Not legal in any format
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Cleric
When Arena Rector dies, you may exile it. If you do, search your library for a planeswalker card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion
Arena Rector Discussion
3 days ago
Cut inexorable tide you aren't going to be casting a ton of spells just a few, unless you're gonna go the paradox engine route, either way if you're trying to get extra counters I'd play Atraxa, Praetors' Voice. It's a great creature that does a lot for cheap.
Also cut some sorceries, you don't need more than like 5 board wipes.
As far as some cards you should definitely have...
- Oath of Nissa
- Oath of Ajani
- Captain Sisay
- Arena Rector
- Rings of Brighthearth
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty
Also are you insane not playing The Chain Veil in a walker deck? It's 1,000% core to the deck.
5 days ago
1 week ago
Arena Rector would also be a great inclusion imo.
2 weeks ago
For budget color fixing you could run the fetch lands from Mirage: Flood Plain, Bad River, & Grasslands. They come out tapped, but that also makes them affordable. You could also run the Bant Panorama since are your most common colors, but I wouldn't run the other panorama fetch lands. Also, you can add more cards that have Basic Landcycling. You already have Ash Barrens, but you could also run something like Sylvan Reclamation, which could be used for either landcycling or it's normal effect. Wayfarer's Bauble has a similar effect to basic landcycling except it really does ramp you, and Expedition Map can be used to tutor Seaside Citadel. Kodama's Reach would help significantly. Then there are also the staple Burnished Hart and Solemn Simulacrum that can also chump-block on behalf of your planeswalkers. You could also do with 1 less land, 38 is probably good for your Mana curve. When removing lands, first go for lands that don't produce mana on their own like Darkwater Catacombs, and then lands that cost mana to play as if they were a spell, like Rupture Spire, and then start removing ones that come out tapped no matter what you do like Meandering River versus Glacial Fortress. Opal Palace would be a great way to play your commander and imediately have a counter on her.
Also consider Thalia's Lancers since they can now tutor any planeswalker now that all planeswalkers are legendary. As well as Call the Gatewatch, Deploy the Gatewatch, Djeru, With Eyes Open, & Arena Rector.
3 weeks ago
You are all over the place with this deck man, you have so many situational, and just straight weak cards. So let me start with cuts.
- Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver: Doesn't ult with doubling season and in multiplayer it just makes you a target as you are taking cards away from them and not casting them to defend you.
- gideon of the trials: This gideon really offers you nothing, Ult doesn't really do much because you only have one gideon, its minus is meh so you get a 4/4 for a turn, and it's plus only deals with one permanent at a table of 4 that doesn't do much.
- Kiora, the crashing wave: She doesn't ult off Doubling Season, her plus is the same thing as gideon's, her minus is pretty good, and her ult is ok but she'll never ult.
- Counterflux: Color requirements suck. its cool to have double blue in a counter but you are required to have 3 different lands to cover 2 colors. I'd prefer something more flexible like Disallow
- clockspinning: This doesn't do much of anything man, it's not worth the 4 mana
- urza's armor: 1 damage doesn't matter.
- Vedalken orrery: Great card, and I'm saying cut it for Leyline of Anticipation as there is a chance to play it for free and it costs the same CMC. I mean I run both but...
- rowan kenrith: No walker deck wants to force players to swing at them. Sure they could swing at someone else... but why do that when they can just kill all your walkers includinig Rowan so her minus does nothing
- conflux: Look... I wanted the card to be good, but in this deck it just never ended up working for me; 80% of the time it was a dead card in my hand or there was something else that was more important.
- final parting: This just isn't good in this deck in my opinion, you aren't graveyard recursion
- mastermind's acquisition: I get that it's a better Diabolic Tutor but... You are running too many tutors I feel
- settle the score: Too expensive when you could just play Path to Exile or Swords to Plowshares
- shard convergence: It's a great card but it's a much better in a deck with multiple land plays, Farseek puts the lands into the battlefield and it doesn't specify basics so all the dual lands
- idyllic tutor: Again I get it, you want doubling season but all these tutors take up card slots that should be otherwise occupied.
- awakening zone: I understand why you included it and to be honest this is the weakest suggestion by far, but I just think it's not that great unless you get it out early. On turn 3 I'd rather be playing a walker.
- bitterblossom: This card is losing you life and giving you a token that you can't do anything with except block or swing. Bitter blossom shines in decks that can sac it and get value out of it.
- inexorable tide: I had it in the deck but ultimately I cut it because it didn't help all that much.
- lethal vaper: It only works once, and chances are someone is going to sac a token or a creature they don't care about and it's not going to matter. No Mercy on the other hand... or even just running pillowfort like Sphere of Safety, Propaganda, or Ghostly Prison are better alternatives.
- Oath of gideon: I've found this card isn't much good... it's only one extra loyalty counter and with doubling season out who needs just one lousy loyalty counter?
- Stranglehold: This is a sideboard card.
- birds of paradise: On turn 1 this card is awesome right!? What about turn 5, 6, or 7? Late game this card is worthless because you've probably got a bunch of ramp already and don't care about one measly mana and a 0/1 flyer.
- djeru, with eyes open: I really liked this card, and honestly it was a great card until Arena Rector came out. It's more expensive, it doesn't put onto the battlefield, and it's second ability is just meh
- Muldrotha, the gravetide: I built a Muldrotha deck and unless you build around it it's just not that great.
- tatyova, benthic druid: I see the reason behind it but honestly I'd just play Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain in her place. I'd rather be rewarded for playing my walkers than playing lands. In a lands deck it'd be great, just not this deck.