|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters Promo (UMAP)||Mythic Rare|
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Mythic Rare|
|Innistrad (ISD)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Liliana of the Veil
Planeswalker — Liliana
+1: Each player discards a card.
-2: Target player sacrifices a creature.
-6: Separate all permanents target player controls into two piles. That player sacrifices all permanents in the pile of their choice.
|Have (5)||, , CampbellStev , lorddarkstar , jecder|
|Want (4)||A_Naked_Equinox , philktoken8998 , CardCarrier , cantcmenoobz|
Liliana of the Veil Discussion
16 hours ago
Hi, cool and really annoying deck to play against. My only suggestions would be to drop the enforcers for the forth Shrieking Affliction , as well as 2 Liliana of the Veil to make the deck a bit more effective, and also give you a better match-up vs aggressive creature decks.
5 days ago
I really like Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God and want to see him stay, so I suggest taking out some of the cards that really want a color that is not black, such as Cryptic Command , Vendilion Clique , and Sweltering Suns .
The counter spells and instant speed interaction like Vendilion Clique and Countersquall adds something to the deck, but shouldn't be the focus of it. Instead I think Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God would do best in a sort of Grixis-that-feels-like-Jund list that wants to make sure the coast is clear with removal and discard before slamming an unstoppable threat and winning.
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet - great all around threat which works well with removal and gets better as the game goes on.
- Liliana of the Veil - runs down your opponents' resources.
- Gurmag Angler - "cheap" threat
- Death's Shadow - most shadow decks are very aggressive, but as control decks run low on life generally, it may be a fine way to close out the game while freeing up the rest of your mana for removal or card draw. Would require some relatively major changes to the deck though.
- Cryptic Command - too blue intensive
- Vendilion Clique - too blue intensive and not a strong enough threat
- Jace, the Mind Sculptor - too blue intensive and cards like Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet would be better for the mana and as a threat
- Sweltering Suns - red intensive, but also objectively worse than Anger of the Gods in a Arclight Phoenix and Bloodghast meta.
- Countersquall - Mana Leak should probably be your only counter as life doesn't really matter for you and there are many creature heavy decks running around, but also it just doesn't fit with the discard/removal + slam a threat game plan.
- Opt - blue card draw and selection is one of the biggest reasons to play blue, and I think Opt and Serum Visions would be good for smoothing out your mana, curve, and finding the answers you need.
- Angrath's Rampage - good removal that people won't expect
- Kolaghan's Command - 2 for 1
- Search for Azcanta Flip - good blue card advantage engine
- Snapcaster Mage - just good value
- Terminate - good removal
6 days ago
6 days ago
I'm SO gonna build this as my first oath-breaker deck! I am concerned though that this format might end up becoming too fast for this deck archetype to keep up :/ Otherwise i think a few cards i'd consider would be Liliana of the Veil , Death Cloud , Nezumi Shortfang , Oppression , Necrogen Mists (maybe to replace earthquake), Funeral Charm to act as instant speed discard or even Underworld Dreams to really put a clock on them! I'm so excited for this deck!
1 week ago
Made some changes before playtesting:
Necropotence ;Discarding to the grave is quite important in this deck so I figured it had to go.
1 week ago
Gain control of target creature, planeswalker, or vehicle. Untap it, it gains haste until end of turn.
At the beginning of your end step, you may pay X life where X is that permanents converted mana cost. If you do, you maintain control of the permanent until the beginning your next end step. Repeat this process as many times as you like.
"You're coming with me. How, is entirely up to you." - Angrath
You can opt to maintain control as often as you'd like, at the cost of your own life total. Perhaps they have out Liliana of the Veil , Tarmogoyf , or something powerful and low cost? Perhaps they have something insanely well worth it, like a 2-turn away Ugin, the Spirit Dragon , or you want to snuff out their Ruhan of the Fomori deck? Maybe everyone else is low on life so you can spare a second turn with Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger ?
So much possibility.
1 week ago
Dark depths seems trash IMO, with multiplayer it takes 3 hits to kill all opponents and any Teferi, Hero of Dominaria , Jace, the Mind Sculptor , Teferi, Time Raveler , Liliana of the Veil , any flicker, etc. can kill it.
2 weeks ago
Nah, best deck so far was an Esper Control variant using Aminatou, the Fateshifter , a lot for colors, but it has some good synergies. Approach of the Second Sun is the Signature Spell and win condition.
You use Pithing Needle and Sorcerous Spyglass as walker hate, and Aminatou can flicker it to name a new walker need be, or with Spyglass to see a new hand. The list runs other walker hate like Suppression Field too because Aminatou isn't super necessary.
Spellseeker , Baleful Strix , and a few other creatures show in the list ( Snapcaster Mage , etc.) with Aminatou can be pure value, but Vampiric Tutor style effects with Aminatou's +1 can get us the answers we need when we need them, and with a toolbox of the best control spells from Terminus (Aminatou synergy, and synergy with our tutors to top), Toxic Deluge , and Supreme Verdict for sweepers, Liliana's Triumph , Grasp of Fate (Aminatou synergy), and all of the other most efficient 3 for ones in multiplayer are showcased as well.
Does it seem to be the best deck? I can't find any lists that have a higher win rate.
The other contenders are Saheeli (Sublime Artificer)/Thoughtcast, with tons of artifact-storm cards.
New Jace/ Stroke of Genius , with Dramatic Reversal / Isochron Scepter and other infinite mana combos, playing some control-combo deck that uses its cards for value until it hits an infinite mana combo and wins.
Liliana of the Veil / Liliana's Triumph is a list I find pretty insane, it runs Smallpox , Pox , Chains of Mephistopheles , etc. for a fast and brutal mono-black list. Variants I have seen run Pox, Vamp Tutor, Demonic Tutor, and Smallpox as the Signature spell too, but one-sided Smallpox that doesn't hit life or lands, but is an instant seems the best so far.
Want more fun?
Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded and Gamble , using gamble to set up rituals, and tibalt to discard and dig for more, until you find Empty the Warrens (wincon) and even if you discard it, you then fetch Past in Flames , cast it or flash it back if you discarded it, spam through your rituals, then cast or flashback Empty and win with 50 tokens.
Liliana of the Veil occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.31%
All decks: 0.45%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%