|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Commune with Dinosaurs
Look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal a Dinosaur or land card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
|Have (9)||Tiddilywinkus , Hootiequack , ironax , sombrevivo , Supremespeed , webdokkeren , mandoso , bakeraj4 , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (27)||Animale , MAGESTIC_LLAMA , Ariumlegion , fireborne1986 , kodie53 , EnderA , nullination , Approximos , starkzero , PUfelix85 , Daeyel , math_puppy , Tsuru-Hime , rbarnhart1 , AntiheroFOREVER , Relevantworm , Turtlelover73 , azurefalcon , Nissa_Is_Best , RoninH3RO , Snozberries21 , PTsmitty , relon , mastermojo7 , libraryjoy , Willberg2000 , Tellur|
Commune with Dinosaurs Discussion
6 days ago
Cut Commune with Dinosaurs not Harmonize ! It's far better! You should also run Overwhelming Stampede over Dinosaur Stampede , it's just far better at ending games for little extra cost. May I ask how you got so many upvotes and comments on this deck? I'm really struggling to get mine out there, luckily I had some great help from one bloke but obviously the more the merrier! Cheers
3 weeks ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
3 months ago
OberstHati At first i was thinking the same, but i never really had Trouble getting that White mana when it was needed. Its true that Thunderherd Migration cant search for White mana but Commune with Dinosaurs helps a lot in this regard.
The mainpoint is that white mana is so rarely needed that it could cause Problems drawing a Basic White land in your first match, but with the dual lands ist never really a wasted draw.
3 months ago
This is Owen from DoKs- I finally have time to give you a detailed response to your list so here goes!
First of all, just wanna say that with this being your very first multicolored deck I'm very impressed with your manafixing base. You've got plenty of lands that tap for multiple colors and I can see you've paid attention to your color pie on TappedOut. Your average CMC of 3.86 in the deck is also a very solid number for Dinosaur tribal- well done! My favorite cards you've got in here that I don't utilize are The Immortal Sun, Staff of Nin, and Duelist's Heritage. These are very synergistic cards for the deck and were well chosen. Staff of Nin, especially, since it gives you an extra draw (which Naya has a hard time with) plus the ability to trigger enrage on a stick. Makes me want to run it in my deck! You must have noticed the lack of draw abilities in Naya colors because I can see you're also running Elemental Bond and Commune with Dinosaurs (which is very flavorful, by the way). I would also like to praise you for running Triumph of the Hordes. If a game has gone on too long and you've got a mighty board presence, you can end it very fast this way.
I highly recommend you run Runic Armasaur as there is just too much value in the draw that it offers. Plus it's a dinosaur and only costs 3 mana.
I suggest running Fellwar Stone instead of Manalith. Playing in 4 player EDH means you will most likely be able to access all of your colors via your opponents (someone is bound to play a City of Brass or Mana Confluence which immediately causes Fellwar stone to tap for any color mana!). It only costs 2, so you can get it out a turn earlier than your Manalith.
In a similar vein, I would suggest you run Wayfarer's Bauble instead of Traveler's Amulet. Bauble puts that land directly on the field so you can "double" your land drop, whereas the Amulet merely puts it in your hand.
To avoid getting hit with counterspells you could run Prowling Serpopard.
Honestly at this point those are the only suggestions I have. This looks really, really solid and your mana curve looks brilliant. This looks like it will be a very consistent, reliable, and simultaneously fun deck.
4 months ago
White is a necessity for the cases you just discussed, mostly for Sideboard. Justice Strike deals great with threats like Lyra Dawnbringer and most aggro cards, since it lands on turn 2 or 3. White does not make this deck inconsistent at all since it is only duals and one Plains that supply the white. As for the going wide match up, once again, white to Sideboard Deafening Clarion to clear the board. Thinking to put another one in Sideboard. It lands on turn 2 or if I am in tough mana position on turn 3 or 4. Test it out, the mana fetching and with both Commune with Dinosaurs and Thunderherd Migration solves all the lands issues. Thanks for feedback.
4 months ago
Maaagic Tried llanowar and it 1) never sticks to the board or 2) not benifiting from dinosaurs at all makes it overall weaker in this strat, though i totally get the reasoning behind it all. I guess my preferred t1 is Commune with Dinosaurs into my mana dork and going for a t3 4 drop :) Though...3 carnage tyrants sure is nice.
Pabs4444 Hey thanks for commenting! I did have goreclaw, terror of wal sisma but it was also too slow and ate all the removal! Not once have i stuck a goreclaw for me to get the benifits of it off :( maybe just my bad luck with the card. Same with Sarkhan's Unsealing, being a dead turn but certainly pays off well in the whole clear-the-board strategy i like. Might look into testing again, what would you drop and how many?
Definately adding back Deathgorge Scavenger for the upcoming meta.
5 months ago
Commune with Dinosaurs occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.12%
All decks: 0.01%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
RGW (Naya): 0.18%