes any artifacts and auras with it.
if you really want to lean on ETB triggers, Thassa, Deep-Dwelling is a good creature for flicker effects.
1 month ago
I got hit once with Song of the Dryads , which seriously hurt me for a long time. However I eventually drew a Woodland Bellower which tutored out a Reclamation Sage and I won the game shortly thereafter.
Gotta look out for them sneaky sneaks. But yes for monogreen that's a good option, for any deck really.
2 months ago
4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens is decent. Your current list already contains Arasta of the Endless Web , and I love that it can help start the loop with Ghost Town if you have the right setup. A couple other token generating spells for surprise factor are Ezuri's Predation , Fresh Meat , and Caller of the Claw .
Dawnglade Regent not necessarily a big finisher, but monarch is another nice way to get card draw and the hexproof for your creatures is nice. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is also nice, but a bit pricey.
The Tireless Tracker clues stick around so they're just there when you have spare mana that you don't want to go to waste which is again better than the one opportunity per landfall with Seer's Sundial and the tracker can get bigger as you sacrifice the clues. I especially like that the tokens trigger Kodama and if the land you put into play can tap for 2 mana you can sac a clue to draw a card which may draw you more land to put into play from Kodama triggers.
Quirion Ranger can help provide a clutch blocker or that one extra mana you need for some spell. I like that it helps you have more land in hand for landfall triggers off of Kodama. Since Ashaya makes your creatures into forests they can tap for mana so they all become targets for Quirion Ranger to untap.
Kamahl’s Will does seem like a decent fit for this deck as a way to go wide and removal. Territorial Scythecat seems okay similar to the running a Managorger Hydra but takes a bit to build up. Shifting Ceratops it has some versatility, but I'm not sure what you want this for in a landfall deck. Primeval Bounty is currently in your list here on tappedout. Branching Evolution not sure your strategy is putting a lot of counters on stuff, more dropping lots of tokens on the fiel. Fertilid synergizes well with Retreat to Kazandu . Garruk's Uprising again I don't think you're usually putting a lot of big creatures into play to benefit from the trigger. Court of Bounty seems better than Colossal Majesty and has an added benefit. Reclamation Sage is great, and I'm also interested in the new 2-drop Masked Vandal since it exiles stuff, and another budget tutor for these low cost utility creatures is Woodland Bellower .
=== other card options ===
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways can be a nice alternate way to win.
- Ancient Greenwarden it's Crucible of Worlds on a body, doubles landfall triggers, and has reach (I like referring to reach as dunking).
- Bramble Sovereign solid value, decent size body, can be used politically.
- Shared Summons solid budget tutor.
- Scapeshift could be game ending if you're getting the right landfall triggers.
- Regal Behemoth monarch and more mana.
- Mana Reflection MOAR MANA!
- Path of Discovery could help dig more land per Kodama trigger if landfall is generating token creatures.
- Blighted Woodland could be better than or just a nice addition to Myriad Landscape
- Greater Good is usually pretty solid card advantage in green especially if someone is about to deal with your commander or big bad or board wipe.
- Fecundity is great card advantage in go wide strategies if your deck runs a hand-full of sac outlets.
- Eldrazi Monument is fun if you can generate enough tokens or animate enough lands, just imagine a bunch of flying elemental forests that are indestructible beating down your opponents.
- Parallel Lives is much pricier than I remember.
- Evolutionary Leap is always a nice kind of card advantage in token decks, but still nice to sac non-tokens if they're about to die anyways.
- Beastmaster Ascension is a nice buff in wide strategies.
- Apex Altisaur could be a useful thing to get with your Magus to wipe out some creatures.
- Force of Vigor another great option for removal.
- Genesis Wave is always a solid way to spend lots of mana.
2 months ago
Interesting... Fierce Empath tutors a creature with CMC 6 or greater into my hand. Notable searches would be Brutalizer Exarch , Progenitor Mimic and Deadeye Navigator , although this is CMC 6 or greater so I could grab a Worldspine Wurm if I so chose. However what's very interesting is I can immediately grab Woodland Bellower who, upon ETB after being hardcast, tutors a creature with CMC 3 or less directly onto the battlefield. There aren't many options here; Predator Ooze whom honestly while I love, I can cut easily. There's Reclamation Sage , Biomancer's Familiar , but perhaps most importantly Selvala, Heart of the Wilds .
I'm thinking cut Predator Ooze for Fierce Empath and cut It That Betrays for Woodland Bellower . I think keeping Spawnsire of Ulamog is a good idea, as if boardstates begin getting out of control I can always get him into play and copy it for some Annihilator 6 or 9 or 12. Something really disgustingly brutal, especially if I already have out Archetype of Endurance for protection.
5 months ago
Robobro72: Fierce Empath is probably a permanent fixture of the deck. Sorry for the late response! But yeah, Fierce has been in the deck since its creation and has enables countless wins. It's always had 3 targets, Great Oak Guardian, Regal Force, and Woodland Bellower were the original three. Upon Ashaya's printing, it removed every artifact line in favor of more creature reliance, thus not needed Genesis Hydra loops, and since Genesis Hydra was ideally cast as the hidden 4th 6 cmc creature I slotted in Kogla, the Titan Ape. The Ape comes with his own line, and removal of a lot of relevant threats. It was for a brief period that Fierce Empath actually had 4 targets (Sep 22-Nov 23).
To remain current with the list and ask me questions and get responses closer to real-time join the Discord, we have an enthusiastic community with chibi Yeva emojis!
5 months ago
How has Fierce Empath been performing? I understand Kogla is amazing and regal force has its roles but I'm curious how good it will remain with only 3 targets. I suppose I'm not super familiar with Woodland Bellower lines.
5 months ago
Ok, that clears up the pond much more, thank you.
In that case, some strictly good copy/clone targets include:
- Biovisionary: Simply giggily. No explanation necessary.
- Sphinx Ambassador: Being able to straight up steal creatures from your opponents' libraries for guessing a random creature is fun!
- Woodland Bellower & Fierce Empath: They grab each other, and can grab other creatures! Great for a more "toolbox" utility to your deck!
- Temur Sabertooth & Kogla, the Titan Ape: Stuck with a clone that is just not good enough? Well, these two beasties can reset those etb's!
- Deadeye Navigator & Peregrine Drake: Yes, of course, they combo. yay. However separately, they can be quite useful. Being able to reset Clone targets is always useful to have in the pocket. With the P Drake, you can net mana depending on the clone being used!
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder: She isn't the most mana effective way of drawing cards per se, but the value you can get off of her ETB is just bonkers.
- Frilled Mystic, Mystic Snake, & Venser, Shaper Savant: Beyond being just some nice control on a creature body, Venser can get around those sticky "Cannot be countered" spells!
- Bane of Progress & Reclamation Sage: Simply lovely Enchantment and artifact removal!
- Meteor Golem: need to blow up anything? Golem boi can handle that. (Insert Staples button here)
Let me know if any of these help at all!