Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Abomination of Llanowar
Legendary Creature — Elf Horror
Abomination of Llanowar's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Elves you control plus the number of Elf cards in your graveyard.
1 month ago
Neat, I remember the OG Jarad deck! Have you considered Abomination of Llanowar or not enough elves to make it work?
2 months ago
Rhys the Redeemed, Sundering Growth, and Growing Ranks are al white cards, making them illegal in your deck. for replacements, I can recommend Abomination of Llanowar, Reclamation Sage, and Sylvan Offering.
2 months ago
As for things to cut, here is my list-
Cards to definitely cut- 1) Abomination of Llanowar he's just a big, dumb of elf with a target on his back for removal. There are better options. At least Drove of Elves has hexproof, but I wouldn't even play that. The only one I'd play is Jagged-Scar Archers, and that's because of its utility against flyers.
2) Elvish Rejuvenator He gets a land, but doesn't actually ramp you. And that is if you get a land- you might whiff. You have better options. If you really want this effect Sylvan Ranger costs one less mana and is guaranteed to not whiff.
3) Eyeblight Cullers 5cmc is just too much for something that only gives you three tokens on its death, and you have no mill synergy.
4) Golgari Findbroker This card was made for draft. It just costs too much for what it does. Its not just the four cmc, 2 and 2 is a high opportunity casting cost.
5) Harald, King of Skemfar He's basically a 3/2 with menace that replaces himself. The clause on Tyvar might seem good if you add him (which is good idea, btw- he'll be worth it even if he doesn't stick around too long), but even then you have to remember that he won't find Tyvar the majority of the time. Again, its nice he replaces himself and gives you some selection, but there are better options.
6) Jaspera Sentinel Dorks are great, but you have to tap two creatures for one mana, which is a bad rate in elves. There are better dorks suggested above.
7) Masked Admirers This is one of those cards that Wizards stuffs into every precon conceivable, even though its bad in most of them. We don't need it here.
8) Thornbow Archer He's only draining one life for each time he attacks. That isn't enough to justify his slot.
9) Voice of Many You get maybe three cards for four mana at most? He's not the worst and he does draw cards, but I've never liked him.
10) Voice of the Woods This might sound like a good use of your elves, but its better to pump your elves than to use them to summon elementals. Plus he costs five to cast.
11) Tergrid's Shadow We have a joke about this card in our playgroup, but in general it isn't what we want. Letting your opponents pick what they sacrifice means you'll rarely hit the thing you need to get rid of. You might as well just play Doom Blade or any other premium removal card in these colors. There are a lot!
12) Poison the Cup They just put this in the precon because foretell was a Kaldheim theme, but there are so many cheap (both in real world and mana cost) black removal cards that this one shouldn't make the cut.
14) Return Upon the Tide This just costs too much mana, and you have other better recursion pieces out there.
Cards to think about removing
1) Serpent's Soul-Jar This card could be good, but could also be a trap. Your graveyard is a resource, and exiling everything from it prevents mass recursion. Also, your opponents can target this with removal and you'll never get your stuff back. I'd probably just play Haunting Voyage, Patriarch's Bidding, and Living Death to get your goodies back for more fun!
2) Twinblade Assassins He does draw cards, and is probably at least as good as Phyrexian Arena while he lives. So you might keep him, but he costs 5cmc, so if you have enough card draw you might want to cut him.
4) Nullmage Shepherd This can allow us to remove problematic stuff. But tapping four elves is a bigger cost than we often want to pay. Something to think on.
5) Sylvan Messenger Again, this card does get us some draw, much like Lead the Stampede which I used to play does. I've just never found it good enough to include though. Nonetheless, you want at least ten pieces of draw, and this does count as that!
6) Eyeblight Massacre This will kill a lot of stuff, but will often leave what you most need to kill alive. Ezuri's Predation is a recently reprinted board wipe that is now more affordable and will wreck your opponents while leaving your stuff intact. In Garruk's Wake and Plague Wind cost a 25 cents each and will hose everyone but you, and because you are playing elves you can afford their cmc!
7) Ruthless Winnower Having played against this card I can attest that it is annoying, but your opponents will often kill it before it can have too much impact. If it were a lower cmc it would be a guaranteed in, at least it will take the heat off of more important cards. It is high at 5cmc though. Keeping it might be the right choice, but I'd at least consider it.
3 months ago
The long awaited update is FINALLY HERE. This is the Alteration System!
This system was made to be able to properly and accurately tag all the physical changes to a card that were just additions to an image. No card number, no unique TLA, no identifier anywhere on the card itself ... all this makes it incredibly hard to log each one individually such that users know how to tag them. Not too mention that not every card in the set will have these differences.
Here are all the alterations and how to tag them.
