|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted land has ": Put a 1/1 green Squirrel creature token onto the battlefield."
Squirrel Nest Discussion
3 days ago
1 week ago
Alrighty roo, let's spend 10 minutes fixing your deck
Don't run Reap . It depends on opponents board state to function, meaning it is unreliable.
Add Prismatic Vista for increased deckthinning.
There are a whole host of other legendary cards you can be running that are 3 CMC or less. Replace any combat oriented or random buff artifacts/creature (most of the 2/3/4 CMC legendary artifacts, and also Skyship Weatherlight) with some of the following
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade turns non-summoning sick critters into mana dorks.
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard reusable tutor on a stick
- Azor's Gateway Flip better than Heart of Kiran because it lets you loot
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking lets you dump extra lands
- Bontu's Monument even though it isn't cost reducing creatures, still playable as a wincon that doesn't require attacking or targeting. Lets you pull the Rhonas monument combo and all the extra dead cards that go along with it (Craterhoof, Crossroads,
- Bow of Nylea swiss army bow, stops you from decking yourself by untapping with Paradox Engine while Reiki is in play on an empty deck.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip cradle 2.0, but triggers draw off Reiki on entering
- Hua Tuo, Honored Physician another way to stop you from decking out with Reiki in play, general value
- Melira, Sylvok Outcast legendary bear for drawing with combo busting effect, better than
You should really up creature tutor density, and add some value targets. Eldritch Evolution Chord of Calling Finale of Devastation Natural Order Time of Need Woodland Bellower Summoner's Pact Uncage the Menagerie Weird Harvest
Burgeoning Mirri's Guile Earthcraft and Oath of Nissa have far less value here than you think. I would cut them all, except possibly Earthcraft due to how well it works with Paradox engine. You should add Squirrel Nest as an alternate wincon if you keep it.
Why are you running Strip Mine ? You run no other stax pieces and no land recursion.
3 weeks ago
DemonDragonJ - but this set isn't just for Modern. It's for all eternal formats. Maro specifically stated that.
A couple quick thoughts: Altar of Dementia , Crypt Rats , and Squirrel Nest are nice reprints, the green Force is amazing, Glacial Revelation might be the card that makes a snow deck viable in modern since it hits lands too, it looks like the tree PW's name is 'Ayula', and we now have a snowman land!
3 weeks ago
Urza, Lord High Artificer has soooo many possibilities in eggs or the thopter sword deck (infinite life and creatrues is awesome).
mono Black aggro/ midrange has legs now, Force of Despair is nuts
blazing chant will probably make it's own archetype but it definitely slots right into storm
Goblin engineer looks like Stoneforge Mystic to except there's probably some loop we can establish like a new KCI ish deck
I love tortex in pauper so Spore Frog gets my mind going
and we just got Squirrel Nest so hopefully squirrels could be a thing X)
I haven't seen anything that will give us a new combo deck other than maybe urza but man this set is solid and where only three days in!
3 weeks ago
try to add more enchant land like those:
Abundant Growth / Consecrate Land / Elvish Guidance / Genju of the Cedars / Genju of the Falls / Genju of the Fields / Imprisoned in the Moon / Market Festival / New Horizons / Nylea's Presence / One with Nature / Sheltered Aerie / Squirrel Nest / Urban Burgeoning / Utopia Sprawl / Weirding Wood
This way, you will be able to untap them with the +2 effect of Estrid.
Also, you should add more card to draw
Then, you should add some recursion spells like
Also, you should add some cards to protect you like
Then, you could add some cards to take permanents from opponents like
1 month ago
I've made a number of recent updates here.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator - I've got a few other ways to recur enchantments, and she's just way to slow. I've never had her survive until my next turn to actually use her.
- Fountain Watch - I prefer Sterling Grove since I can sac it if I need to stick some auras on an enchantment creature.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - not really relevant in my meta.
- Vanishing - I absolutely love this card and may end up putting it back in. But flickering ward has been doing way more work for me, and there's been a number of times where leaving up is a pain.
- Paradoxical Outcome - with so many draw engines already the card draw was irrelevant, and I've never actually been in a situation where I was able to use it to save some permanents. Also I have ways to get them back from the graveyard.
- Wilderness Reclamation - I added it when Sigarda's Aid was still in there, but I don't think either really add anything.
- Authority of the Consuls - I've found it to be very minimal benefit
- Dawn's Reflection - While a great EDH ramp card, I already have the exact same function in Market Festival , and it felt like I have enough ramp without it.
- Soul Snare - I kinda liked the idea of the threat on the battlefield for a similar effect to Ghostly Prison , but I think it's just too weak of a card.
- Yavimaya Enchantress - I cut this long ago and I'm not entirely sure why... but she's back in now.
- Enchanted Evening - Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but I can see this doing some outrageous things here. Makes any permanent, including lands: trigger card draw from enchantresses, buf Yavimaya Enchantress / Ancestral Mask / Tuvasa the Sunlit . It also makes everything protected by Privileged Position .
- Mystic Remora - not gonna lie, I mainly added it because I love the art. But I think it can be a pretty powerful card here depending on the matchup. And the cumulative upkeep is essentially free in EDH.
- Privileged Position - I had this in here already at one point but cut it because of the high CMC. But I think I've got enough ramp at this point to make it well worth having.
- Blind Obedience - Not sure if this is a keeper yet, but there is a Breya combo deck in my local meta.
- Mirari's Wake - Ramp! This card is insane, not sure why I didn't have it in here from the start.
- Omniscience - Not sure if it's a keeper because of the super high CMC, but it does seem like pretty much a game ender as long as there's a card draw engine on the battlefield.
- Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest - I just couldn't help myself, I want infinite squirrels! Earthcraft is also relevant on it's own with all the land enchantments. I may end up cutting Squirrel Nest , as I'm not sure I like infinite combos in EDH, but that's not happening until I have a chance to use!
1 month ago
I would include Squirrel Nest for the combo with Earthcraft , What I would cut for it is kinda hard to say because you already have tuned tue deck really good,so it would be Search for Tomorrow or Lotus Petal
Squirrel Nest occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%