Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Dragon
This spell costs less to cast for each land your opponents control that could produce .
When this enters the battlefield, destroy target nonbasic land an opponent controls.
crisn on Dragon Jund
3 months ago
9 months ago
You may consider adding cards such as Mwonvuli Acid-Moss, Rending Vines, Viridian Revel, Deus of Calamity, or even a Bala Ged Recovery Flip. The first three will add more ramp/card draw. Obsidian Charmaw and Deus of Calamity work as some heavier hitters that fit the theme. Bala Ged Recovery Flip is also useful if Liquimetal Coating or Myr Landshaper keep getting targeted.
1 year ago
Torgaar, Famine Incarnate Dusk Mangler Gruul Ragebeast Hornet Queen Meteor Golem Overseer of the Damned Regal Force Rune-Scarred Demon Terror of Mount Velus Titan of Industry Verdant Sun's Avatar Baleful Beholder Bane of Progress Blight-Breath Catoblepas Blitz Leech Brutalizer Exarch Cleanup Crew Dakmor Lancer Dark Hatchling Duplicant Earthshaker Giant Goremand Grave Titan Great Oak Guardian Greenwarden of Murasa Kodama of the East Tree Kogla, the Titan Ape Massacre Wurm Noxious Gearhulk Patron of the Vein Ravager Wurm Regal Behemoth Soul of the Harvest Sower of Discord Thief of Blood Ulvenwald Hydra Whiptongue Hydra Bloodtithe Collector Blossom Prancer Cavalier of Thorns Conclave Naturalists Custodi Lich Demanding Dragon Emrakul's Hatcher Fury Giant Ambush Beetle Gilt-Leaf Winnower Gray Merchant of Asphodel God-Eternal Rhonas Gruesome Scourger Ingot Chewer Indrik Stomphowler Invader Parasite Keldon Firebombers Massacre Girl Mindclaw Shaman Morkrut Banshee Nessian Game Warden Obsidian Charmaw Pharika's Mender Phyrexian Delver Predatory Nightstalker Priest of the Blood Rite Puppeteer Clique Qasali Slingers Regisaur Alpha Serpent Assassin Shadowborn Demon Shriekmaw Silverglade Elemental Stuffy Doll Stingerfling Spider Whiptail Moloch Wei Assassins Wild Celebrants Agent of Erebos Ancestral Statue Balustrade Spy Bloodboil Sorcerer Bramble Sovereign Cackling Fiend Carrion Imp Chain Devil Coal Stoker Dagger Caster Disciple of Bolas Dread Presence Flametongue Kavu Foundation Breaker Grief Intellect Devourer Kozilek's Predator Llanowar Empath Masked Admirers Mausoleum Turnkey Misfortune Teller Myconid Spore Tender Nekrataal Nantuko Cultivator Ondu Giant Oxidda Scrapmelter Quirion Trailblazer Rampant Rejuvenator Ravenous Chupacabra Sawblade Slinger Slippery Bogbonder Solemn Simulacrum Summoner's Egg Sylvan Messenger Traxos, Scourge of Kroog Umori, the Collector Voice of Many
1 year ago
Thanks DareiJuxis. Strionic Resonator is a great card and I had it in the pile of cards I wanted to include, but choices and cuts were getting really tough so I opted for the static ability of Panharmonicon rather than the pay to activate option of Strionic. Also, there's a few more ETB effects beyond Miirym + the 2 you mentioned: Astral Dragon, Ganax, Astral Hunter, Obsidian Charmaw and Thundermaw Hellkite. Still! There's a bunch of attack and death triggers I could take advantage of with Strionic as well so I might try to sub it in to give it a try.
1 year ago
i like the list, there are few addons i would recommend
Beast Within solid removal for a creature, land or anything else. (not great as it dose make a 3/3 but i can deal with difficult to answer threats like planswalkers (like wrenn and six) and huge creatures like deathsadow and non titan eldrazi, while still just killing a land to keep up the lock.
Acidic Slime kills a land a leaves you with a body with deathtouch.
Obsidian Charmaw kills a land, can be cheaper, is a big boy dragon to close the game with.
its late in the game. your out of spells, your opponent get a land down and next turn another will follow and the threats will start to be cast. you have Gnottvold Slumbermound or Memorial to War this is no longer an issue (and if its gnottvold you even have a wincon) perosnaly id run 2 copys of one of these.
not directly land destruiction but Bonecrusher Giant is phenomenal value often a 2-1 and will help you beat down after you have a solid advantage while acting as a removal spell in the early game.
Raging Ravine hard to kill wincon. and doesn't really cost a slot personally id run 2
packages that may be worth running
4x Boom / Bust + 4x Slagwoods Bridge 3x Darksteel Citadel this packages give you a way to start destroying lands on turn 2 without ramp. its fast but dose hit you own land, so some indestructible ones to help lessen the chance of you both loosing a land, but also if you do loose a land your much more likely to recover from it as your only loosing one, your opponent is going to continue to loose much more. (big downside is it dose up you tap land count)
3-4 Primal Command + 2 Eternal Witness. primal command is a solid land reset spell (it also stops your opponent drawing gas meaning its a solid stall card. but it also either gains you a ton of life, deals with a problematic graveyard and most importantly tutors a creature. if you tutor witness you can then get back primal command and chain out another witness while bouncing another land, and the the next turn cast command again tutoring out a wincon and bouncing another (but probably the same) land.