- Normal/Default - Foil *f* - Pre-release foil *f-pre* - Promo Pack *pp* - Promo Pack foil *f-pp* - Etched foil *f-etch* - DND foil *f-&* - Oversized *oversized* - The List *list* - Thick/Display *thick*
- The Great Henge
- The Great Henge
- Waking the Trolls *f-pre*
- Waking the Trolls *pp*
- Waking the Trolls *f-pp*
- Abomination of Llanowar *f-etch*
- Tasha's Hideous Laughter *f-&*
- The Mimeoplasm *oversized*
- Lightning Bolt *list*
- Adrix and Nev, Twincasters *thick*
To add these to your decks, lists and inventory, use the "alteration" drop down menu in the search/add UI. It will auto-populate with the alterations that have been assigned to the card and variation you have entered. If you notice an alteration that a card is missing let me know here or in the missing/incorrect card token thread.
You will notice that the we display these alterations as a border around the card. It can't on the image otherwise they would have to cover up the artwork or valuable information about the card image, and not all images are the same, so having to make a new overlay for each different type of frame or card image size is rough, and may never look nice (the etched foil in particular is really difficult).
These borders are made by yours truly, so I can photoshop them from the feedback received here to make them look better, and yes I'm already noticing improvements I can do, larger displays make the etched border not as visible for example.
Our previous method of dealing with these alterations was haphazardly placing these as artwork variations, individual sets, retroactively applied to everything even if it didn't have it, or straight up ignored. With this system the site can now have an accurate table of every alteration a card might have. At the present moment, the mystery booster stuff is being kept as is and not be a part of these alterations, purely because they've been in the system for too long and can't be easily removed.
As for price connections, I recommend card kingdom. Bless card kingdom for their user friendly SKUs that make auto-connecting 5,000+ card alterations SOOO much easier. It's still a work in progress but at least Card Kingdom gives us data that makes it possible to connect.
UPDATE: Upgraded users can now, through the card add/fix form, add in alterations to a card or variation. So if you are an upgraded user and notice that some alterations are missing, please do make submissions!
11 months ago
Some possible How Abouts: Abomination of Llanowar , Boreal Outrider (you might want some Snow-Covered Forest and Snow-Covered Swamp if you go this route), Elf Replica , Elvish Warmaster , Eyeblight's Ending , Gilt-Leaf Ambush , Harald, King of Skemfar , Jaspera Sentinel , Nadier's Nightblade , Numa, Joraga Chieftain , Path of Ancestry , Pendelhaven Elder , Prowess of the Fair , Quest for Renewal , Quirion Ranger , Reclamation Sage .
1 year ago
I forgot to reply to this post. But these should be working now.
[[Abomination of Llanowar (KHM:585) *F*]]
1 year ago
Hi raspberryfish25 Thanks, I like playing it. Just finished a quick 1-on-1 game versus my brother-in-law's deck (all about stealing cards) and lost to my own elves. As for the mentioned cards, I've looked into all the mentioned cards in early builds, some of them will definitely make the 99 in future upgrades.
Skyshroud Poacher - Pricy but spicy, still in the back of my head for a future upgrade.
Wolverine Riders - Have played this card, but didn't do well, yielded me a few extra tokens, but got removed fairly quickly, might try it again.
Sylvan Messenger - I'm not the biggest fan of digging a few deep in the hope to fetch a good card, you can whiff easily.
Elvish Guidance - Is in the deck, done great work so far.
Harald, King of Skemfar - Like Sylvan messenger, it can whiff so hard, Land, Land, Dork, Artifact, Enchantment. Also, Tyvar Kell has to be in the deck too, to get the most out of it. Abomination of Llanowar would be the better choice in this build.
Elvish Harbinger - Like the Poacher, very good.
Sylvan Offering - This can produce an insane amount of Tokens and a big beater Treefolk token with the amount of mana the deck can produce, the only drawback for me is giving my opponent the same amount in return, I will try it out, this and Stoneforge Masterwork might work, but Lathril depended.
Elvish Clancaller - An early 2 drop Lord in play is always nice, but it doesn't come with extras, like the other lords.
Elvish Champion - Also on my future upgrade list, the best Lord around for sure.
1 year ago
I've been trying to find the right balance in my Lathril build as well.
Cards I think are cuttable here: Just Beaters - You are looking to flood the board with elves and pump up Lathril to make more elves. Traditional beater type creatures don't do much for you here so you can probably lose cards like Heedless One , Abomination of Llanowar and Elvish Vanguard . These cards don't do anything for you other than get big and swing which is counter productive to you strat.
Big Mana Producers - You want to flood the board early and elves in general don't have high CMC so you can probably lose some of the higher cmc mana dorks like Wirewood Channeler , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , Joraga Treespeaker and Incubation Druid .
Other - Unless you plan on a lifegain subtheme you can cut Nissa Revane . I can't run Coat of Arms in my group because there are a lot of other tribal decks that also benefit from it. Higher mana elves like Eyeblight Cullers and Exquisite Huntmaster and Nath of the Gilt-Leaf are all cards I would consider cutting to bring down the average CMC.
Obviously just my opinions, I don't know if you have pet cards or what your plaugroup looks like just thought I could share my line of thinking!