Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Elspeth Conquers Death
Enchantment — Saga
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice this Saga after III)
— Exile target permanent an opponent controls with converted mana cost 3 or greater.
— Noncreature spells your opponents cast cost more to cast until your next turn.
— Return target creature or planeswalker card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Put a +1/+1 counter or a loyalty counter on it.
3 months ago
I would joke about "how can it be a Stax deck without Smokestack", but that's separate, and instead I'll offer up some possibly evil advice:
- Teferi's Puzzle Box or any wheel effect (like Echo of Eons) is obnoxious with Narset, Parter of Veils or Notion Thief. You could also go for Alms Collector for extra obnoxiousness.
- Raffine's Tower is a fetchable tri-land, so highly recommended. Not sure what your budget is, but other handy lands include Reflecting Pool, Field of the Dead (if you can swap out some lands for snow lands), Mana Confluence, Temple of the False God, the Fetches on-color (or even Prismatic Vista or Fabled Passage if you're basic-heavy). If you're basic heavy, maybe go for Back to Basics if you know there are lots of non-basic lands running around...
- In terms of Teferi's Protection comboing, why not Sunder?
- For removal, I highly recommend Vindicate and Anguished Unmaking. Elspeth Conquers Death is pinpoint plus reanimation, which can be handy. Cyclonic Rift is really quite pricey (surprisingly), but an excellent nuke.
- As for stealing opponents' things, I can suggest Commandeer, Desertion, Gonti, Lord of Luxury, Telemin Performance... you could also use things like Silent-Blade Oni, Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni, and Fallen Shinobi for extra stealing fun, but given that they're Ninjas, they don't work as well without a dedicated Ninja strategy.
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar is another fun "Stax" card, as is Authority of the Consuls.
- Tutors are awesome (Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Profane Tutor, Lim-Dul's Vault...), but not sure which ones you have ready access to. I also recommend Expedition Map to help get more lands.
- For some card draw, Teferi, Time Raveler, Sphinx's Revelation, and Fact or Fiction might be worth considering.
7 months ago
Green has lots of stuff like Noxious Revival and Bala Ged Recovery Flip that can get your Shivan out of the graveyard, and as I've pointed out there are some White cards that let you reanimate it if it's dead (or iirc take it out of exile if someone exiles it, with Pull from Eternity).
I looked up to see if there were some more decent White reanimator effects, there is Karmic Guide (also provides a blocker), Defy Death (pretty bad), Invoke Justice (better but how do you cast this!), Enduring Renewal (really, really janky), Second Sunrise (very situational), Angelic Renewal (seems good), Breath of Life (solid), Cleric Class (mana hungry/low synergy with deck), Elspeth Conquers Death (maybe?), False Defeat ($$$), Late to Dinner (good), Marshal's Anthem (mana!), Miraculous Recovery (good), Resurrection (fine), Reya Dawnbringer (so much mana). There is probably a few more, but here is a starting point, I think with your Commander the Sorcery ones make a lot of sense, but a creature that can repeatedly reanimate Shivan seem like better fits but I don't know how annoying it will be to Egg into them.
8 months ago
Was 2 cards over, these r the worst ones.
1 year ago
You know, you could take advantage of the discard effect further by changing up your strategy a bit. There are plenty of playable reanimation spells in White, for example, that would love a powerful discard outlet like Mageta. Invoke Justice is a very playable card that comes from a long line of no-nonsense reanimation spells: False Defeat, Breath of Life, Resurrection, Late to Dinner, oh and there's Elspeth Conquers Death, of course. I personally really like the idea of Angel of Serenity since it can be a very flexible removal spell, a way to protect creatures from a future board wipe, or a triple reanimation spell. There are tons of other reanimation spells in White, so there is enough for a pretty deep theme here.
Containment Construct also loves discarded cards during your main phase. Too bad it's a creature, but it still has potential.
Planeswalkers probably play really, really well with Mageta as well since they typically flourish on clear boards. Most Elspeth cards make creatures, and many Gideons have indestructible, so they survive board wipes even as creatures. I like Gideon Blackblade in particular because not only does he naturally have indestructible on your turn, but he can give indestructibility to another creature every turn and is also relevant removal.
I hope this is helpful!
1 year ago
Thank you. As i said, it‘s not finished yet. I guess i will run it tonight for the first time.
As for the removal section, i don‘t like that many removal spells. I like it more, when your removal-options synergize with your deck-theme. Therefore, i’ll try to use Goblin Bombardment, Honden of Infinite Rage, Doomwake Giant, Elspeth Conquers Death (etc.) or protection pices like Gift of Immortality.
I think, Lithoform Engine can fit in any deck… and with a little preparation it can go fot the win… i hope so at least
1 year ago
xram666 thanks for the suggestions!
So, hear me out here; I don't run O-ring because I don't run any flicker effects. I have some identical removal enchants in the sideboard, but haven't found myself needing more removal, atm. I don't have a particularly good reason why I've selected the other two over Oblivion Ring, except the Banishing Light is foil. Lol. Sheltered Aerie - this effect I have in spades in my Arena Historic Brawl version of this deck. It's a pretty cool effect to have, but I'd cut them all day long for a 2 cost rock that produces both/either colors. The luxury of ramping on t2 is just too nice! Sphere of Safety I actually just cut. So, there's a high density of low-cost enchants specifically so that you can churn through the deck with any one of the enchantresses in the deck. Because of this, I'd rather be able to play 3-4 enchants a turn than a couple of fat ones. When I originally built the deck I had a lot of higher cost enchants in the build like Sphere of Safety, Elspeth Conquers Death, Phyrexian Unlife / Solemnity - cards and combos that took way more investment and it just didn't feel as smooth. I had originally run Ghostly Prison, as well, but found the effect to only be handy when I was already behind. On an average board, I didn't find myself missing that Prison style effect.
I'm glad you enjoyed the deck, though! I really appreciate the input!!
1 year ago
2 years ago
the deck curve alot more tempo than control. i have a few suggestions for cheap power houses that would fit the list Dream Trawler, seems like a much better top end creater Realm-Cloaked Giant, may be one of the better board wipe options available Timeless Dragon, is a nother deceptivly strong card, fining a land intanst speed is always good, but also making a 4/4 from your gy later in the game Angel of Sanctions, falls under same boat but with solid removal added.
Declaration in Stone, is a solid and very cheap path alternative Elspeth Conquers Death, may be one of the best control toppers for he price, removal, protection and reanimate are all very relevant modes Fact or Fiction, is probably one of the best draw spells in modern and its budgets friendly Supreme Will, is a solid utility spell. hope some of these sugestions are useful to you