1 year ago
Cool. My first advice is finding a card or two that's a strong 1-drop. Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer I believe is the best choice for your deck as it gives card advantage + some ramp. You can also go with the hard ramp route by using Arbor Elf+Utopia Sprawl
For dragons to capitalize on, I would recommend guys like Goldspan Dragon or Terror of the Peaks or Obsidian Charmaw or Demanding Dragon. Dragonlord Kolaghan could be a fun 1-of card in the deck that serves as a game-closer. Smoldering Egg Flip seems like a really good 2-drop in this deck. Manamorphose would compliment Smoldering Egg Flip very well & give you card draw + mana fixing
Dragon Hatchling, Enduring Scalelord, and Orb of Dragonkind are terrible for modern & should be removed. Doomskar isnt that good for this deck and Earthquake is only good when we have lots of mana & dragons which we're probably in a winning position anyways.
This deck may actually be better in & use a similar shell to the delver decks that use Murktide Regent but you obviously splash in more dragons to get your desired flavor.
2 years ago
JacenSolo29 as far as the next update goes, I’m waiting to see if there is anything else that drops from MH2, but I think we have the complete list now.
My first impressions are:
1) Faithless Salvaging - this works better than Thrill of Possibility since it can be cast on an empty hand and the rebound can’t be caught by hand disruption. Instant is nice if we really do want to cast on opponent’s end step. Then, if we draw an instant, we can cast with rebound on the stack to get full value.
2) Prismatic Ending - I personally really REALLY like this. Great against aggro, Humans, Jund, Ponza, Death's Shadow (minus Gurmag Angler ). See (https://strategy.channelfireball.com/all-strategy/home/is-prismatic-ending-the-new-swords-to-plowshares/)
3) Damn - again, LOVE IT! Definitely love the versatility, but I don’t know if it would replace Dreadbore (hits PWs), Fatal Push (instant and cheaper), or Engineered Explosives (can be triggered at instant speed and can be cheaper). Definitely a consideration for spots that previously included Damnation or Wrath of God .
4) General Ferrous Rokiric - I personally really like this. Immune to most removal (specifically EFFICIENT removal) such as Lightning Bolt , Path to Exile , Fatal Push , and Cryptic Command bouncing it. If you play a lot of multicolor spells, like Kolaghan's Command , Kaya's Guile , Kaya, Orzhov Usurper , Nahiri, the Harbinger , Dreadbore / Terminate , and Lightning Helix , then you definitely benefit from having this.
5) Dragon's Rage Channeler - this has a Magmatic Channeler feel to it and couples well with the graveyard-centric focus. If you opt for utility ARTIFACTS, like Mishra's Bauble , Damping Sphere , or Engineered Explosives , ENCHANTMENTS, like Blood Moon , or PLANESWALKERS, like Liliana of the Veil or any of the previously mentioned PWs, then you have an even easier time to activate Delirium. You do have to attack every turn, but having flying as evasion is really nice. Surveil is good if we start running more Flashback spells, like more Lingering Souls or Smiting Helix .
7) Obsidian Charmaw - OMG there are SO many Tron hate cards in this set, and I LOVE it. If Tron or Eldrazi Tron get more popular through all the hate from this set, then this would be great to add create a clock.
8) Vindicate - old EDH tech being added to Modern. I like the idea of destroying anything, but sorcery speed and 3 cmc, with everything else that has come into the game (and power creep), makes me unsure of its power. Could be what we need, but 3cmc is already crowded in the list.
9) Flame Blitz - UW/x, Jund, and maybe Tron typically run more PWs, so if we forgo running PWs, ourselves, then this serves as an extremely cheap PW hate card. Cycling is nice if we draw it and the opponent has side boarded out a majority of their PWs.
10) Harmonic Prodigy - if we bring back Young Pyromancer , add in Dark Confidant , and focus on Prowess, then I think this would rather have a home in a Feather, the Redeemed /spell-slinger deck. Still, it would be ok here, with the high spell count we run.
11) Sanctifier en-Vec - I don’t think we want to use this... definitely expect it in Burn or D&T lists against us.
12) Dauthi Voidwalker - now THIS we can use. Basically Sanctifier en-Vec , but unilateral hate and can help against Dredge or other recursion based decks. I like that we can sac on targeted removal and cast one of their spell(s). can conflict with our spells, but we are usually ok. If we get Blood Moon ed, we can usually laugh it off and power through it.
13) Bone Shards - in the primer, I’ve indicated that Mardu Pyro has different variants (spells/grave, PW, and Aristocrat/tokens). I feel this would slot nicely into an token deck, along with Village Rites , Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger , and Afterlife creatures.
14) Fury - at first glance, I’ve been conflicted. Seems ok as protection from aggro strategies, but I wish it had either 1 more toughness, did more damage, hit players, or cost less. It just seems... meh... I’m skeptical, but I’ve definitely been proven wrong before, so I’ll keep my mind open.
15) Mine Collapse - great if we run a bit more heavy on lands and run late. Too bad it doesn’t hit players though... a common theme from cards this set.
16) Arcbound Whelp / Esper Sentinel /Knighted Myr - another idea that has come to fruition from this set is Mardu Affinity. No, we won’t tech for Hardened Scales , but the removal suite that we run, in addition to these new artifact creatures (and lands!) is tempting enough to test some brews.
I hope this gives an idea of what we could change for the deck. The list was roughly done in the order of what we would tech in to the current build, but anything is possible! Let me know what you all think.
Edit: some of the cards (Knighted Myr, Mine Collapse, and Bone Shards) did not have the links set up in TappedOut as of the time of this post, so I do apologize for that.