|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Eldrazi Drone
Devoid (This card has no colour.)
Whenever another colourless creature enters the battlefield under your control, target opponent loses 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Flayer Drone Discussion
3 weeks ago
nice deck but missing some stuff
- Molten Nursery pretty much everysingle colorless thing you cast can deal damage to creatures or opponent's
- Emrakul's Influence just cast your eldrazi two card draw
- Kozilek's Return need a third board sweep well here it is.
- Not of This World wow this is not in if they try to get rid of you big guy(s) this can counter it. FOR FREE!
- Corrupted Crossroads this is not in your deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hA6Q7vPI4why.... honestly why... ITS A RAINBOW MANA PRODUCER FOR ALL THE ELEDRAZIS!!!!!!
- Flayer Drone same thing as the nursey but this is etb trigger on creatures so throw in Brood Monitor then you can do infinite damage with Eldrazi Displacer
- It That Betrays *facepalm* why in earths name is this not in if you All Is Dust with this on the field its instantaneously all over for your opponents you just stole every single thing they have.
- Deepfathom Skulker card draw and makes eldrazis unblockable
- Void Attendant exploit the cituation on all of the exiled cards for mana (don't do a sacrifice focused deck though.)
- Brood Butcher nice removal for the small creatures particually keeping Gaddock Teeg from ever seeing the light of the battlefield
- you have the banner (creatures get +1/+1 for each creature that shares a type) so scion/spawn producers is a must Brood Monitor, Blight Herder, Rapacious One, Drowner of Hope, Emrakul's Hatcher, Skittering Invasion and Sifter of Skulls.
- you have From Beyond go get the other one Awakening Zone
- Ashnod's Altar lets change the scions/spawns mana from 1 to 2 shall we.
- last but not least a top secret staple card nobody even bothers to put in stranglely Spreading Plague you just cast korona thne you just lock out anybody from getting creatures on the board and heres the kicker your beautiful eldrazis get untouched by this because devoid means they are colorless and its not a color.
oh heres a bonus if your willing to breath deep and do this but the Gisela, the Broken Blade and Bruna, the Fading Light for a loop hole of getting somewhat two white eldrazi since this can turn into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares
so those are my suggestions
3 months ago
My only concern with Flayer Drone is its susceptibility to extremely cheap and efficient removal paired with the fact that it is a 3-drop. I have been considering it, I just don't know where it would slot in... That being said, Dust Stalker has the same issue with removal (but it's one of my favorites). I know the whole "dies to Doom Blade" argument is pretty meh, but I feel it is quite relevant in this instance. I wish the drone was a little bit beefier. The drain effect and first strike are quite good though.
I'll have to mull it over a bit.
4 months ago
Flayer Drone is always a good option when you have a ton of creatures to throw down
7 months ago
I would of put Flayer Drone in, but this deck is using only cards in my collection. Thanks for the suggestion though!
I'll check out your deck and give some suggestions on it. This deck was not mean to be aggro though, as there are already too many R/B Eldrazi aggro decks. (And yes, I have an aggro Eldrazi deck)
7 months ago
no Flayer Drone ?
also check out my recipe for RB Devoid! R/B Devoid Aggro :D
7 months ago
you need to have 20-24ish (around 40% or more depending on what deck you wanna play) lands or you're gonna have a lot of dead draws. think about one win condition or board state you want to achieve and then put cards that help that idea or board state, or help you get to that idea or board state. it's fine to have a few cards that don't fit with that idea but they need to be really good cards. for example, my RB/Devoid deck has all colorless creatures like Dominator Drone and Flayer Drone, but I plan on putting in Kolaghan's Command.
it has no synergy with the devoid creatures, but it's a great card, so i made space for it. hopefully these tips helped
7 months ago
Thank you! I've been struggling with a deck idea with the implements and sac outlets, but now that I've got at least a couple copies of Pia's Revolution I can start out on building the deck.A few things I'm going to try (heads up: this coming before having played it yet; just some initial ideas): I'd rather a little more firepower than trickery, so I'm going +2 Freejam Regent and -2 Marionette. Also, since my collection is lacking (I really need more copies of Revolution and Trawler), I'm trying Molten Nursery, Flayer Drone, and Sly Requisitioner to get more bang-for-my-artifacts.
8 months ago
I just remembered Sifter of Skulls too, probably as a one of in here. Basically your Thralls would produce 2 Scions instead of one, but your Neonate would also make a Scion as well as the Familiar, Abominations, and even the Cutthroats themselves. If you did go with the Flayer Drone, I'd also put in a Sifter. I think you have enough draw to find one.
Anyway, good luck :)